Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

Anyone tested if 2x drop works to make Arkarium drop more souls? The first run I did without dropped two and the second with it activated dropped 3, but those are the only runs I've done so I haven't tested it thoroughly yet. Running twice a day with guild members takes us about an hour and 20 minutes to get souls for everyone.

2. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

If you got the same Adventurer revamp patch JMS did, this is already implemented.

I dunno if you've done a run or not, though, so I dunno if it's the same way in GMS.

But even if it wasn't, you can at least do multiple Akyrums a day. It's 1 quest a day, not 1 Akyrum.

3. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

I did do one run, where one orb dropped. But that time round I was just getting the '1/1 Arkarium' quest done so it didn't matter.

Not sure why they couldn't use that as the completion requirement, except to make this boss more obnoxious.

4. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

I agree; they shouldn't make you do him 6 times as it is, it's idiotic.

In JMS, Akyrum didn't visually drop the orbs for us at all, because they are quest items. You should only be seeing the orbs if you can actually grab them. If it's different in GMS, and he did only drop 1 for the entire party....then ew. Have fun with that. Doing him once a day was annoying enough.

5. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

I didn't see any, just my party members (party of 5) complaining. May go for a second run sometime if I'm bored, probably not. It's only 1 atk anyway.

6. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

You can't see them unless you got quest active.

I'm having fun doing it with my friends. Sure it's easy and just takes time, but it's something to do together and we have a lot of fun.

7. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

Feel the same way about that one there, not that often you really do too many things in this gate anyways . We all just end up soloing everything.

Also confirming that 2x drop does effect the drop rate of souls, I gotten 3 before as well.

8. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

arkarium is not that hard but I cant solo it

results of a 10min run the only problem I had was trying to kill his summons... wind piercing is kinda slow but atleast it heals myself

LF>decent si

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Wha... you don't need mages to kill the summons?

10. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

The Cygnus Arkarium's summons aren't physical immune, no.

11. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

Not in the cygnus version. The real deal, that's a different matter.

12. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

This is the Cygnus Arkarium where the summons can be damaged by both physical and magic attacks. The real one has summons that can only be damaged by magic attacks.

13. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

mmm no?... wind piercing and arrow rain are fine

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

If you did, Akyrum would be even more impossible, considering how very few people have a Mage Cygnus...

15. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

I only just now got my wind archer prepped to do this, but it doesn't seem like there's any parties around even on Bera. I wonder if there's a certain time of day where it'd be easier to find a group... did I just miss the initial rush? I know it's just 6 more attack, but I'd like all the buffs I can get.

If any of you guys are on Bera and have a cygnus knight ready to fight the guy, I'd really like to join. My stats are likely fairly awful since I last played my WA as a main (hey, don't laugh, I really liked them when they were new) but I figure a 9500-13500 range would be enough.

16. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

Just to let people know, on 95% of my groups runs, arkarium decides to glitch up and not move or attack. He only breaks out of glitched state if certain people attack him (the ones that glitched him I'm assuming). It usually happens after someone is a pig or goes off screen or something.

Whoever can attack him and not break him out of glitched state just does until he dies. Saves us a good 10 minutes.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Had the glitching happen to us 3 times on our 3 runs earlier today. Two of them, we kind of figured out the "glitched" person, but the lack of DPS from the "Glitched" people wasn't worth it.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

happened to me twice in the 5 runs i've been in. really good if you're in a full party, but not so much when trioing.

19. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

It glitches 100% after a TB uses barrage and gets either transformed or seduced, and unglitches after the same TB knocks it back again. Haven't noted down anything else that can cause it. One run left and I'll be done with this!

20. Default Re: Arkarium and the CK

Now that I've fought him a few times, I gotta say I'm getting rather tired of it being fairly clear that we've got the force to kill him within the timer, yet apparently we aren't killing him *fast enough* and half my party gets bored and leaves. What a waste :(