IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

In my opinion it is still gear dependent, if you try newer content. If you stick to the quest line, you shouldn't run into trouble, but trying the 40-50 or 50-60 content with +0-6 blues at the intended level can be a pain. My Lunar Knight with +6 level 50 epic sets dies and takes 10-15 mins per run at level 50-60 dungeons, whereas my Shooting Star with GDN gear only took 5-7 mins at the same level. My Screamer takes the same as the LK, but dies in one hit to the bosses in 50-60 dungeons, so I stick to quests on them (I haven't finished SH on them yet still so it'll be a good while before I can even touch the new stuff).

As for the market, I don't know. I'm really poor because of poor money making/management skills so I almost never buy stuff and tend to be stuck with +6 epics that takes weeks/months to get. I hear it's fairly stable though, but the recent level cap increase may have caused some changes in prices (mostly lower cost level 50 stuff and higher cost level 60 stuff).

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Economy's a lot more balanced right now than it was at 50 cap, IMO. Costs are fairly low because almost everything needed can be reliably self-farmed (along with most people that were active throughout 50 cap having amassed like 500+ quality altheum and 50+ of every epic spark beforehand), and Jellies actually DROPPED in price for some reason.

But it's also not like 50 cap where 95% of items were worth less than 100g while the other 5% was in the outrageous 10k+ range. 60 cap blue mat drop rate (for nest set epic gear) is low enough that you can still make plenty of profit on them, like mid-40 cap prices. Suffix crafting mats from 50-60 regular dungeons also drop randomly across all of those dungeons now, and they don't drop from Chaos Rift Padma. In theory, there won't be a situation where stuff like Feather Decorations are only worth 10g because of everyone power leveling in the dungeon that drops it, and Worn Cogwheels going for 200g each because the dungeon associated with it is a pain.

The passes to enter 60 cap nests have been combined into one for both nests, and they drop from abyss bunnies at like a 50% rate. If you have the patience to farm these keys, you can make quite a lot of money.

Nowadays, you lose the most gold by being unlucky at enhancing while using jellies.

As about gear, if you're trying to level, you'll probably need about 80k+ HP to survive Master mode on the 50-60 dungeons on average, and maybe about 5k+ attack to clear them in a decent amount of time depending on your class. Engineer/Shooting Stars or Gear Masters are probably the fastest dungeon clearers regardless of gear, while Lunar Knights are heavily dependent on crit and Screamers are heavily dependent on dark attack accessories.

3. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Jellies dropped because like eyvn said, gold buying era in DN is over. Tekonos cracked down hard on gold buyers so people can't buy gold off sites as easily anymore. Thus gold has value again and people struggling to get more of it. Also with GDN HC weapons becoming more common, gold is leaving the game much faster than before (might not even be replenished at an equal rate, meaning gold is slowly leaving the game overall).

Same reason applies to why approval stamps are dirt cheap at 40g~ per which is a horrible ratio. Best thing honestly is to sell NX to a friend in private if you need gold (still 250:1 but people should start matching gold site rate since gold is in so much more demand, maybe 200~230:1 for average)

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Yup. The DN GMs actually do their jobs pretty well now, which is surprising considering the state of the game last year.

Most value in this game is now in commodities that can be self-farmed, like crafting mats, lustre, and sparks. The only things you really need raw gold for nowadays are for buying good crests and enhancing, and maybe pre-enhanced/sparked gear if you're unlucky at any attempts to enhance your own. Typically it's much cheaper to enhance and spark your own gear, so long as you farmed the lustre, sparks, and craft mats to make it yourself.

5. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Good deal. I noticed that all of the class-based lustres seem to have been replaced by one catch-all. Works for me considering I usually don't bother with NX so inventory expansions are pretty much nonexistant for me.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

All the class-specific sparks got combined into one as well, along with the powders. You also don't need reset sparks anymore, you can just overwrite the previous potential or pay a (very hefty) fee to keep them.

7. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Noticing a lot less bots and idiots. Maybe I'll actually stick around this time since I haven't seen the amounts of idiocy that I used to see.

Making it so you have to be Lv24 to use the Marketplace is also a nice touch, although not being able to get ahold of the lower level Blue equips is kinda sucky.

8. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Should breeze to 24 anyway though. And you will find idiots still, just stay with a good guild/set of friends and you're all good. And stay away from PvP forum on DN (and certain people)

9. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So a few of you guys convinced me to play dragon nest again and it's pretty fun still! I like the new changes such as no more 389521 kinds of lustres/sparks for the same thing and the pwr reduction for 1-39.

I have a few concerns that I hope anyone is willing to address. I can't believe the quest helper limit is 4. I don't remember if it was higher pre-24 cap but this is quite ridiculous considering how much space I have left. Also was there a change in drop rate? I'm doing abyss with a party and the drop rate for greens is a lot lower than I remember. Since no one sells low level gear(1-40) in the marketplace, I'm forced to use the quest weapon because I wasn't fortunate enough to find ANYTHING for the first 20 levels.

