Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

So....

Right now Nunu's Consume currently targets minions and neutral monsters (jungle creeps) only for the longest time ever, and it has been brought up many times by others that Nunu's Consume should also be able to target enemy champions also. Right now Nunu's only damage-dealing capabilities towards enemy champions is his Ice Ball and his Absolute Zero ultimate.

However, while it would be nice if Nunu's Consume was allowed to target champions, I also realized that all aspects of Consume would have to be reworked quite a bit in order to accommodate this additional capability. Some questions that were brought up when I was thinking about this was: Should Nunu be rewarded heavily for having his Yeti walk up to an enemy champion and take a huge bite out of him/her? How should the cooldown of the ability be adjusted accordingly? How much mana cost adjustment should I do to accomodate this additional capability? How can I still keep his jungling capability relatively intact even with giving Nunu this additional capability on his Consume? What could be the possible function(s) that Consume could serve if it were to target enemy champions?

With that said, here is my proposal; feel free to poke at it as much as you want. I'm definitely open for suggestions/comments/improvements!

This is what Nunu's Consume is currently right now:

Active: Nunu's Yeti takes a bite out of target enemy minion or neutral monster, dealing true damage to it and restoring Nunu's health.

Cost: 60 mana
    Range: 125

Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds

True Damage: 400 / 525 / 650 / 775 / 900

Health Restored:
    125 / 180 / 235 / 290 / 345 (+1.0 per ability power)

My Proposal (with Consume gaining the ability to target enemy champions too):

Active: Nunu's Yeti takes a bite out of target enemy minion or neutral monster, dealing true damage to it and restoring a flat amount of health to Nunu. If Nunu’s Yeti takes a bite out of a target enemy champion, he deals a flat amount of magic damage plus 6% of the enemy champion’s missing health as magic damage and restores a flat amount of health plus 20% of the total magic damage he dealt.

Cost: 80 mana
    Range: 125

Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds

True damage (against minions and neutral monsters): 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 / 800

Health restored (flat): 125 / 155 / 190 / 240 / 290 (+1.0 per ability power)

Magic damage (against enemy champions): 90 / 140 / 195 / 245 / 310 (+0.7 per ability power) (+6% of target’s missing health)

My reasoning

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

I dunno, I would like it to be a bit more supporty, since there is the new Nunu bot lane support going around.

Could make it a slow, but Nunu already has a slow.

A "bleed" would steal the AD carry's kills.

Stun would be too OP.

Silence wouldn't make sense (I BITE YOU, AND YOU'RE NOW SILENCED).

Knockup...would be fun actually. Doesn't make TOO much sense (I BITE AND FLING YOU IN THE AIR) but it's...one of the better choices O_o.

If we're focusing on AP jungle/lane Nunu flat true damage to champions also would be nice. It would help a lot with his damage output.

3. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

So now Nunu will become grossly OP in bottom lane?

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Nerfs to other skills, of course =P.

Well I can't really much because I have no experience whatsoever with balancing and making champions.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Giving a champion the capability to deal true damage to enemy champions is a very tricky proposition to work with. In fact, anything regarding true damage has to be tread on very carefully due to its nature.

I thought about what you had to say for some time, and I think you may have a point there. Before I make any wrong assumptions, mind if you can give me clarification?

6. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

Knockup would be the best IMO, they'd have to change the animation a bit though. It would be like a dog shaking a chewtoy and then throwing it once it bites through the flesh. Then eating the flesh. Yum.

7. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

An execution skill really doesn't fit the playstyle of Nunu, though.

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

I say that if he takes a bit of an enemy champ, he doesnt get any Health back. That way he will have to choose between healing or damage.

9. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

i always feel a little bad taking consume first to help my jungler at his buffs and some tweak like this would mitigate that a lot.

just sayin... riot never accelerates any skill levelups. always "constant velocity".

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Would also kill the "support" role.

Admittedly it'll be fun saying FUS DO NOM NOM NOM or something though.

11. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

Fu ros dah not rus do rah.
    You keep doing this.

12. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

jesus flores

13. Default Re: Nunu's Consume - Some Thoughts

Yeah...the skill levelups are very awkward. 30/35/50/50 on the health restored and 50/55/50/65 on the magic damage is extremely odd.

Nunu would have to go through a complete rework for this to be implemented at all, and would completely change the way he's played. I think he's fine as he is right now. People saying that it needs to hit enemy champions as well are just whining about stupid pomegranate.