Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Dragon Nest Social Thread

So uh.

I'm probably not the person to do this, but it feels so quiet here now that the main thread got locked and no one made a thread other than the IGN thread.

I enjoy reading what the new updates and stuff are though despite not playing anymore.

Inb4everyonequit

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I'm still trucking. My Priest now has 62k HP and 3.2k magic attack thanks to all the free manti gear from the event back in Feburary. I've also PvPed quite a lot with my Priest, especially in Protect mode, which is something I never really mentioned in the old thread.

3. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

I heard certain servers got merged? I haven't logged on in a long time. Can anyone fill me in on what exactly got merged, like was it only market places or can i play with people in other worlds?

4. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Argenta and Gerrant are merged to the point where players from both servers can see and interact with each other. The character slots stay true to the specific server, though (A character created in Argenta will still be under Argenta, essentially giving us 2x the character slots for free). The other two servers, Velskud and *insert-server-whose-name-I-forget-here*, are merged as well.

I still play, a bit. Mainly on my Magic SM (PrimatesMSM), or my Gladiator-to-be (PrimatesSM). I want to cap my Magic SM for the 3 capped chars bonus for now. Also, leveling the magic SM will give me a reason to get crafting materials for my main's (PrimatesSM) armor. Making 5-piece life-giving (top, bottom, shoes, gloves, off-hand) out of epic armors and enhancing to +10 when I have the money to buy NX for jellies and gold in-game for Rubies/Diamonds. Technically not allowed to play right now, so I get on every night or two to mess around for an hour or two. It's also spring break now, so maybe more play time.

Currently finished crafting my shoes and main weapon. My off-hand weapon is +9, still needs to be crafted, and gathering the herba's crystals will be a pain. I'll probably use my daily Goddess Teardrops on them when I get the time to try for the tears.

5. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Am I kawaii? I just started playing in Gerrant about 2 weeks ago. New graphics card + upgraded psu = I can play vidya that isn't 2D now.

6. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I went online and looked for dear Gregory several times. He promised he would be there but he wasn't. Now Spring break is over and I won't play anymore. Disappointed, Gregory.

7. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Havent been on in a while myself, darn LoL community of Southperry got me hooked

8. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Why won't you play anymore? Is it because that during school you cannot control the power of the dragon?

9. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So a while back, a friend told me that Neckson EN AY put a cap on total EXP gain per day. I was thinking about playing this game again, but I'm not going to if there is a cap.

Beans will be spilt after this post.

10. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Woo! Finished hell without dying! Currently using 4 piece life-giving. Seems I am allowed to play over the holiday, but I can't say anything about play once holiday is over.

As far as I have seen, there is no exp cap. There was a glitch after the last patch for a few hours where exp couldn't be gained after PWR was consumed entirely, but that was fixed the same day. Maybe there is a cap, but I have never reached it. I normally train about a level a day after 32 or so.

11. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Oh, okay. And are the little job advances implemented already? I got a Sword guy to 16 before Swordsman/Mercenary were out, would be fun to actually advance and junk.

12. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Yes, you can advance now. We just don't have the next subclass (gladiator/moonlord, in swordsman case; barbarian/destroyer in mercenary case) yet. Advances can occur at level 15, or whenever you feel ready after that.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

There's no cap on total EXP gain per day. He may have been referring to any of the other versions, which have a fatigue system, which limits how many times you can run through dungeons per day. We have the PWR system, which is basically increased EXP for the first few dungeons you run per day, and we can still go into dungeons for reduced EXP after we run out.

It might change in the future though. SEA used to have something similar to our PWR system, but they switched over to fatigue recently. Supposedly, enough of the community raged to the point where they're considering changing it back to an improved version of the PWR system (and as far as I know, it's essentially PWR that depletes about 10x slower than our current rate, which should make leveling much, much faster).

---

New event starting tomorrow. All nest runs will be reset, for one.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/news/new...-4-to-april-17

---

I don't know how I managed to pull this off. Especially with 3 afks on the team.

lol endless protect

14. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

The customer support for Dragon Nest has surprised me, in a good way. A week ago I received most of the things that were taken from my account when I was hacked. The only things missing were equips I was using. Today I logged on to find out that I had received the equips that were exactly (crafted correctly and had the same potential) the ones I had lost. I can't believe that a game owned by Nexon returned everything to me! So if you guys ever get hacked on Dragon Nest send a ticket because never know what could happen :P.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Yeah, the people running our version of DN actually talk on the official forums. They don't do it very often, but when they do, they keep us informed. Most of the time, it's regarding event rewards and distribution issues, though.

16. Lead Ball

Louisiana

So umm, how does one dodge the attack serpent lady has in Manti Nest where the "room shifts" and you start getting hit a ton. Also, how2dodge Kirshlaval's double grav ball...Just solo'd Manti nest because I need 6 more herba crystals and no one was available for a party. Died twice, both times to Kirshlaval after 2 bars left...

17. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Got my new computer so no lag at all on dragon nest! =D
    So now that i'm back i need buddies in Argenta/Gerrant. IGN is InFearNFaith. I'm still level 32 from the 32 cap but hopefully i'll be 40 soonish.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Serpent lady: Can't dodge it. Best you can do is try to interrupt it, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it, just that it's possible. It probably has something to do with breaking its block during the countdown, or using specific ultimates (Mercenary's Cleaving Gale comes to mind, but I forget if it works or not).

Otherwise, pay attention to the four glowing crystals in the center. The one that is raised points to a platform that will heal you if you're standing on it for far more than the attack does (and will still heal you once or twice even after the attack ends). If you have a Mercenary in your party, tell him to cast his superarmor buffs before the earthquake, you'll have an easier time attacking through it.

About the Manticore's gravity ball starter... When you teleport to his room, either run directly ahead and use your evade skill, or run directly to the side and use your evade skill. Don't go diagonally because chances are fairly good that you're going to get caught by the second gravity ball. Even then, dodging it might be a crapshoot depending on how early or late he launches the attack.

If that's not the attack you're talking about, you're probably referring to the one where he summons these two giant orbs that pins you to the ground? All you can do is look for black runes appearing on the floor. If you see that, you probably only have a second to get out, if you can. They're usually summmoned to his sides, so if you're directly in front or behind him, you should be safe.

19. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So the other day I just read a guide on SDN. I don't think...I trust our community enough to be able to DO half that stuff. Even at 50 cap, I don't see us clearing it, due to simple lack of any teamwork skill, which is absolutely essential for a couple of those stages. Everyone dies if one person pineapples up? I make it a point to never rely on others, so that does not sit well with me at all.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Especially when considering that this is a raid designed for 8 people. The greatest pressure appears to be placed on the Clerics, especially the Paladins.

---

My fanfic got mentioned on Dragon Nest Weekly.

I don't know if I should feel honored or scared to hell and back, because it's really the only active fanfic on their forums at the moment.