Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

Get rid of LHC.
    Nobody does PQ's, they prefer to grind the hell out of LHC even if they rot in boredom.

Better rewards from quest.

Also PQ's should follow CWKPQ, you NEED all the classes to complete the PQ, I remember when the PQ's needed this. When in LudiPQ you needed at least 1 thief,1 mage and 1 archer. This encourage people to meet other and actually INTERACT with them in order to get a fully functional party.

And more content/part time jobs.

2. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

I have to disagree with this. I think the majority of the thief population would agree with me when I say that once you've played a class with a real movement skill, you can never go back. It makes sense purely from a business perspective not to alienate a large portion of the maple population by making lots of slow classes.

3. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

No please.

Unless they plan on merging a whole bunch of servers, PQing on some servers is already impossible without this restriction, there just aren't enough people around to do the PQs. Putting class restrictions on PQs would make this even more of a problem. At least now you can snag any random person who's willing to join, regardless of their class.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Giving every class some variation of FJ was the stupidest thing since giving new classes 100% stance at first job. It makes absolutely no sense from a balancing point of view (the point of a class system is that different classes have they have different strengths and weaknesses, after all) - but Nexon should not go backwards (except with damage and F'UCKING STANCE ಠ_ಠ). They just shouldn't have done it in the first place

5. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

Chances of Nexon listening to players are... 0

They would be like, "Oh look, it's this thread again, let me see what kind of BRILLIANT ideas from the players"
    And they would be mumbling, "No.. Reject... That's a turn off.... That's stupid... Next..."

Apologies if you feel offended
    I meant no offence

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Change Expeditions so you can move offline people from party to party.
    Add an Alliance BBS.
    Alliance member level-ups generate notices just like guild/family member level-ups.
    Make FJ skills effective underwater.

Good companies listen to customer feedback. Satisfied player base equates to more money. It's just up to Nexon if they want to be smart.

7. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

oh my. I think a pulled an abdominal on that one.
    Exactly what in their past years has ever given any indication Nexon even crests the event horizon of being a "good" company?
    I don't think they can even see "good" from where they're positioned.

Incidentally your math is wrong on the more money thing too. Or rather you've missed the base part.
    As long as the majority are happy or oblivious it's not in their best interest to spend money to make them more happy, just to keep them happy enough that they continue paying. They pander to the lowest common denominator because it's the biggest bang for their buck, at the expense of long term satisfaction and growth.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Well, that's why I said it was up to Nexon. I simply implied that they had the option to listen to player feedback rather than sit back and ignore everything.

Well, there's a thread linking to Nexon America's profits in the fourth quarter, which dropped by 9% - it just seems like the problems with the game are getting too obvious for everyone to be completely oblivious to. (Hence the constant experience events as compensation for all the problems, perhaps?)
    I think the first paragraph of CanonStriker's post on page 3 is pretty well written.

9. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

From their viewpoint though it's not the kids that aren't buying it's the parents who aren't buying for them, and they can blame that on the economy, not the kids perception of the game & services.

Until something actually shifts Nexon's own perspective of it's target audience it's just going to circle the drain until something new comes along that's good enough to lure everyone away.

10. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

Merge some of the baby servers into an alliance, like how they planned to before but then didn't do (and now probably won't). KMS has it for a bunch of servers, so I don't see why it'd be such a big issue. Also, give either all servers channels 1-19 (or 20) or at LEAST give all servers the channels required to do all boss runs. Being unable to do Empress runs as a result of not having the required channel is f'ucking stupid.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Fair enough.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Does anyone actually think Nexon will read our submissions? Sure, let's waste our time and energy in making a suggestion site that Nexon doesn't give a flying pomegranate about.

If Nexon doesn't want to fix their security (and I don't just mean account security but also item security to prevent items from being duped/hacked, and fix hacks in a timely manner in general), what makes you think they'll tweak the gameplay/areas/cash items to your liking? This thread serves absolutely no purpose other than for the discussion of what each poster personally wants changed. To top off the obvious fact that it's not exactly reasonable to cater to each and every player's needs and not ruin some other players' expectations in the process, the simple fact is that Nexon won't listen and doesn't care. Get that through your heads.

13. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

No.

It is however a topic, and the prerogative of each user if they want to give their input on it, so if you don't find it worth doing, stay out of it.

It should be noted that an idea/want/need shared has a higher probability of being addressed than one kept inside, even if the odds are astronomical. Even if it does nothing more than make them feel better about having tried to contribute a potential solution that's better than sitting and suffering in silence.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

You're right. But I think those odds are more than astronomically improbable, they are damn near absolute impossible based on past experience. But I guess I'm being the Debbie Downer of the thread and crushing everyone's hope so I'll stay out of it lol.

15. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

The problem isn't so much as the game, as the lack of control they have over it. It's hard to fight for a petition/idea's to improve the content, when it in the end, it's all irrelevent. Disconnecting and crap have become a norm of the game. I tried this before, and I just realized how the game isn't the problem, it's the players.

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

While, yes, I think the players are the ones directly responsible for the degradation of the game, I think equal blame needs to be placed on the company controlling the game, or lack thereof.

Nexon is like the primordial "cat lady hoarder". The cat lady hoards so much cats (analogous to unfixed and ignored problems, in Nexon's case) that their disruptive nature becomes the norm (disconnects, hacks, glitches, no customer service, ...list goes on) and this becomes so uncontrollable that the cat lady needs intervention and to move out before she's buried in the mess of cats that she is 100% responsible for. But the more cats the cat lady has, the happier she is; just like the more problems Nexon has, the more they ignore them until their profits start dipping. The question is: where's Nexon's intervention?

17. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

...This analogy is really weird. I get it, but I feel like you presented it wrong. I don't think Nexon is happy with having more problems and glitches, like the cat lady is happy with more cats. I think we, the players, are Nexon's cats. Animal hoarders want more and more animals, until eventually there are so many they cannot keep up with them. The animals end up running the place down and living in their own filth because the owner cannot keep up with maintaining so many. It is eventually deemed inhumane and the government steps in and takes them all away, etc.

We, the players, are the cats. Nexon wants more and more players, because more players=more money. They, however, don't have (or want to bother paying for) the resources to 'clean up' after us while still constantly trying to acquire more and more players. So we, too, live in our own filth (glitches, hacks, disconnects, no customer service) because there are too many players for Nexon to keep up with, given their current resources for Maple.

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Well yes, it can be said that we players (though I don't play anymore...thank goodness) are to Nexon like the cats are to the cat lady. But the difference between the cat lady and Nexon is that the cat lady is a lone person with questionable practices and perhaps mentally ill, while Nexon is a corporation, with questionable practices and perhaps being led by someone or some group displaying symptoms of chronic greed. Of course Nexon is not happy with having more and more problems and glitches, but their unwillingness to fix them properly and in a timely manner wreaks of irresponsibility. That's why I think this analogy would be more proper if Nexon were hoarders of outstanding and unfixed issues (and hoarders of money) instead of hoarders of players/etc. It is a weird analogy like you've said, but the two do share a lot of characteristics, and this makes it comical to me.

19. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

New Easter egg package gives 4 hour 2x coupons.

20. Default Re: Let's make the game better. NEXON SUGGESTION THREAD.

Just wanted to ask you, did you play December 2010 and January 2011 Big Bang? True we had our EXP raise and changes for classes and all, but did you notice what was going on? At Level 150, you could barely top 6% / Hour. That's understandable, if your maybe 185. I'm 90% sure most of the high levels would just quit. LHC made it 500x easier.

inb4 People reply saying hurr you would never have lasted in teh past!!1!