1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Came upon this thread when I visited the GD tonight...

I was a bit skeptical about his story at first (99.9% of bans are usually spot on, a la Pendragon). So I read the whole thing.....

....the OP might be speaking the truth (in this thread, a different player brings forth allegations that this same Riot employee in question was committing the same offenses directed towards him). If both of the allegations were true, this could be very damaging for the employee involved (and Riot too on the PR side, if they don't get this under control ASAP)

While this event is subject to further investigation in the name of truth (and I'm only partially believing this story, for the record; I don't want to come to an early conclusion about the events mentioned just yet)...comments/thoughts?

All I can say is...if everything is found to be correct and true, the person that is accused is going to be in EXTREMELY hot water over this. Getting fired is almost a 100% guarantee for these "abuse of power" cases, and it has been done before in previous, similar cases.

However do note....

Edit: As of 3/27, 10:03 PM PST, Riot has opened an internal investigation into these allegations

Edit2: As of 3/28 12:12 PM PST, the accused employee in question has been fired for his actions
    Last edited by WillDaSnail; 2012-03-28 at 03:46 PM.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Yeah, I saw that, ha ha.

Google searched "a werewolf" though. Nothing came up besides threads like those.

3. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Wouldn't that act, despite it being unethical if the details were indeed true, still allowed according to the Terms of Use of the game?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Nope. "Abuse of power" is not covered under the Terms of Use because "abuse of power" flouts the ToU. In fact, "abuse of power" is taken very, very seriously because of its dangerous nature and wide-reaching ramifications

5. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

the terms of use are there to protect riot from liability, not to be abused by riot. it wouldnt be allowed, because any reasonable rioter would rather have the case go through the proper channels... ie the tribunal.

6. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Technically true, but Riot has a (great) reputation to uphold, and it is good business sense to keep that reputation that the players love.

This alleged Riot employee isn't acting in the spirit that the company wants. The last time something like this happened, it was highly publicized and the guy was terminated really really fast. Riot went into damage control mode for a while.

EDIT: Actually it happened over the weekend. In terms of office hours spent, it was really really fast, but the wrong wasn't righted until after a day or two. Their office hours start at 10 am, and Pendragon posted the official announcement that he was terminated by 10:09 am. Given what I know about their people though, many head to the office early mostly out of motivation.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Just in: Riot is investigating the allegations!

Looks like they're being sincere about it as well as going into damage control mode if necessary (Tamat is being sincere in his letter and even signing off his letter with his real + forum name)

8. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Although I do empathize, and I can understand how a werecat is at fault, I don't think the manner in which the OP carried about their complaint was...appropriate. The general incomprehensibility of the post as well as the semi-butthurt nature was a bit childish.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Here's what I have to say about your comment....(and arguably be a Devil's Advocate to your argument)

When Riot employees play with other players, they're representing Riot in its entirety and they are expected to uphold the values that Riot cherishes dearly. Rioters intentionally hurting other players' experiences is something that is not taken VERY lightly. Its traumatizing. It reflects onto the affected player(s) that Rioters don't care other players and be dicks towards the community itself. The negative behavior that Rioters exhibit - as seen in this case - will affect Riot's overall reputation. And if that problem isn't taken care of in a reasonable manner, that translates to a massive PR disaster and will no undoubtedly affect LoL in many ways.

While going through the support channels might have been the civil way to do it (as you argued), if you were dramatically affected by a Rioter completely trashing you to the extreme AND ban you for no utter reason other than retaliating against you, how would you feel? Would you want to quit the game, never play again, and think that LoL doesn't give a **** about its players??

Instead, would you want to let everyone else in the community get a heads up about a certain Rioter's horrific behavior so they are aware of this, and also get Riot's attention to take care of this issue ASAP and if needed, terminate the employees involved who represent the company in a bad light? And Riot shows that they do care about the quality of game experience their players enjoy and will not tolerate any of their employees pulling this **** on their players?

I would.

tl;dr - its all about preserving Riot's overall reputation

10. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

The post could hardly be considered one of the english language and the whole "Riot employees are dumb I quit, I spend money on this game screw you all" thing is pretty childish, no matter how you justify it. If you're going to bring up the misconduct of a Riot employee while simultaneously trying to argue your ban you should at least do it with some dignity. Blatantly going "this game sucks I'm quitting" is making some unnecessary dramatic fuss which isn't inherently mature.

11. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

why the pineapple would you expect dignity and maturity out of gd????

thats the exception, not the norm.

12. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

I don't browse LoL forums at all. But if this were any other area, real life or otherwise, that is what I would expect from a situation like this.

13. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

well then, the community's vocalizations in game are not so different from the forums.

and you know how often you get idiots who cant type and ragers in game.

14. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

As a paying customer, who gets treated like this, I can fully understand his attitude. Customers are king, not dirt. He is certainly not the one that should grow up in this case. He shouldn't be expected to be mature anyway, because this game is also designed for kids.

Edit: After rereading his post, I really can't see where you're coming from. He's a saint compared to people you encounter normally in game, who you have done nothing against yet.

15. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

Work at any restaurant for 2 days and tell me if your opinion changes.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

> A wild Pendragon appears!
    > Uses the banhamme...I mean, termination powers!
    > ???
    > It's super effective!

17. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

I continue to fail to see how being "more tolerable than others" makes it okay.

18. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

I meant that they have to be treated like kings if the employees value their jobs. Same principle holds up here.

It's a bit idealistic to say that the average gamer should have great manners. I view gaming as a way to unwind and not having to uphold up the daily standards that you've to hold up in everyday life. Not saying that being a jerk is okay, just saying that a feeling of anomymity brings out the worst in people.

note to self: learn to multi-quote

19. Default Re: Questionable actions by a (possible) Riot employee?

I'm finding it funny that it happened to L2P and Fanatiq in particular; these guys are pretty well known in the fighting game community. And on stream? Jeez I wish I'd been watching. I haven't seen the replay but I'm glad Riot took this case seriously.

Sounds like a lot of posts here on Southperry, TBH. Just replace Riot with Nexon.