Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

1. Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I recall having this happen a few times in the morning when I have time; that is to say, I've already woken up, but I want to continue the "adventure". Being unemployed allows a bit more time for this. But to be honest, I've never "trained" or tried to do this intentionally. I suppose the one situation that I generally have full control over is when bugs start popping up in the dreams. I always know to wake up at that point.

Though to be honest, I like my dreams as is. I've had great level design and creative areas within my dreams, one in particular that stays in memory was this clock-tower that I was on an elevator that went both up and down and sideways all around the perimeter of the place, with an outstanding night-scape view. That, and I predicted the exact layout and appearance of Goggle's home in Banjo-Kazooie about 3 years before it was released. And I think I had some of the 3D minecart rides from DK 64 in my head shortly before it was released without seeing footage too.

Plenty of flying dreams too at the point where I feel that I know the origin point of the lift for proper gliding on my body by feel. This also coming from someone who's never taken mind-altering substances in his life asides from prescribed purposes.

On a recent note, when I've been getting tired at night lately just before going to bed, the instant I close my eyes I've been getting bizarre images in my head that I seem to have no control over just spazing from one to the next. This is well before I've fallen asleep since I open my eyes again and they are gone, but close them once more and they come back. Sometimes they are interesting and something I might want to recreate somehow, and others... it's just... ahh god why did I think that! Not sure where on the lines of exhaustion and dreams that falls since I've honestly done little to no research on it. Working on chemical balance at the moment though, so it could just be that I'm a mite crazy.

2. Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I remember quite a few times that it has happened to me on accident. Instead of flying though I liked to jump in the air and then jump again, and if i hit like a ceiling or something i could stay there and then push myself in a different direction. It was quite the enjoyable experience

3. Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

I like to think I have full control of my dreams. I have a very vibrant imagination, I just imagine whatever I would like to be in. I prefer DBZ mechanic dreams, the problem is, I can't do damage. I have yet to control my concious to deal pain, I can beat someone to the brink of death yet it never shows an effect such as a rag doll.

But you can't always control your last thought's when you're asleep and the randomization is definitely fun to toy with. Zombie dreams are my greatest fear because they are reoccuring and no matter what I lose. I have taken every option in my house, even pre-prepared for it as events reoccured, such as the epidemic actually started. I seem to always fail.

I also have some weird awareness of time that passes. I can subconciously wake myself up in 15 minute intervals, and keep a concious idea for about an hour. After that I can't retain my conciousness and get emersed. It's funny because when I take naps at work during my breaks just to rejuvinate myself, they always are in shock how I manage to wake up 1-2 minutes within my break ending.

Or maybe this is all normal and I'm not special, it's not something I really talk about none the less for that fear lol