IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

The Christmas Special was pretty lame as a drama and as a standalone episode. But I like how it wrapped up pretty much every lingering plot point from the Matt Smith era.

So while I found it fairly boring to watch, it.. resolved everything, which I suppose leaves a clean slate for the future.

3. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

I feel like this ep missing something important, last 10 minutes made up for the whole hour. Calpadi's debut is so damn pomegranate.

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

That was... well, a mess. pineappleity hi.

5. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

I've been reading a lot of other forums, especially IMDB, and judging from this thread also, I feel very isolated... cause, honestly, I enjoyed the special.

...I suppose I'm sort of biased, though, as Matt Smith is my absolute favourite Doctor. I wasn't a Who fan at all up until a few years ago, when on a whim I decided to watch the finale of David Tennant's run as the Doctor with a relative... as the episode ended and he transformed into Matt Smith's Doctor, I was enamored. I started watching every new episode and quickly became a fan. Inbetween breaks, I'd watch past Who seasons and episodes, and while they were all fun and good, no other Doctor really clicked with me as much as Smith's did.

I'm at peace that Smith's era has come to an end, although I have to be completely honest: I did feel a lot of dem feels in those final moments of the special... ESPECIALLY as the music score escalated magnificently as Amy descended the stairs to say goodbye. Gah... I know a lot of people hated the Ponds, but, like with Smith being my first doctor, they were my first companions and I was attached to them.

Yeah, Moffat isn't exactly the best showrunner by a longshot, and a good number of episodes from the Smith era just completely make a mockery of Smith's talents--cause let's face it, Smith played the Doctor REALLY well; he MADE it his role--but overall, I just can't help but love it all. Here's hoping Capaldi can fill these shoes left behind by Smith.

6. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

Really really enjoyed this special. I honestly don't know why people think it was such a mess. Anyone care to explain? One this is that Capaldi's entrance was...well...*bam* there he is and it left me absolutely no time to enjoy Smith's final moments. I feel hurt...

Also, I have a new quote to live by. Thank you Matt Smith.

7. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

Now we have to wait like... 9 months more???
    The emptiness is beginning :-s
    Started watching DW since revival series, I'm not ready for an old Doctor, and I'm scare.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

So...

Spoiler

I was very disappointed with this episode. I enjoyed Smith's send-off, but that was it. :(

9. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

I think the major issue was Moffat tried to combine a Christmas and regeneration special into one and the two stories didn't really mesh all that well together. That said, I really did enjoy this episode, and Eleven's regeneration is possibly one of the best. It was a great celebration of Matt Smith's era, without becoming too self-serving. The actual regeneration was quick, somewhat violent, and Capaldi's reveal was actually pretty scary. Those eyes...I really hope he's a darker Doctor. Hell, maybe he'll start shooting people again. :)

Also...
    Spoiler

10. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

BabelColour updated his awesome every story of Doctor Who vid:

11. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

First image of the Doctor's new costume:

Needs a silk top hat and cane.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

How was I ninja'd on a thread that hasn't had a post in over 2 weeks. Damn you @Jedward!

Anyway, I really like it. It's very "Doctor" but it's also rather normal at the same time, it isn't outlandish or purposefully weird, it's just slick and fashionable and badass. It totally suits Capaldi too.

13. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

I wonder if Capaldi's pose was meant to look similar to Pertwee's or if it was just a coincidence.

14. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

It's good, no more accessories and very classic. (Yesss, get rid of "something is cool")
    That's pose remind me similar to another film, might find it.

15. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

So, maybe a bit out of context, but I started watching Doctor Who last week and I think it's awesome. I just watched the episode 8 of season 1 when rose saves her dad and these weird alien flies invade and I need some help from a Doctor Who expert. In every episode, the doctor and Rose changed something major in the earth's history, but nothing happened. Why does saving Rose's father breaks time, when all the other people they saved and the bad guys they defeated didn't do anything to the flow of time?

16. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 7

Because the concept of "fixed points in time" only matters when the episode needs drama. :p To be fair though, Rose saving her father would affect her own personal timeline and probably cause a major paradox: if he never dies then she wouldn't need to save him in the first place, and then he'd end up getting killed since she wasn't there to save him.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Easy answer: It's time travel, so don't think too hard about it.

Long answer: Rose's father is one of those events that's not meant to be changed at all because it already happened and is meant to be. By saving her father, it causes a time paradox. The villains are usually not immune to this because usually they are yet to be killed/defeated. If they were already dead then you can't say save them. When they are alive, anything can happen more or less. Of course these time rules aren't super strict, because time travel in itself is already breaking so many rules and is a giant headache on it's own. There WILL be events in Doctor Who where the Doctor is shown to break his own rules of time travel, but it's usually for extreme reasons or purposes. Hint: It usually involves his companion being in mortal danger.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 8

Series 8 trailer! eeeeeee!

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 8

Bumping because Series 8 has officially begun!

Hilarious interactions, lesbian lizards, creepy ass villains! A damn good episode if I do say so.
    I loved every single interaction between Clara and the victorian group, the dialogue in this episode was amazing, and it was awesome to just have some downtime to explore these characters more, especially Clara who needs a new angle in her character now that the "Impossible Girl" thing is over. Her being a control freak and throwing tantrums is actually pretty hilarious, and GOD, she is so competent yet so.. human. her crying during her standoff was really interesting.
    Vastra too was the highlight of the episode, it was so funny seeing her lusting after Clara "Oh Clara, do come in, you can leave your clothes over there" and Jenny scolding her for it.
    Also that posing scene haha.

I was going to post a GIF of it, but I think Jenny would be breaking the obscenity rules :P

The villains were pretty creepy and I loved the callback to their first appearance (David Tennants era, the one with the clockwork people stalking that girl all her life)

I was so caught up in the interactions between Clara and the others that all the scenes featuring the Doctor felt lame in comparison, until the end that is, where the Doctor really caught my attention, I'm loving the new one already.

20. Default Re: Doctor Who - Series 8

I'm loving Peter Capaldi's Doctor. It is only his post-regeneration story but this darker and somewhat scarier Doctor is just what I needed.