Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

I'm not even sure there's any point arguing about class differences when it's completely unplayable for anyone who doesn't live in California. Without fixing that, pvp will never be any good.

The battle attack catch-22 doesn't help either.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

I'm in CO and I only get lag when there's an x2 event going on, or if my antivirus is doing stupid updates.

3. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

pvp is a cesspool, while the game might not be quite better off without it just because its something to do, it is certainly past bothering to try balancing.

(i was a terror mech in pvp in windia a while back)
    (also, i never really had issues w/ siege mode, it does hella damage even if its slow to fire)

4. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Just a little lag doesn't make it unplayable. I live in south america and I could do fine and even exceed everyone in my room at times (but then again, I'm a hero). Now if you're talking about the host server's lag, that's another story.

This is one thing I thought about while thinking of a solution to lag for everybody.

TURNS-BASED PVP.

Like old School RPG's. Do you guys think it's even possible to implement a PVP like that in MS?

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Can't say I'm fond of this idea. It would completely eliminate the control part of PvP and make it much more equip and strategy-based.

6. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Oh yah, equips... says enough. Ok scrap that idea.

7. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

They need to take out those "balancing" changes they made to where you die in only a couple of hits.

8. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

1. Fix it so it isn't Buff > Fall > AoE skill > Die > repeat

2. I don't mind if dex classes have to fire in a straight line but at least increase the stun rate and seal rate on AR and AE so we (bowmen) can catch people. Mercedes has a pomegranate ton of skills so they don't need the help. If Air Strike turned into an AoE skill and they gave Mechs the ability to explode their summons by hitting the key again (which would add a fair amount of strategy to the entire game) then that'd be fine. Sairs are getting revamped and Thieves suck all kinds of plantain and are also getting revamped, but seems like Shade Split is a decent AoE skill.

3. Should be able to corner someone so you can use your strongest attacks, but they should be able to break free. In Street Fighter if you're trapped in a combo like that you need to mash jump, in Skullgirls you can break free of this by hitting any attack, idk about KoF because I've never been stuck in something like that and I've never played Tekken or anything x Tekken. UMvC3 is a button mashing contest so I don't want maple to take cues from that.

4. Add ranking modes for most wins, most kills in a single match, etc

5. 1 Battle Mode attack shouldn't be 1% damage, that adds up too quickly. Plus Rising Sun and the level 130 set are god outside of PvP too. This might be a change for the whole game and not just PvP, but I favor a game where you can specialize equips in Bossing if you desire, or PvP, or Training, etc. (which would require a reworking of the potential system which is long overdue anyway). For those Maplers who wouldn't want to scroll brand new equips for each occasion, The Potential system could force you to pick a single bonus, or something, idk, too tired to write atm

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Ranking Mode would be cool, but considering you can just cheese the hell out of that with suicide mules....:(

Change 1 BATK to +0.5% PvP damage? If you were super crazy about that stuff, you'd only cap at +45% PvP Damage or whatever, but that's having EVERYTHING, including Max Ambition and set stacking.

Rising Sun set would net you +15% instead of the current ridiculousness of +30%.

10. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

I really have no faith in Nexon here. As long as they it possible to farm PvP for monetary rewards, I'm pleased.

11. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

BATT should just be gone. Not just have small bonuses but completely gone. A good change for this is to make the lvl130 sets viable for PvE (better than VL but not as good as Empress).

There should be an "Avatar-Off" zone (Gunbound lingo) where everyone has preset stats and skill levels.

-

I have a small feeling that PvP is staying after Justice... don't ask me why.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

I'd be curious as to why they would keep PvP considering Phantom (and Mikhail) doesn't even have a PvP table for his skills.

Would they just "Ban" Phantom from PvPing?

13. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

There's a possibility they have the skill tables but just didn't release them.

Idk, it's a very very small chance; a Nexon employee did seem to think PvP is really important to GMS f3. We did get CTF before everyone else... so there's a small chance.... idk.