IGN: Maj0ra
    Server: Broa
    Level: 666
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Aura
    Alliance: Twilight
    usa

Default Nexon games freeze on my computer

I used to have an issue with all Nexon games (now only Combat Arms) where it could best be described as a "freeze". After a few games, my computer would freeze with the last audible sound buzzing in my ear forcing me to do a hard reset.

My computer can run games more demanding than Combat Arms and Maple. I'm a big fan of playing CA with my friends so I'd like to figure this issue out ASAP.
    I used to get the exact same issue with MapleStory but for some reason it doesn't happen anymore. I tried running in all different compatibility modes, running as admin, running on a single core, etc. Please help!

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

The only time I've had full computer freeze it was an overheating problem with my video card. Of course it was not exclusive to Nexon games.

3. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

I have the exact same problem. Haven't found a fix for it, and people seem to dismiss it as my fault. Mind posting your specs?

Mine:

i7-950
    6950 2gb
    8gb ram
    crap sound card
    msi mobo

I thought it might have been my onboard sound card, because the freezing was happening in BF3 too, and buying any sound card seemed to remedy the problem for many people. So I did, and it fixed BF3 completely, but it hasnt fixed any of the Nexon games.

4. Proton
    IGN: Maj0ra
    Server: Broa
    Level: 666
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Aura
    Alliance: Twilight
    usa

Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

i7 960

I'm unfamiliar with the rest of my parts.

I think it has to deal with incompatibility in the 6xxx series as every thread I've seen the person has a 6xxx card

here's my basil thread with someone else describing the same issue http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/2401362

5. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

If you go to the Start Menu (Assuming you're on Windows), then Run, then type in dxdiag, you can get more detailed hardware information.

As you hypothesize, it's likely an issue with specific hardware, considering it's exclusive to specific games, and doesn't seem to have a connection to anything else (Like, for instance, heat temperatures). If this is indeed the case, there's only two solutions: 1) Waiting for Nexon to do something (And you'll be waiting a long time), or 2) Upgrade. Unfortunately the second one may not be possible depending on your budget, so you may be screwed until one of those things takes place.

6. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

In this case he'd probably have to downgrade. Nexon probably stopped updating their games for newer hardware.

7. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

Maybe, but I have an i7 processor and no issues. By "6990" I assumed he meant his Graphics Card was a GeForce 6990, which is ancient. I dunno, "6990" is pretty vague. Regardless, hardware is most likely the culprit. Shame Nexon doesn't update their games to be compatible with anything that's unexpected.

8. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

Usually 6990 means a radeon 6990, which is pretty top of the line right now.

9. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

Oh my bad. I forgot all about Radeons. Then yeah, you guys probably have to downgrade, or wait 5 years for Nexon to decide it's time to update their compatibility again. It sucks =/

10. Default Re: Nexon games freeze on my computer

Maybe there is a way to get Maplestory to use only your onboard graphics, or an easy way of disabling your card without restarting your whole computer.