10. Lead Ball

Louisiana

I don't know what changed as of 60 cap patch, but prior to it all drops were removed from lower difficulties aside from Abyss. Personally I don't even remember ever getting greens on Abyss. Blues also seem to be boss-only drops. For the most part we're stuck with crappy gear that doesn't scale once you hit the level 50+ content, which is my main gripe since all of my alts have issues with those dungeons due to standard dungeon gear. As for quest helper, it shouldn't always be a problem in my opinion. Most quests have a message that pops up on-screen to warn you if you need to talk to someone in the room before moving on for the quest to complete and most quest items drop from monsters. For some quests where you have to find stuff in the surroundings like in chests/the airship parts style items, I'd suggest using the helper, but for everything else, I'd just let whatever is on there be there.

If you need gear to do dungeons, you may want to hang back a bit and grind for some gear or find people to run nests. A couple of cheap Ancient Totem/Corrupt pieces enhanced to +6 should hold you until 60 where you can try for end-game gear, and running SH/Early Lotus Marsh dungeons is easy exp without having to go into the newer dungeons (at the Crash Site).

Also, as Alilatias stated above, you may want to get 80k HP/5k Attack (Give or take) before starting those if you intend to have a fairly easy time/clear quickly.

11. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Why would they remove all item drops? I've done abyss and even then the drop rate for gear is so low that there's almost no way to gear myself up until higher levels. I'm currently level 17 and it seems like I'll be stuck with quest gear until 40s. It's unfortunate that there's a significant difference between quest gear and found gear otherwise I wouldn't care at all. Seems like if this was to counter bots, this impacts legitimate players much much more.

After playing more, I don't mind the quest helper limit because I realize there's now a priority queue for display when you join a dungeon so nevermind about that!

Edit: I don't know what happened to the population(Gerrant) but not many people are selling epic crests in the market place anymore. How do we sell the second job skills? It's hard to gauge the price for it if there's one or nothing of it.
    Last edited by SixtySevenFrogs; 2013-07-11 at 12:20 AM.

12. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Quest helper limit isn't really a problem. 95% of the quests in the game are completed just by doing the dungeon naturally. The other 5% require you doing something like finding a plant, chasing some birds, opening a certain chest, etc

As for greens, do master and then you'll find them all. Abyss only drops blues/epics.

13. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Easy-Masters drops stuff again now? Huh. But yeah, at some point to counteract botting - if I'm not mistaken - drops were either removed entirely or dropped to a very low droprate...unless you ran Abyss. I prefer Abyss because of the chance at a Gold Bunny which may have some valuable Epic Crests, or less valuable but useful to the class I'm playing crests.

The population actually increased; Gerrant, Argenta, Velskud, and Elena are all merged. As for pricing, we typically look at whether the skill is a major skill of the class at end-game or in PvP. If the skill is used by both 2nd specializations as a major DPS/Support move, it'd be worth more than one used by neither other than to do something while waiting for cooldowns. If the skill is not used at all, or very rarely, or the bonus is trash it would be sold for next to nothing. Typically just ask around, most are worth 100g-200g, with some being around 1k after the 60 cap brought in new EX skills and made some less useful skills more useful.

14. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

@Shippo the Fox; Do not ever try to argue with the following people on the DN forums, it is never worth it

- NerdyAspects
    - PriestSwag
    - TheRoflMaker
    - Eyvn

A lot more in this list.

Reference: http://dragonnest.nexon.net/communit...ty%26nxid%3D62

Also gj living with 1hp at krag today.

15. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Also, any tips as to what I can do for money at a relatively low level (27 Priest)? If this is still gear dependent then I figure I should go ahead and do what I can to get money while I'm still reasonably early in.

Also if anyone is willing to recruit an old noob then that would be great as well, the old SP guild for Gerrant (Pineapples) is dead with the exception of me. IGN is Relic.

16. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I just started playing again with the addition of sexy chakram lady.
    Ign HinataRing if anyone wants to play/toss me a guild invite.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Ahahaha, holy hell, seconding this. Add anyone who tosses around the term 'newgen' to the list as well, it's a stupid forum clique, and I say this as someone whose join date is older than most of the morons tossing it around anyway. And avoid the PvP section like the plague.

Oh hey. You can drop a guild application to Salvation and I'll accept you into the guild ASAP. Pretty much most SouthPerricans are either in Legit or Salvation now. You too, Dredragon.

As for making money at earlier levels, try to do Bailey's abyss quests for the earlier dungeons. He'll hand you Crude Approval Stamps which work on level 32 and below gear and sparks. Try enhancing random low level green or blues too, especially weapons. They do sell for a decent amount due to low supply. Also, hold on to your dimensional fragments. As a Priest, you'll want to exchange them for either...

