1. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 8

Awesome episode! Comedy in all the right places, and it seems we're in for a darker ride than the last few doctors. :')

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I wasn't a huge fan of Into The Dalek.

Danny Pink seemed completely shoehorned in, his introduction scene was just like "everything you need to know about this character in 5 minutes, GO!" and the flirting with Clara seemed weird. The school teacher guy said Clara and Danny hadn't met yet, so the only interaction they had was one look at the start of the episode, and yet he's going on about going out with Clara being the "greatest idea ever" and everything like he's had a crush on her for ages? It just seemed weird.
    Also wow Clara, pushy much? jeez.

I find it hard to believe that these soldiers have been fighting Daleks for so long and A: Didn't know there was a living creature inside it and B: lost like 20 men to a single Dalek that they couldn't take down because the plot demanded it.

Also, giving names to these soldiers with no personality to speak of does not make me feel sad when they die, just no. I quite liked the sacrifice that girl made, but I would have liked it more if that wasn't her first big speaking part in the episode, as opposed to Journey Blue, who had no real point in the plot other than leading the Doctor to the Dalek.

The Doctor refusing to take her with him because he "doesn't like Soldiers" is bullpomegranate, he has had many soldier friends in the past and was even a soldier himself for a time. There was no point to this other than to set up an eventual confrontation between him and Danny.

I liked the idea of a Dalek being good, but they laboured the point by saying "it's possible, no it's impossible, ACTUALLY it's possible! Oh wait never mind it isn't" The plot meandered and served no real purpose other than yet again reflecting on the Doctor's dark nature. yawn.

also the premise of shrinking to go inside it.. oh god how boring.

People are praising this episode and I don't see how. It was lazily written, with horrible characters, an incomprehensible plot, no setting to speak of at all, no actual point, painfully awkward and unfunny dialogue.. and just eurgh. I hated it.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Robots of Sherwood was fun, I didn't mind it (though the golden arrow somehow working at the end was beyond silly). that is all I really have to say about that episode.

Listen on the other hand... a fantastic episode, absolutely loved it. I loved the jumping the episode did. from the present to the past, back to the present and then forward to the future and then to the Doctor's past (!!).
    I really liked the theme of the episode and how dark it was, and the ambiguity of whether there was an actual threat or not towards the end of the episode reminded me of the ambiguity surrounding the.. whatever it was in Midnight.

The bit with Clara and Rupert and the bed was super, super freaky. I've seen many horror films and none have creeped me out as much as that scene did. the bed indenting and the thing under the sheets, brr. wait now that I think about it, whatever was in that bedroom was definitely real, the characters saw it.

I'm loving Clara a lot this series, but it's looking very likely this will be her last one, which sucks.