Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default New Forum To Ignore...

Counterpart to Maple Q&A, the questions I absolutely hate the most, "Should I...".

Tangent

But since people insist on asking them and we really have no clear cut place to put them, or categorically ignore them since you will never have anything nice to say in there, now we do.

<3

2. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

I approve.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

harsh.

but i don't see those two that bad, they should have added more info in the OP, but that's about it no? not like they're "should i play paladin or hero" threads, which are completely based in opinion

guess i see them kinda gray.

4. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

Coming from seeing a vast number of "___ build please" threads on DFOS, I completely see where Eos is coming from on this one. "Should I" and "How should I" questions tend to be vaguely written with little supporting information. They result in highly subjective answers, and inevitably the OP comes back later unsatisfied with whatever option was recommended to them and blames this on whoever replied.

5. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

That would be the point of this this subforum, yes.
    Because some of us are really really burned out on people asking those sort of questions and they tend to shove them in the most inappropriate places, which means the people looking at them already have a tweak about it not being in the right place. This way it has a nice little containment cell and people who don't want to read them may blessedly not do so and the ones that crop up in every other subforum have a quick easy solution to bury.

@ShinkuDragon The two in there at the moment aren't meant to be examples of the worst. They're just ones that qualify and were recent.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

true, which is pretty much where my problem is i guess.

the way they are worded just isn't right, if they had been something like:

title: what's better damage
    topic:
    gonna be bossing, i have XX passive crit, weapon is X stat with X crit, my class is Y and Z attack has Z extra crit, would cubing to S stats provide a better damage?

then they wouldn't have been sent there.

anyways, i just roll the new posts button anyways, but i'll be sure to ignore anything i don't care about like i always do.
    @above: yea, figured, i've seen much worse already

7. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

I, for one, support the should I overlords.

But seriously, that's why MapleAdditions is the best thing since chinchillas. This one surpasses even that.

8. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

Ah yes, another one I seldom read because it's either an abomination that should never have seen the light of day /* one more naruto class and I would've gutted someone */ or the rare something wonderful that will only piss me off because Nexon will never do it.

9. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

It's main purpose was to stop this from happening:

> Pirate revamp on the horizon
    > New thread in Maplestory Discussion - "pirate revamp!"
    > "So wat do u guiz think will be in da pirate revampe. here's what i would want it 2 be."

Those kinds of threads piss me off to no end.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

funnily enough, nexon seems to have liked my idea of link skills for everyone, considering after that the "deck" system came out

@above: don't forget the massive rage-fest after what they all planned and loved turns out to NOT be what they'll be getting

11. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

TESTONEN LIVES!

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

oh boy, that one in specific is a huge bomb i'm waiting for,i expect massive QQ once it blows up.
    not to mention the QQ it already causes (and with good reason) for being the only hero left and nexon deciding to go make what may possibly end up being 5 new classes first.

13. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

Yep

14. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

It's a boy, congrats! Brb asking ask those questions I've been dying to ask.

15. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

Neat.

Also In regards to the Hurr Pirate hero: Hawkeye is totally both the Cygnus Pirate and the Pirate Hero, because nexon is lazy.

16. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

My Eos, you sure do seem to be in the sub-forum creating mood.

17. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

Next we'll see a pony forum, lol no.

He's also reordering and renaming some forums.

18. Default Re: New Forum To Ignore...

It's called Spring Cleaning.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I feel "Should I" threads actually help if one is new to the game. I agree the jerks who toss back the person's advice shouldn't make such threads in the first place, but sometimes at least being given a certain direction to walk towards can help a ton. I mean seriously, one proper "Should I" question could save me a lot of headaches down the road. If I asked "Should I make a Mage or a Warrior/Thief/Bowman if I want to play a class for bossing?", I could at least narrow my choices to the latter 3 and have picked a more reasonable class befitting my choice, instead of THINKING a Mage is the best for bossing (due to skewed views on the Mage based on previous RPG games) and x levels later I regret my choice because I'm a greenhorn. Not the best example due to the latest Mage revamps and potential, but you get the idea.