Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

The 2nd condition is insane. Delete all players' data and have them restart?

2. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

When you think that most of the mesos must come from botters, items from duppers and levels from hacking, it makes sense. just like GMS

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Was ThMS that bad? o_O

4. Mercury Male
    IGN: Knight52
    Server: Earth
    Level: 534
    Job: Thread Breaker
    Guild: I'm bored of
    Alliance: political sh'it
    thailand

I guess it's about Thai unicode. I think later patch no longer supports Thai unicode. That means they have to reset entire database to get rid of name and items with the unicode.

Not really, almost every botters left the game when exp formulas changed, along with like 60% of the players. Except channel 1, channel's occupation never reached 20% after that.

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Well not really. I'm a Chinese myself, from Malaysia where most Chinese know both Mandarin and Cantonese so I know a lot of writing in Cantonese could not be understood by those who learnt only Mandarin.

For example, 唔该 would mean thank you and it has no meaning in Mandarin and sounds like "it serves you right(活该)" in Mandarin.

Okay, this is going off, asked that because I don't know they have two servers, or Maybe they have one like MSEA, which most MY players join the SG gateway.

Okay, a game is pretty much dead when "almost every botter" left the game especially for a game like MS.

6. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Maybe Nexon Korea wants to cut down on localization costs?

7. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

You mean the costs that they'd be charging the franchises professional services fees for, that would then be considered 'profit' for them?

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Cash7 Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

It has been my long time dream that eMS would close Maybe gMS would actually consider 2x event cards and other improvements on service for europeans.

Then again, gMS is in ruins too. And actually... whole MS is on its last years until Nexon changes things. They aren't adding enough new stuff. They keep releasing new unoriginal classes and revamps, because they don't have any more ideas.

9. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Hell, they could release a mercedez with 6 arms 8 times over, they simply need to stop focusing on how to make players gain damage to offset the duped weapon attack gear and focus on actual content and restoration.

10. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

I have to agree with you here. However if for every revamp and for every class NEXON did they added a new area that increases story line with a new boss(even if the boss wasn't zomg black mage levels of power or even important to the main story) then the game could be much larger. I can think of about 10 new areas they can make off the top of my head with ease. Not all areas have to be omg 180+. But something above 100-120 or even 150 is plenty.

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

problem is that rather than EXPANDING the game, they've been shrinking it, look at victoria island now, the little number they did with NLC, the planes to travel. they're making the game too nub-friendly, i can bet half of the new players don't even know where faust is, let alone what it is.

12. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

But that content somehow relates to some type of damage increase lately. They need to focus on content that benefits everyone without the use of NX. Let alone a new class. Things like the beginning of ludibrium, that world was vibrant, plenty of quests and an interactive PQ. What we get for NLC, the most awaited contented ever? F`ucking triangles.

13. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Dialects don't discount the majority of the Mandarin characters or their meanings (note: not saying one is above the other). The words that are meaningless or are interpreted wrongly simply "evolved" over time. This is true for writing, but in speech... hur hur... it's like... chickens talking to ducks =P

Hadriel

14. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Those professional services might not be cost effective enough to warrant releasing a game to a single region, let alone updates and patches. On Nexon Korea's part, I don't think alienating potential investors with an exorbitant localization fee on top of the franchise fee is what they would want which is why I think they would want the "English only" condition.

It's either quality assurance, cost effectiveness, or just code incompatibility as another person mentioned... otherwise I have no idea why they would want the "English only" condition.

15. Default Re: [ThMS] Shutting down

Here's the thing: Who used ANY of those Victoria maps? 99% of them were oversized with a small spawn and the SAME spawn as 10 other maps. Very few Victoria maps were useful. The cut down size of Victoria makes perfect sense in a gameplay standpoint. Who needs 50 maps of Lv.1-30 monsters, especially when 45 of them are garbage and not even worth contemplating training on?

NLC I have to agree with, even though I never really went there, all reports say the cut down on that area is awful.

The Planes to travel....how did sitting on a boat for 10+ minutes doing NOTHING increase the size of the game? How did it remotely contribute to the game at all? It didn't. In no way did the boat system contribute to the game. It was just a waste of time, and a reason to avoid playing, because when you needed to go somewhere you had to waste half an hour getting there when every other game has some sort of quick transportation system. It was a turn off to playing at all. It still is, but at least the travel time is cut down to about half.

Expanding the game means some new areas for 4th job. We have beyond enough 1-120 areas. Even if you decide that you don't want to train in the "designated 1337 training areas," there's plenty of areas to train before you hit 4th job. The problem is, once you do...you've got nothing. Between 120-160, if you're playing GMS you have LHC. If you're not, you have almost nothing. 140-160 has ToT, but the quests are so spread out that it's mostly grinding still. MapleStory needs to expand not only on more training areas, but quests.

The Future Questline is great, and it gives you something to do. This is a concept that has been built with newer games, and has not been adapted into MapleStory, but it needs to. Quest systems keep you engaged, something that's hard to do in 4th job. Giving players an objective is something that's very important to keeping them playing, and MapleStory doesn't do it. It needs to. Sure, they could add more quests to current areas, but it would feel tacked on. They need to build new content, and with new content they need to add quests to keep you playing. Otherwise, what would be so special about Lv.120 Mob A compared to Lv.120 Mob B? Drops? Oh boy, we all know how special those are at this point.

One of the recent games I've taken up is EverPlanet. It feels polished, and one of the main reasons for that is because there is always something to do. I always have a bunch of quests to go around and do stuff. It makes the game fun. They're unique, and it makes things different. It's not all about going up to mobs and pressing a couple of buttons and watching them die. They have all kinds of quests in that game, some that have nothing to do with killing monsters at all. It keeps me engaged, and it keeps the game fresh. There's always a unique, weird, new quest around the corner. MapleStory needs to adapt something similar, because let's face it...grinding 120-200 is just so damn boring, that's why people make so many characters. That's probably why the Koreans like new classes so much, because new content is interesting for 15 seconds, and then it ends up being the same thing all other content is, new places to grind. That needs to change.

Sorry, off topic rant. Apologies.

16. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

...it's a dragon, right?

17. Default Re: ThMS is shutting down

Well relax, GMS won't be closing anytime soon~
    No chance of it being closed down randomly
    unless Doomsday arrived

But then, MapleSEA and EMS do have the risks of being closed down right now
    as if they screwed up any patches now...
    like it would be a serious screw up and self tight-slaps for themselves if they ever raised the costs of Legend coins for Legend Festivals
    Really ! WE ARE EFFICIENT, DOESN'T MEAN THAT WE ARE GOING TO GET 2000 COINS FOR AN ITEM !

MapleSEA will be given a headshot anytime soon if they continue with that kind of misconception and screw up more events and more contents, more server crashes and more botters
    I am pretty sure of it.
    We, the players of Southeast Asia, to be rather ridiculously miraculous, are more tolerating then the players in the Western countries that even the developers screw up contents, we will still play it and pay lots of @cash

(That's what I remembered one of the Southperrians said when something really bad happened to MapleSEA, i kinda forgot what it was since it was just a mere scan that time)

But please, every tolerance has its limits, stop it unless you want to lose more incomes