Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default High MP Bishop

Hey guys,

I'm going to be starting a high MP bishop project soon and I'm looking for some advice/tips. Other than using high INT gear, is there anything else I should know/are there any tips pertaining to getting the most MP possible? I'm most likely not going to add points directly to MP until INT is maxed, and I plan to go lukless.

Any tips/hints on how to build for the highest MP count would be very much appreciated.

2. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Don't forget to use MW when you lvl and max that skill that gives INT ASAP (in 2nd job I think).

3. Default Re: High MP Bishop

How high do you want? It should be pretty easy to get to 100k (cap) with potential and neb.

4. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    canada

Default Re: High MP Bishop

I'd like it to be as high as possible, without sacrificing much INT. Basically, I would like my base MP to be as high as possible (within reason) while leveling up until level 200. After that, I don't mind switching out INT potentials/nebulites for MP.

5. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Don't forget to use Cannoner Link !

6. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Max High Wisdom first and get leached most of 2nd job.
    Get 2 pendant slots and get a Dominator Pendant and a CHTP. Get all of the Rising Sun set except for the Pendant (obviously). The pendant gives not a lot of HP and the full set effect isn't worth it for what you want. Get at least 3 of the Dragon Tail set, but don't get the Dragon Tail Sallet. Instead, get a Chaos Zakum Helm. For other rings, I'd suggest the Guardian's Eternal, the High Lord's Eternal, and the Almighty, cubed for a mix of %int and %max MP. Oh, and the Patience Incarnate Medal.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

May I ask what you need so many MP for?

8. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Maxing out Empathy to Level 100 will provide +2000 MP as well.

9. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

I want as much MP as possible for ultimate survivability, especially at Empress (tanking DR hits, etc.)

Also, does anyone know if using INT potions upon level ups will help with MP? I know that MW does, but not sure about consumables.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I thought so, but MP alone doesn't help. If you have a 99,999 MP but only 1500 HP, you will die from a 10k hit.
    (I seem to recall Harrison once wrote an article about HP washing for mages, might still be relevant even though MG's % changed).

11. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

Yeah I thought about that. I can always aim for more HP at 200, but I can't really improve my MP via my INT score after I've stopped leveling, so I figured that it would best to get my MP as high as I can whilst still leveling. I was also thinking that it might not be a bad idea to pump extra points into HP at the end (assuming my MP is high enough for my liking), but I'm not really sure if it's worth it.

12. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Well, at 200 (190+, really), you'd need 7501 HP (this shouldn't really be a problem, especially if you have (decent) HB) in addition to 42501 MP (MG is 85% for everyone, now, right?) to tank one of Empress's DR hits, though a lot of good that would do if you were on pot cooldown, with just 1 MP and 1 HP.

Personally, I think after you reach around 42.5k MP, you should focus on your HP. The best strategy for surviving would probably be to tank hits without MG and only resort to MG if damage reflect is a possibility, since having enough MP to tank 2 DR hits would probably take a lot more time, effort, and money, not to mention relying only on HP would pretty much make you invincible as a bishop, since you can constantly spam heal, barring zombify, of course.

13. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

Thanks for those numbers, that really helps!

I have one concern though, when you say focus more so on HP, do you mean directly pumping points into HP? I was avoiding directly adding points to HP so I could a) still be an efficient healer (main reason) and b) to not sacrificing attacking power for survivability. Where empress doesn't 1/1, I hadn't really been concerned about that.

In the end, my main goal was to get as much MP as I could, while I could. I won't be actually pumping points into MP (except possibly the extra 23 at 200, either that or HP). Do you have any suggestions for rasing HP that I might have overlooked?

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    canada

Oh does it? I never actually noticed, I knew the bomb did though.

15. Default Re: High MP Bishop

It's really just the same as above, but with HP rather than MP, 3 Set Empress, I use gloves, shoes, and overall on my bishop, but any combination would work, minus those including the hat, cZak scrolled for HP, Rex Earrings, I also have 60HP nebulites on everything, the highest C Rank HP Nebulite. Luckily, besides nebulites and potentials, most stuff that raises MP also raises HP, so just doing what you were planning on doing should be sufficient.

Dedicate as much of your resources as possible to hitting 42.5k MP, with perhaps a bit extra for a heal or two, then the rest of your gear should be focused on raising your HP. I don't remember how much Empress and her friends do, but I believe you could tank two hits with 15kish HP, but the more HP the better, else you face what priests did training at Himes with a DK.

Once we get the character card system, you could also get a few extra % HP from having a Spearman/DK/DrK card. (If you were wondering, the % MP counterpart is the F/P mage). Though the max you'd gain is 5% with a 200 DrK/F/P

I'm sure others could offer you more current advice, though, I rarely ever use my bishop for Empress anymore.

Hmm, I do remember DR bypassing MG, but I'm not sure if they changed it recently, probably not though, worth testing.

16. Default Re: High MP Bishop

It does.

17. Default Re: High MP Bishop

Yeah, DR bypasses MG.

18. Default Re: High MP Bishop

I'd recommend amending this to 3 set empress: shoes gloves and cape. I know cape is more expensive, but there are pretty huge reasons for a bishop interested in HP to use top/bottom rather than an overall: HP scrolling. As a percentage of total hp, scrolling equips for hp gives more to a bishop than almost any other class (because of low base hp). There are no overall HP scrolls, but 60% top/bottom hp give 60 hp each slot. Incidentally, GMS should be having the common level 80 top/bottom event soon. Which I unsurprisingly view as HP bishop christmas. I can finally retire my level 11 top and level 26 bottom.

Without any hp equips, 1% hp is probably 25 HP for a bishop. That same line of potential is 50+ HP raw for the potential/nebulite system. + HP generally beats +% HP. Even with a ton of +HP I've barely gotten them to parity on my bishop.