1. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

there you go

2. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

グーグル翻訳を使わないほうがいい。

兎に角、日本の声優はアメリカであるカーツーンをすれば、アメリカ人はカーツーンが嫌いになる だろう。

Yep. This thread is fun. It'll never end (even if this thread is closed). lmao Seriously, this guy makes this thread on Basilmarket dozens of times a week and he doesn't get tired of it. I do have to give him credit for being persistent.

3. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Persistent or... stubborn?

4. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

not oficial voice actor(she is in fighting is magic) but I really enjoyed watch this

5. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

I've seen zero TV shows that have good English voice actors, unless you guys can list one.

6. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

No words need to be spoken in this thread from here, god damn it. NEVER diss Futrama. Badass mother fucking Futurama.

And for extra humor measure :

7. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Uh, anything that is american produced? The only reason japanese show's don't translate well over (voice wise) is because the anime's are also designed around mannerisms that is hard to imitate. There's plenty of other reasons but I thought DBZ was better in english.

8. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

I'm too used to hearing English voices in American cartoons, as much as I love japanese animes, it would be way too weird to hear Japanese voice dubbing over American cartoons.

9. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

It depends on the anime for example G-gundam berserk are horrible in Japanese. The first example because it's supposed to be a break away from the political and serious nature of a gundam show to a hammy over the top action. It falls flat in Japanese. The latter because the language doesn't work with mid-evil Europe. Though there are some horrible English dubs, Gantz is a blaring example among others.

10. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Really? Zero TV shows that are good in English? I will admit that there are cartoons and anime that are tedious in English, mostly shows that have been dubbed by 4Kids and Nelvana. I can't stand One Piece and Cardcaptor Sakura dubs.

But you listen to cartoons and anime like The Simpsons, Transformers Animated, Phineas and Ferb, and Princess Tutu, their English voice acting are really impressive, though I love the Japanese version of Phineas and Ferb & Princess Tutu as well.

In general, Japanese voice acting isn't as amazing as some people may think. It can be as bad as English voice acting, if not worse. Goku sounds like a woman to me in Japanese. I guess the reason that some people think Japanese VAs are better than English VAs is that there's not much Japanese dubs on cartoons as much as English dubs on anime.
    Last edited by Wheels1; 2012-07-09 at 05:26 PM.