1) Lv. 16 basic Cleric pouch. If you get the following crests, instant money, if you can unbind them. Or you can use them.
    - Aura of Healing heal percentage
    - Righteous Bolt damage
    - Paralyze Bolt reset chance (PvP)
    - Roundhouse Kick animation speed (PvP)
    - Holy Kick animation speed (PvP)

2) Lv. 24 Priest pouch. Only two valuable crests here while the rest are crap, but they're quite valuable. Not as valuable as Roundhouse Kick, but you might actually USE the two crests.
    - Healing Relic CD reduction
    - Chain Lightning damage

3) Lv. 32 Priest pouch. Three or four valuable crests here while the rest are crap, but the first crest below is considered to be required for PvE Saints that intend to participate in dragon raids. Well, aside from the healing crests.
    - Cure Relic CD reduction
    - Holy Burst damage (PvP)
    - Detonate damage (PvP)
    - Bind Relic CD reduction (PvP at the moment, but come 70 cap, Bind EX amplifies the amount of damage taken enemies in its effect radius by 20%. This might become required then.)

If you want pure money, try your luck with the standard Cleric pouch. If you want to find crests to use without buying them, try the two Priest pouches. The level 40 and 50 pouches cost too many fragments, and the plates they contain are in very high supply anyway due to a huge amount of people grinding Desolation Point and the Lotus Marsh dungeons.

If you come across any other crests, RESEARCH ON THEM before you craft and sell them. Almost every crest you can find in the level 24-32 range is quite valuable due to extremely low supply (the level 24-32 set of dungeons happen to be the least farming/grind-friendly in the game), if you craft the right option. Even the rares should go for 40-150g each, while epics can go for 750+.

18. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

^This is all good for lower levels to make money. I would recommend getting to 60 asap though as that's when you can make much easier money.

The two easiest things to make money from that aren't entirely gear dependent are

- Doing the farm (it's actually not as good anymore unfortunately, but it's not completely horrible when you first start out)

- Chaos rift 24 + 32 x1000000000

Chaos rifts you need level advantage or good gear (3-4k range, 30k+ hp is probably enough to solo 32 chaos rift with ease). That's probably the best money-maker in this game that doesn't require good gear. Right now, the only thing that beats it consistently is farming level 60 abyss dungeons but you need to be extremely geared. If you just make tons of alts (and preferably have extra computers around the house), then nothing can really beat chaos rift farming. Just note it's really boring and prices will spike probably in 1-2 weeks if next patch has level 60 tech accessories.

I would just focus on leveling atm by following quests. Just stick with blues/greens but don't invest too heavily into them. +6 is good enough, %hp on armors is fine. phys or magic is best on weapons, but not entirely a big deal. The grind from 50-->60 will be tedious so either tough it out or try and find a party that will help carry you (you'd need to actually invest some time/money to pull your own weight in a level 50+ grinding party).

Rambling at this point and going a little offtopic so feel free to update or ask more questions when you get further along.

19. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I honestly forgot how to enhance stuff. lol
    I'm level 15, I just have to go to sleeper's something dungeon for level 15 and then I think (hope) I can job advance my kali. I already went inside her mind and beat up hyenas and stuff.

When I log back on tomorrow I'll toss an invite there. And atm I'm in this adventurers guild thing or something, I'm guessing I'll have to leave that first right

20. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Yep, you'll have to leave the Hero's Academy. Every new character is stuck in one "to meet new friends." Also, enhancing is simple - find a blacksmith, ask to trade, click enhance and select an item. +1-3 are 100%, after +6 items can begin to break and, if they're magic/rare they can begin to degrade. Epics and above begin to degrade at +4. You'll also need the materials listed when you select the item to enhance. As for job advance, that is the proper way for Kali. Do the Hyena bit, then go to Temple of the Sleepers, and you can advance to Screamer or Dancer.

@Kaasoljoyyx; you roll a Gear Master right? On my Shooting Star I've gone with Chemical Warfare Debuff, Super Ball Damage, Splash Damage, Make It Rain Damage, (extra crest slots for the next 3 weeks or so here) Alfredo Tank CD, Alfredo Smash CD, and Quackums Damage. The only crest I'm iffy on is Alfredo Smash. Any ideas of a replacement? Looking into Slip n' Slide CD, or Frost Quacker CD. Also, for accessories, I'm looking into switching from my FD set (Apoc Punish/Judgement) to techs once the level 60 techs become available. I'm looking into Super Ball, Alfredo Overdrive, Alfredo Tank, and maybe Splash or something. I may have messed up the exact setup as I looked into for just a couple minutes a week or two ago, so I may have 2 Necklace/Earring techs listed or 3 Ring techs.