1. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Ahh very good. You have examples. I'm surprised you have not noticed I stopped caring. I just led you on till you actually showed proof. Having Jap. voice actors dub shows for the US/Canada/UK would be just downright weird. They really have to be good at English for a start, second, do you really think kids can understand (not discriminating..) their ascent?
    Third, I don't REALLY watch much Anime or anything related to it, but I'm aware of 'what's what.' I'd ask for even more examples (ex.The shows in short.) but it's a waste since I won't likely know any of those shows...nor do I know these VAs. And last, I hope your not the same person from Basilmarket.
    I really hate it when I mix my basilmarket life with this life.

2. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Oh? That horrible ass of a language is any better? It sounds like cats screaming bloody murder. No one wants to hear that.

3. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Did you even go on YouTube and check the voice actresses I listed?

4. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

I KNOW THIS IS A JOKE THREAD BUT I WANT TO CORRECT SO MUCH
    2/3 don't have more voices than Tara ― Gotouza might be on par with Tara.

There's only a handful of seiyuu who have the range that Tara has, or at least proven that they do. I think you're just blinded by how [in general] the native Japanese speaker has a higher pitch than a native English speaker so it seems like they have more voices.

coughtoyosakiakiisamazingcough

5. Alligator Straight Male

(In a flat, emotionless voice)Oh now he's asking the questions. Huzzah, give the man a prize. Ya know, I'm just grateful for the VA's we have in the states. And that's something you need to learn kind sir, being GRATEFUL...ingrate. Or do you want me to translate that into what you know best?

6. Alligator Straight Male

Risky double here. She has a good point also. Strong is able to play from a boy (Ben 10) to a girl (Twilight S.), to even a bird.

7. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

How do you think that English VAs have more voices? All their voices have are screaming and whining, which is why Japanese VAs are necessary for every cartoons and anime. Japanese VAs have more variety. Saying that 2/3 of Japanese VAs don't have more voices than Tara is false.

8. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Yeah, I'm not saying Tara Strong is bad at all. She's probably my favourite English VA, though I like Jennifer Hale's voice more.
    Out of the 3 seiyuu you picked, I said 2/3 of them are below Tara Strong in terms of range. I will say that Hirano Aya is a big iffy because her voice acting is more similar to live-action acting and not voicing a cartoon. And Minorin isn't that great of an actor. But her singing is pretty good for a seiyuu.

Having "more voices" does not make you a better voice actor either ― it just enables you to get more roles. Look at Noto Mamiko. She has a very small range and can only successfully do a certain amount of roles, but her acting is still amazing.

To be honest, I don't think it's fair to compare when it comes to voice acting in Japan. They have special schools just for voicing in anime/video games and there's a bit more of a market for them compared to the West. That's kind of why you'll see a lot of the same voices for dubs here.

9. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Someone should go watch My Little Pony, the amount of great VAs there is exploding through the roof. Tabitha St. Germain is awesome (and Tara Strong is there too).

10. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Have you even watched MLP in Japanese?

11. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Why is this thread happening again? The guy is obviously the same person as before... And this isn't Shenanigans.

12. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Even though this thread is a joke...

MLP doesn't have a Japanese dub, and even if it did there isn't a seiyuu that could play Rarity as well as Tabitha St. Germain does IMO.

13. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

West=/=USA.

14. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

MLP actually has a Japanese dub on YouTube, but it's only a fandub. It's not quite as good as the original, but it isn't that bad in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YW52PvGKltY

15. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

That's just like... Your opinion man.

16. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

I think most of the shows that you listed have great voice acting. Happy Tree Friends don't have the characters that speak languages, and Adult Swim is an adult-oriented cable network, not a cartoon.

I think you should have put Yu-Gi-Oh, Ranma 1/2, and some other cartoons/anime that have been dubbed by 4Kids or whatever, then I would have agreed with you.
    Last edited by Wheels1; 2012-04-16 at 08:04 PM.

17. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

"Why, yes!" said the person who is proud to not be American. ( ´,_ノ` )y━・~~~~

But I mean, if you're really good in Japan, you can live off of being a voice actor. Not sure if you can do that in the rest of the world. And yes, I know only a handful of seiyuu can even do that.

18. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

Live at large nah, but there's quite a market, mostly on non-english speaking countries since most people although would be fine hearing the same voice from time to time would not like emotionless VAs.

As for how big is their market vs. Japans, well can only talk about hispanic countries but although its mostly for movies/shows, starcraft II has a latin america version (which shocked me since it was really good) and spain pretty much dubs everything that comes near them (including games as far as the '90s if not before), just to tell you there are at least 3 spanish versions for almost anything dubbed (argentina, latin and spain).

Just look at this wikia about hispanic american dub (is about 3 time the freaking naruto wiki).
    http://doblaje.wikia.com/

19. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I think he stopped posting after seeing this comment.

20. Default Re: Please Hire Japanese voice actors for cartoons!

あなたはそれと恋にそういまいましいならして行くそこに移動します。