Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default ultimate versus normal adventurers

Hi guys,

Here i am again, with another question!

So the justice patch is comming this week (right?). On the official maplestory site i read ultimate adventurers where going to get buffed with more max hp points? I wasnt sure what to think of this, i always thought there was no difference between ultimate adventurers and normal adventurers besides the 1 skill from the 20 rabbit drops quest?

so whats the difference between normal adventurers and ultimate adventurers?

and what is going to change for me next patch as a hero? i wasnt sure in which of the kmst skill revamp topics i should be looking to find out whats going to change next patch.

thanks!

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

Currently, Ultimate Explorers have less HP/MP and inventory space than the normal Explorers. The only perks that Ultimates have are some armor sets, a medal, and some Beginner skills that normal Explorers can get through a long and tedious quests.

After the next patch, Ultimate Explorers will get two new skills for their Beginner tab. One of the skills provided Ultimate Explorers with the HP/MP they were missing because they skipped the First and Second job advancements (they're still missing their inventory space). The other new skill is a summon that looks like the one from the Character's corresponding Cygnus class, but it acts more like a Counterattack and only activates when the character gets hit (I don't believe it can draw aggro though).

I could be wrong on how the summon works, but the Ultimate Explorer does get one, that much is certain.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Do they get the skill the second the patch hits or do only UAs created post-patch get the skill?

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Every UA gets the skill, regardless of when they were created.

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

The skill is Shinsoo's Blessing.

Image taken from Max's blog.

About the aggro drawing thing, I'm not sure about it as I aggro monsters sometimes when all I did was just walk past em, with my soul.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but doesn't aggro drawing refer to basically the deaggro-ing effect of summons? e.g. if Dark Flare hit a monster, the monster would no longer chase/attack you (that was fixed though so whatever, just an example).

7. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

Long story short, they are not anything special compared to normal adventurers.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Unless you're a post justice buccaneer.

Or I/L mage.

Or bowmaster...

Or either classic thief...

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

RIP Chakra. And any semblance of an actual mobbing skill in third job. Looks like I'll have to get Vampire to be able to do anything at Empress in the future

10. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

If you want the semi-useful attack skills, you can always do the quests on any adventurer. With all the 2x events GMS throws at us, it is not even that hard.
    The summon is not really interesting, the HP is not high enough to make a difference and the medal is easily replaced by medals earned from quests. I do know that vampire has its uses though.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Difficulty is subjective to be honest. It's tedious and enough of a time sink for me and a lot of people to just not bother unless it's a character that's too high a level to just replace so easily. Even then the only one of the classes i mentioned that gets no real benefit out of more than level 1 of their respective skills is buccs, and perhaps maybe I/Ls. (not sure if higher level gears = higher duration) In such a case hunting for the skill on an existing character MIGHT be worth it, but 90% of the time it won't.

The summons and HP and medals i never really argued for in favor of making the UA worth it. Those jobs and the skills they receive add significant functional improvements that they're otherwise significantly worse off without to the point of making UA counterparts MUCH better.

12. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

The skills are not as irreplacable as you make it out though. So in conclusion, UA's aint nothing special, just like I said.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

They were never anything special. The only "thing" people complained about were the UA skills when UAs first came out, but that died off rather quickly.
    Also the Medal doesn't really get replaced all that easily. A 2 ATK/MATK 200HP/MP medal isn't anything to scoff at.

14. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

The quest is specially annoying, I've started it on my F/P and it sure is frustrating to get the skills. Gears gets more duration with level IIRC.

The last Silent Crusade medal is better and not hard to obtain.

Flame Gears is also pretty good for F/P mages, it lets them attain max damage Mist Explosion earlier, is a +100%/s boost and even when you don't need all your DoT skills to achieve 999,999 damage it's a much better alternative than recasting any of the other skills as it lasts much longer.

15. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

16. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

How is it useful for an I/L Mage? It's a Fire element skill and receives damage penalty for using an E-Staff/Wand, does it not?

If anything I can see it being useful for an F/P since they get Burning Magic and might let you push Mist further back in favor of different skills since you don't get Mist Explosion until 4th, right?

17. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

100% DoT is quite useful, and it doesn't seem to be affected by my Ewand. Each tick is exactly my range.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

5 STR > 2 ATK? Not unless you have potential gear, or an abundance of ATK gear.

@Locked, same deal.

19. Default Re: ultimate versus normal adventurers

Not sure if you can read but that's 6 all stat 400 HP and 1 attack. You're telling me you'd rather take a 200 hp 2 attack medal over that? Lmao.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Silent Crusade is 1 w/m atk, 5 allstats.

5 stat is usually > 1 atk.