View Poll Results: Did you enjoy it?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Read the books, Watched it and didn't enjoy it.

1 9.09%
  • Read the books, Watched it and enjoyed it.

6 54.55%
  • Didn't read the books, Watched it and didn't enjoy it.

1 9.09%
  • Didn't read the books, Watched it and enjoyed it.

3 27.27%
  • Not interested in watching it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Movies] The Hunger Games

1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default The Hunger Games

I recently picked up this book for my birthday, and i finished it yesterday. Such a fantastic read, and i was inticed even more after realizing that the awesome premise for the book is being turned into a film, which is being released in March as the first part of a trilogy.

The plot goes like this:
    In a dystopian future, every year children aged from 12 to 18 are chosen to participate in the Hunger Games, a live televised "game show" of sorts, where the 24 tributes (12 boys and 12 girls, one from each of the 12 districts) are made to fight it out to the death and survive in an arena filled with an expansive wilderness and mutated creatures left over from a war hundreds of years before. 24 enter and only one is allowed to survive.

Like i said, the book was awesome, and i can't wait for the other 2 parts of the trilogy to be delivered.
    Here's the trailer for the film:

I'm excited!

2. Default Re: The Hunger Games

I can't wait for this! When reading the book I was always thinking of how great of a movie it would do.

3. Default Re: The Hunger Games

THE MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK
    IT ALWAYS DOES WITH THESE TYPES OF THING

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: The Hunger Games

About halfway through the book. So excited to finish it and see the film. :3

WHY SO PESSIMISTIC?

5. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Honestly the book would translate well into a movie based on how the plot unfolded. It was almost as if it was made to become a movie IMO.

6. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

If y'all haven't seen it, the story continues with Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The movie should be interesting so long as not too much is censored or changed for the ability to target a wider audience.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

That's my worry, I know for a fact that /* Rue's */ death is a very important one, but i really doubt they'd show it like how it is described in the book, judging from the trailer it looks like there is another /* little girl too with curly blonde hair */ , no idea who that is supposed to be, but i really doubt they'd show that.

On the other hand though, we might get to see the epic fight between /* Cato and Thresh */ which apparently lasted a full 2 days in the book, but which we never got to see

8. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Or hear of in fact, we don't even know if Cato killed Thresh or the mutts .
    Anyway super excited loved the book and my whole English class is gonna go watch it . Also I'm with JP on this one if they super censor it.

9. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

Let the games begin (10 minutes ago...)! Seeing it myself tomorrow morning.

10. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Good chance I'll be seeing this on Saturday.

After seeing Ghost Rider 2 and Paranormal Activity 3, I'm in need of a good movie. I hope it's this one!

11. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Swear to god if one more person posts on facebook about how they're such a huge fan when they read it two weeks ago...

Want to see the movie but I'm pretty sure everyone here went to the midnight release. Way too much hype here.

12. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Words can't contain my disappointment

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Odd, I was hearing from a friend that he liked the movie better than the book.

14. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Le friend of mine on another mapleforum was going to make this as a comic project.
    Then I saw a german ad from the move at youtube.
    Daymn, chances are high I'ma get the books and watch the movies. Simply the concept is awesome.

15. In my dreams... Gay Male
    California

Eh, kinda disappointed too. :/

16. Default Re: The Hunger Games

I read Battle Royale a few months ago and I've heard good things about the book. Trying to get an online copy so I can read it :(

I like the idea behind the plot though. It's really interesting compared to the other stuffs we have around these days for the "Harry Potter" target audience.

17. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Can you guys be more specific about why you're disappointed?

IMO, there were some details that didn't go exactly like the book, but if I overlook those, then I approve the movie. I really liked the way that Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson portrayed Katniss and Peeta, and I liked how the used Caesar to explain what was going on. Also Lenny Kravitz did a better Cinna than expected.

No, I did not like the bread scene, or how they changed where the mockingjay pin came from, but overall I liked the film. Maybe I had lower expectations than the rest of you.

18. Default Re: The Hunger Games

Everything about the movie was bad. If you saw the movie without reading the book would it make sense to you at all? No.

19. Default Re: The Hunger Games

My mom saw it without reading the book and she got it, she said the ending was kind of weird but of course there's 2 movies missing.

20. Default Re: The Hunger Games

THERE WAS NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. IF YOU CAN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU'RE AN IDIOT