1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

Well if you have enough stats to facilitate 90%+ miss rate like those crazy koreans do in their boss runs i would think that is way better than taking the damage since you don't move either way.

2. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

I kinda feel like 100% stance is better cause it actually changes the game for you (no super-kb, etc.). Higher miss rate doesn't change things, just makes them less frequent.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Done Koreans seemingly have 100% miss rate. I'd say that's far better than 100% stance, because you don't actually get affected at all.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

miss>stance, simply because you don't get hit, if they both get potion locked, who has best chances of survival, the guy tha dodges the attack, or the guy that gets hit in the face, but doesn't move.

5. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

How much luk do you think would be necessary to be equilavent to that effect. I have someone trying to tell me thiefs don't deserve stance because the fake+avoid is equilavent/better than stance. That statement is true, to an extreme, I want to find out how feasible it is.

6. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

As far as I know avd is capped at 9999 like acc (which is enough for 49% miss rate), I don't know off hand what the avoid formula is but I've definitely seen characters at the cap. It's something like .8*dex + 1.2*luk + .3*str + x*int. So maybe 7500 luk.

Unless there are skills that buff it up, anyway. % avd equips would help too.

7. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

49% miss rate plus 45% Shadow Sifter proc is roughly equal to a 94% chance to not be hit, then. 47% with CO, so 96% at maximum. Not 100% rate, but pretty close.
    Unless, of course, Fake/Shadow Sifter procs before the miss chance is taken into account, in which case it would be more like 72% without CO, 73% with CO.
    Some authority on this would be appreciated.
    Also, @, with avoid you have a much smaller chance of being affected by potion lock, seduce, or something bad like that.
    If Fake is taken into account after miss/hit, then it is far superior. If it isn't, then they're about equal IMO.

8. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

They don't stack on each other. It also doesn't affect abnormal status'. I just affects you being hit by an attack, like a 1/1 attack, or PB's big bang, to name. Anything that isn't flagged as an actual attack does something to you. Such as seduce, joystick lock, DR, and AoE poison to name.
    As far as I know and special affect dodges, such as Shifter or guardian..you don't get hurt but any affect the attack has will affect you under normal abnormal status resistance rules. Misses and guards(at least paladin guards, I don't know anything else but I'm going by similarities) resist something like zakum's pole stun or pink beans musical note seduce.
    Either way post pirate revamp seems like they really messed around with avoidablility, seeing as KMS' 100% missing rate for strong thieves seems impossible in GMS.
    Last edited by Bomber; 2012-04-02 at 05:59 PM. Reason: I add new stuff on too much.

9. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

Oh, so it is the 72% chance?
    Damn.

10. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

@Stereo: Evan's Onyx Shroud is one that I can think of, +20% avoid.

@Raul: Fake procs before miss chance, but doesn't block status effects like stun or dispel. Not sure on seduce, though.

11. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

Guys don't forget about Shield Mastery's +20% Avoid-Rate.
    This means that the 49% talked about earlier will be about 59%.

12. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

Avoid rate implies, at least in my mind, +20% to the 49% making it 69% instead.
    I forget how I was calculating it but I think that would make it close to 100% with CO.

13. Default Re: 100% stance vs avoid+fake on any theif

I am fairly certain that it's not additive.