Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

I'm not entirely sure why they shelved Magma Chamber. However, for the other two maps (Twisted Treeline, Dominion), they suffer from imbalances largely due to how the champions interact with each other. There's been a couple of cases where champions got nerfed because they were pretty OP in other modes, and for the most part, was viewed as unfair to those that are SR fanboys (me included, even though I was unaffected).

There's also the problem of splitting up the pool of players waiting for a match, but I think Riot can afford this =P For usability though, they'll want to tweak their matchmaking witchcraftery so that people can opt to get matched up for multiple modes instead of queuing up for one mode at a time.

Pause function exists in tournament realm currently, but I don't know if they have plans for introducing it to the public at large. Imo, it's probably not the best idea, since the target audience is a lot broader than the other MOBAs, and some people might abuse pausing so that someone who "needs to go to work soon" will have to forfeit the game. Who knows though, I hope I'm wrong.

As for the meta, Riot has been trying to break it up for a while now, with not much luck. They have the same sentiment as you do, as well as the desire to keep things varied and fresh (replayability).

Pendragon stated that they would not do this. He claims that people would become more "adversarial" and it would cause a more negative experience. Think about Xbox Live. On the other hand, if you're in a situation where negative shyttalking wouldn't happen, you're probably playing in a premade anyways, and you already have your VOIP set up.

Replay system is apparently coming after spectator mode is solid and stable. Given that they developed their engine from scratch, that could be a while =/ I don't know if they have any plans with the LoL Replay people or not, it's not my place to say.

I agree with the skin preview. They're getting to the point where a single picture just doesn't do them justice, and you really want to know exactly what bells and whistles you're getting before you shell out RP. An infamous example of a spectacular failure is Red Baron Corki.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

An "Ultimate Countdown Timer" for your team would be nice.

3. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

I'd like to see a better way to track assists. Like say you bait a few of the enemies into dying but you don't do damage to all of them. Or say you commit suicide to pick up multiple kills on the enemies and it doesn't really show your participation in the kills. Or even with wards or something, if someone passed by a ward that you placed and someone got a kill for it.

4. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

I don't know. A pause function has worked in WC3 and in DotA2, you get a cooldown on pausing and enemies can unpause after a set amount of time and you have capped amount of pauses you can use. Over the course of probably 2500+ games of DotA, i have yet to see it be abused.

And honestly, another thing i want: New control.
    I want to be able to select units that i have control over and manage them individually, using alt and then moving them around is such a bother for me when i'm used to microing multiple units at once in both SC2 and DotA. I guess that's just me, but i feel that the control of for example shaco's ult is extremely clunky. But that might just be me.

And i want the ability to select my allies and see what they skilled and what their cooldowns are.

5. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

This so hard. The capability is there; you can do it in spectator mode, but why not in normal games? I would LOVE to see that.

6. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

The green dot on allies portraits shows if ults are c/d or not.

My suggestion: Adjustable UI, as in I want to be able to move things where I'd like them including team portraits and such.

7. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

PLEASE. ;-;

Also, I just learnt that the green dot thing means the person's ulti is up. The more I know. Σヾ(゚Д゚)ノ

8. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Did not know this. No more pestering Karthus now!

9. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Straight Male
    IGN: Namalamadingdong
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Break The Meta
    Connecticut

That's what the green dots next to their portrait on the left hand side are for.

10. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Knowing when an ultimate is up =/= Countdown timer.
    It could be down for 5 more seconds or 1 minute, you can't see that and you'd have to ask to find out.

11. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Straight Male
    Connecticut

Or you could have awareness of the dots, and a general isea about how long CD on ults are for the champions that you're playing with, but I get what you're saying.

I think best solution for this would have the dots have a clock like CD shown like every other skill.

12. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Straight Male
    Connecticut

Or you could have awareness of the dots, and a general isea about how long CD on ults are for the champions that you're playing with, but I get what you're saying.

I think best solution for this would have the dots have a clock like CD shown like every other skill.

13. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

I think that's actually impossible without reworking the way the client works.

14. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Some kind of system to balance the game against leavers? It couldn't be something simple like buffing everyone on the smaller team, because that would make 1v1 scenarios unfair. Maybe a passive buff to the smaller team's creeps? I don't think that would be enough, though, given how quickly a single player can clear waves. Buffing towers wouldn't work because of balance issues if the missing player returned. Bots would cause a "6v4" situation due to the AI making poor decisions and being exploitable.

Maybe a passive stat buff when multiple players are near each other and the enemy are nearby? That's the best solution I can think of.

15. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Another thing i'd like to see: High risk, high skill, high reward champion.
    Something like a shadow fiend, for anybody that has played DotA.

16. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

So...a pubstomper?

17. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

I see you haven't played Fizz: snowballs hard if you succeed early on, fails spectacularly if you don't.

Shadow Fiend also looks like he plays like AD Kennen with SotO and/or BT.

18. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Not quite.
    High risk - Easy to stop, easy to gank, incredibly easy to knock out of course.
    High skill - A bad player will be meh but a good player can play him 10 times more effecient.
    High reward - If nothing goes wrong and you play flawlessly/Your enemies don't abuse the weaknesses you have, you will be a giant threat.

A hero where how you use the skills is what he is all about, you are rewarded massively for being good.

I have played fizz.
    Shadow fiend and fizz are nothing alike and fizz is no where near the same kind of risk vs reward that a shadow fiend is.
    A bad start for a shadow fiend is crippling, and it's a lot harder to have that good start with him due to certain items in DotA.
    The best shadow fiend player in the world quit DotA competitively for quite a bit after a certain item was introduced that simply made shadow fiend a lot worse in competitive games and made it way too easy to stop his good early game.

I guess Invoker is a good example of high skill - high reward whilst lacking the high risk, which i don't like personally.

And SF has nothing like a kennen does :p

Just to make it clear: I don't want LoL to become just like DotA, i enjoy both games for their differences, i just miss some things.

19. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

Shadow Fiend looks like the hero Nasus was originally based off of, so we probably won't see that considering beta Nasus doesn't exist.

20. Default Re: What do you want to see in LoL?

You must've misunderstood, i don't want a shadow fiend.
    I want a high risk, high reward, high skillcap champion :P

A shadow fiend who doesn't know everything there is to know about razes isn't scary at all and will be shut down regardless of how good he normally is as at playing semi-carries.
    That's the kind of champion i want. If you don't know how to use it to the fullest extent, you wont be able to play it at a niveau that is going to be useful.

But i suppose that would be deemed anti-fun. Morello doesn't like invoker, after all.