Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

The ability to make your own rooms would bring out even further retardation without regulation. "LOL NO FUNDED, ONLY POOR, NO EVAN's, ONLY BOWMASTERS"

2. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Are you saying Priest are overpowered or weak in PVP? Because I was in the impression that having a stunning shinning ray, telerport and doom made them good or at least balanced, while in 4th job I don't think they got anything other than genesis to help them fight on pair with others.

3. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

I assume this is a bug and hopefully its only in ems atm. F/p mist can damage people on the respawn spot <_>

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Priests suck in pvp.
    -I almost never use SR unless it's for a quick hit.
    -Teleport mastery is useless.
    -Doom is pretty cheap. I only use it when warriors crash me/to get a Mercedes to stop being so jumpy... or DarkxSand is being a corner camper >_>

Bishops, have the potential to perform very well in pvp however. Oddly enough, I hardly see bishops in Scanian pvp.
    I use big bang more than anything. Learn to control it well, and it helps tons. Genesis is nice, and I hardly use angel ray. Bahamut does tend to get me a few kills now and then.

5. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Just to clarify I haven't played a Priest or Bishop in PVP so I certainly don't know first hand about their pros and cons, but I've been in plenty of matches in which Priest performed pretty well. Shinning Ray can stun after Ascension, so combined with Teleport Mastery's stun, a Priest can wrap around their target while using these 2 to keep it stunned. Doom wouldn't be cheaper than a warrior using Magic Crash and is plenty times more fair than a Merc using Leap Tornado or a DS using Cry.

On the other hand, other than Angel Ray, Bishops got nothing that makes them different or gives them advantage over other jobs. Most jobs got ultimates, all mages got summons like bahamut and all mages but BM got big bang

6. Donator Straight Female
    canada

Shining ray barely stuns, I don't recall the % of it, but I've tested it out in 180+ pvp.
    Teleport mastery recasts itself every time you teleport, taking up precious seconds in which you are vulnerable to attack; it's not worth using.
    The only bishops I really see use doom are often low-levels in pvp that don't stick around too long. The few pvping bishops I've talked to from other worlds seem to agree that doom is, for the most part, looked down upon using frequently.

You sure about that? Keep in mind that we do have heal, bahamut gives us status resistance, holy shell, we do have dispel (which, keep in mind doesn't just dispel magic guard, but a variety of classes' buffs, including shadow partner).

The mages considered "pro" in pvp all use big bang, and they know how to control it well.

@ShinkuDragon; has taken plently of bb's to the face if he tries to monster magnet me

7. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I can't stand PvP because it's laggy as hell. That really needs to be fixed, but unfortunately knowing Nexon, it won't happen.

What sucks about making rooms in PvP is that (like I said, pomegranatety community in GMS) there are going to be noobs that do Trade Wins to get the easy way of Emblems (especially Team Battles and Capture the Flags.) However! You should get the ability to kick people you don't want out if you were in the waiting map first.

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'd rather them just keep creating their bs to get it out of the way so they can eventually make more actual content than continue wasting time with PvP.

9. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Well arrow rain does 20% stun now.. so maybe that'll change things up.. doubtfully though... :/

10. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Remove damage reflecting skills for most of the classes that have them. It's incredibly stupid that I've died because I was dishing out too many hits while in Smokescreen.

11. Donator Straight Female
    canada

Or at least put a nerf on it... that cannoneer counter is killer :C

12. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

It just needs to have no lag. I can't see anything and eventually lag to death, especially when a mechanic is there :C

But then again I haven't played in like 3 months so...

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

How many classes are there with DR skills now, lol?

Shadower
    Night Lord
    Mechanic

Hero
    Paladin (on account of just trying to kill one takes down a ton of your HP)
    Dark Knight
    Demon Slayer
    Cannoneer

Aran
    Bucc (?)

Hey, a lot of the overpopulated classes are on this list!

Bolded the ones that IMO should get their DR skills removed. Maybe I forgot some classes though

14. Donator Straight Female
    canada

I see almost no NLs/Buccs/Arans in pvp, so I think they're fine as is for now; I can deal with Heroes/Drks/Ds; however the rest can go die in a dark hole ;_;

Don't even get me started on Paladins D:< I don't bother wasting my time killing them >_>

15. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Buccs don't have DR btw. Arans don't either.

Cannoneer is like... the only class that can punish high BATT or gloved players lol.

16. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

I just love being killed by my own Assassinate!

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Cannoneer's "Counter" is the most bullpomegranate thing ever lol
    2 Demon Impact counters will take my own HP from full to 40%

18. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

Perhaps you should uh I don't know don't attack those classes when ur in your smoke and have low hp.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

I generally smoke when I first jump down in the biggest mob available, and I usually don't survive for a full minute (Smoke's cooldown) to use it again. Selective targeting is pretty much impossible in such situations.

20. Default Re: Improving PVP in MapleStory

I'm disappointed I missed this thread.

If you're making tiers for any fighting game, and more than half the classes are all in the same tier, that's pretty damn impressive. Compared to non-pvp ms, pvp is a glorious bastion of balance and skill. Granted, that speaks more to how disgustingly broken and disfigured ms is rather than pvp being truly balanced, but still.

Most of pvp's problems come from changes introduced externally, and recently. I think the original design and idea is among the best things Nexon has done in this game. I agree with Sephie that dex classes getting the shaft is almost a necessary function of pvp's design. But... I don't consider that a problem. BMs do well with inferno, it sucks that their non-pvp main attack is basically useless but given I rarely can use angel ray on my bishop I hardly find that damning. Does anyone honestly expect them to server side full speed attacks for pvp? The matches would lag horrendously. Built in attack lag was a compromise solution that made some classes seem unnatural, but allowed everyone to fight with at least the semblance of real time input. There is no workable way I see to do it any other way and have the classes more resemble their outside-pvp counterparts. The most pineappleed up thing dex based classes have right now is freaking mount lag which still hasn't been fixed. And that's a problem for ME.

I pvp most with mages and I can honestly say that the main reason why I do well is teleport. I use teleport to dominate the items and thus maintain a constant advantage over opponents. But almost any class these days can rival that mobility, most people just seem to disregard items they should be depriving their opponents of. So from my perspective the thing that grants me most advantage is items, and therefore in talking about balance they should be nerfed. But if its just the state of the metagame that most players are dumb... should that really be changed in response?

The most recent class balancings did go in the wrong direction for pvp. Bams were great before, but with all auras they're over the top. When I play my bam, it used to be that I had to rely on mobility and hit twice for each time the average opponent hit once - just to do the same damage. But since I can have ada on all the time and the main attack is more powerful, the added mobility is just pure advantage. So I think that should be changed back, or finishing blow be weakened proportionately.

The steps to fix pvp are simple and finite, but even with its current flaws I just want to reiterate how much better I think it is than virtually all the outside pvp content MS has to offer right now.

Oh, and for the record, as long as PVP is the source for any permanent non-pvp gear/advantage, I'm super against the idea of controlling who is in matches. The randomness is the only thing preventing it from being nonstop farming like everything else in this god-forsaken game. My only proposed change to the matchmaker is to make it cross-server. Since it already seems like pvp takes place on pseudo-channels not necessarily associated with any player world, I don't think it would be difficult to implement. And that would mean the servers with low pvp traffic would be able to pvp whenever they wanted.