Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Since we're on the topic: At what age did you guys choose to be gay? I'm not gay but I decided to be bisexual at 16.

Just wondering.

2. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

I like how he came out a typical stereotype.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

I don't want to argue, but that makes no sense at all. Sexuality is not something you can decide yourself as far as I know. The way I see it, some people are born gay or bi, most just won't identify themselves as one before puberty. The fact that there's homosexuality in animals further supports this theory. Not sure how much scientific evidence there is for this though.

4. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

i dont know you but i think mark's tone was abit mocking and sarcastic.

5. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Pretty sure mark's being sarcastic, not that it matters.

6. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

When was the last time Mark's posted something serious? I don't see how anyone can read his posts and believe he's being sincere.

7. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Well there was that one thread about the opinion of the attraction of girls...I can't think of anything else.

OH HES REALLY PASSIONATE ABOUT DFO.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Well you can say that...
    *puts on sunglasses*
    He became a total birch
    /Lamepunjoke

Is this really possible? I mean, from what I knew homosexuality comes from the mind, it's not like a sickness or a disease. But I've read in many places that homosexuality takes places deep inside the mind and it's a decision the person takes not that he "borns" with it.

9. Default

I find it weird that the first guy he gets with happens to be "the one". I know that stuff happens, but it's not common.

Or I may just be ignorant.

10. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Mark will be Mark.

And this is quite interesting. Further evidence towards the fact that whether a person is gay or straight is based on how their brain is wired as opposed to it being a choice. But most people I've come across who think being gay is a choice have little understanding of science anyway, and believe a lot of nonsense.

And it is hard to say how common it is. It quite possibly goes unreported a lot due to attitudes towards gay people.

11. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Buttmad mods on duty. Check out my sweet infraction for asking an honest question!

12. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Appeal it and explain that the mod is being disrespectful and forcing their irrational "being gay is not a choice" belief upon you!

lol @ that post getting labelled as "trolling" though. It was obvious that Mark was being completely serious and trolling had never crossed his mind!

13. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Neuroscience is awesome. Anyone ever hear about the nice guy who got a railroad spike shoved through his frontal lobe, and then he became a psychopath? They always tell that one in psychology classes.

Note: I'm not saying gay people are psychopaths. PLEASE don't take it that way.

14. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Totally surprised when I read the user comments. Yahoo News is the reason I hate seeing "gay" in any news (and I almost want to put "news" in quotation marks, too).

It does come off a bit as an excuse to finally come out, but that could just be me getting defensive about who I am--or rather who I am not. Who really knows what's going through his head?

15. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Keep in mind that one of the common side effects of a stroke is loss of boundaries; He could've been gay and completely repressed to the point of not even having realized it and had that repression blown to bits by this. The degree of change could be due to having only just found the freedom to explore who he wants to be rather than who he was raised to be.

Or it could just be severe brain damage has actually completely remapped his personality and preferences. It can happen. For all that people want to pretend that who they are is dependant on some force outside their physical bodies your brain contains the instructions that make you, you. Your brain stores your memories, and controls how they're processed, interpreted and acted upon in regards to the present. Muck with it enough and who you are can and will change.

We'll probably never know the truth of this one since it depends largely on bits we can't see, but it's not our life so it doesn't really matter either.

16. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

I'm sorry but... people really believe this? Even you, Eos? Even with a loss of boundaries or mental damage I just can't imagine this to be even kind of true. Especially the lengths he's gone to to be FLAMING. It feels to me like he's using the stroke as a cop-out so he won't hurt the people he loves while he can still live his life the way he wants to.

Though I do agree completely with this

17. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

Believing it and acknowledging it's not impossible are not the same thing. As I said; It's ultimately irrelevant. Regardless of how or why the stroke facilitated it, he is what he is now. It doesn't particularly matter to me whether it's because it rewired his brain, gave him an epiphany, or gave him an excuse. The end result is the same and it's all equally possible (if not equally probable) and it's all pretty much improvable as far removed as we are from the situation.

An MRI, or fMRI could probably demonstrate if there's been a fundamental change in his brain, but unless someone happened to take one before and after we lack the necessary evidence to prove or disprove this and taking it at face value with a grain of salt and acceptance that what it is now ultimately is all that matters is our best course of action.

18. Default Re: Man has stroke, wakes up gay

No experimental evidence out there therefore I cannot say much except... maybe. It's a wacky world.

Hadriel