1. Default Best things to spend RP on?

Since I started playing LoL a couple months ago, I've gotten quite hooked. When the Lulu bundle came out last week I had to have it, and now I've got some leftover RP and I'm not sure what to spend it on. So what are the most worthwhile purchases one can make with RP? Champs? Boosts? Rune pages? I'm expecting to spend more money on this game down the line so I'd like to know if RP is better spent one way versus another.

Also, I know skins are purely cosmetic, but that butterfly Kog'Maw looks so hilarious...

Thanks for any help!

2. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

wait for discount skin sales and buy them for like 200 rp. Or if you really really want a champ, wait for champ discounts too

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

Skins only, dont bother buying champs with RP (Unless its one of those super packs with tons of oldie champs).

Also Rune Page Bundles are 2gud, better than buying a single page with rp/ip.

4. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

Rune page bundle is insanely good for an RP purchase. Well, compared to everything else that you can buy with RP/IP anyways...

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

I wish i could buy it :/, sadly i have to conform myself with the 6300 ip per rune page.

6. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1799782

Rune pages > Champ bundles > 6.3k IP champs on sale and skins on sale

Someone in one of the channels I lurk on got one of the x-day IP-win-boosts and just kept playing Dominion. Supposedly earned a lot of IP through continuous play, like 50 IP per won Dominion match that lasts ~10mins. IP GRINDING.

7. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

Thanks for that link raizoo, super helpful. Looks like I'll pick up Maokai since he's on sale then. :D

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Rune pages by far .

You'll regret spending RP otherwise when you hit level 30.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

This. (Saying about rune pages, I do need to upgrade the # of pages I have from 10 to 17 later down the line )

Also, look out for champion/skin sales whenever they are available. They can sometimes give you more bang for your buck.

10. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

Everyone already covered things, but I'll add my voice to this and mention that the rune page bundle is a great buy, but it can usually wait til you've been 30 for a while and have multiple rune sets. Otherwise, stick to skin/champion sales unless you're really itching for more ip and have the time and energy to grind away with an ip boost. Also, there are the occasional quint and special limited skin sales, so saving up your IP for X-Mas or Halloween or other holidays isn't a bad idea.

11. Default Re: Best things to spend RP on?

Some people have made it their mission to actively track sales patterns that Riot does. I don't really read up on much of the details, but a good place to start looking for this information would be sales theads and champion free week threads.

A couple notes about skins:
    -- There are different type of skins as classified by the marketing department. Legacy skins are skins that will only be available for a limited time, then they cannot be obtained anymore. I don't know how you'd go about identifying one easily, although holiday skins are generally legacy skins.
    -- Legendary skins (1850 rp) are NEVER on sale.