Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Academic coming soon I think, no sea dragon yet. Pretty much very few updates so it's still kind of dead.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Yeah, for the hardcore PvErs, nothing has really happened since Feburary. The past two months have all been PvP-related updates, of which even the PvP community stopped caring about after the first two weeks or so. Although I have been seeing a noticeable increase in the amount of PvPers over the past two weeks, at least here in the West servers.

Chances are that we're going to patch next week, hopefully with something major like Academic or Sea Dragon/Farming system.

3. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I haven't been playing lately because I'm waiting for Academic or a lvl cap increase.

4. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I've been playing off and on getting my paladin to lv 40. Though I kind of wish I had more people to communicate there with. Pretty all alone while all my other friends ditched me to join a east server.

5. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So I saw the T4-2 updates for Clerics and I saw a lot of people on MMOsite complaining about the update. Was it really that bad?

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

T4 changes are going live in kDN tomorrow.

Well, Paladins appear to have been hit pretty hard, but I think part of the problem is that people don't really understand the scale of this. I'll go over some of the changes...

---

Critical mechanics change:
    Pre-T4: Critical hits ignored enemy defense and inflicted 125% damage
    Post-T4: Critical hits inflict 200% damage (this is confirmed final since T4 is going into the kDN live servers tomorrow)

I'm in support of this change, really. Critical was stupid broken before.

Aura of Healing/Redemption Aura (Cleric):
    Aura of Healing recieved a significant hit.

Pre-T4: 11.4% max HP + 2054
    T4-2: 9% max HP + 7825

However, Redemption Aura was made far better than before.

Pre-T4: 10% increase in healing for 60 seconds. 180 second cooldown.
    T4-2: 30% increase in healing for 60 seconds. 120 second cooldown.

Provoke (Paladin):
    Its duration was reduced to 12 seconds at current max level (with a technique accessory, duration goes up to 15 seconds I think). A lot of people missed the fact that its cooldown was reduced to 12 seconds as well. It could be considered a nerf in the sense that people now absolutely have to max it in order for it to be truly effective.

However, with the way the new T4 SP system works (3 SP or 1 SP to learn a new skill, 1 SP to level that skill up), you can max far more skills now.

Look at this guy's T4 Saint build: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/21...aaf9813-5.html
    I also made a post explaining how such a build is possible here: http://dragonnestplus.com/forum/show...tid=661&page=2

Elemental/Conviction Aura (Paladin):
    Oh man, the Paladin Auras recieved a huge hit.

Elemental: +23% fire/ice attack -> +20% attack and +42% fire/ice defense -> +20% defense
    Conviction: +27% light attack -> +16% attack and +46% light defense -> +16% defense

When you think about it though, the defenses were truly silly before. But ouch, man.

Blessing of Strikes (Priest):
    Its effect was reduced to +22% at max level to +15%, but the way it factored into the damage formula was changed too. For example, let's pretend that the below numbers were for Toxic Spray, not taking into account the actual changes made to that skill.

Pre-T4: 60% + 22% + 220
    Post-T4: [60% + 220] * 15%

Okay, maybe that wasn't a good example. I'd imagine that it's slightly weaker in this case. But take something with a high % value, like... Let's pretend the below numbers were for Fireball.

Pre-T4: 500% + 22% + 360
    Post-T4: [500% + 360] * 15%

At least, that's how I think it works now. Not 100% sure on this myself. All I know is that most are in agreement that it's a massive buff overall.

Blessing of Light/Protection Shell (Priest):
    Our other two party buffs got hit too.

Blessing of Light: 20% Light Attack/Defense -> 18% Light Attack/Defense
    Protection Shell: 30% damage reduction -> 18% damage reduction

I don't consider this a nerf at all though, because the duration was increased from 60 seconds -> 180 seconds. Hell yes.

Healing Relic (Priest):
    At first, this was majorly nerfed. But then it got majorly buffed.

Pre-T4: 75% of magic attack + 650
    T4-1: 50% of magic attack + 1117
    T4-2: 50% of magic attack + 6707

That's per pulse by the way. The T4-2 change was what Healing Relic really needed, because a Priest's magic attack does not scale up at nearly the same rate that everyone's HP/enemy damage does.

EDIT: I personally have a Priest with 3.1k magic attack and Level 7 Healing Relic (possible at 40 cap with technique earring), and the most he can heal with a Redemption Aura + Blessing of Strikes buffed Healing Relic is 3k per pulse, which is pathetic when most people are sporting 40k+ HP right now (myself 73k HP). The buff to flat rate is greatly welcomed.

---

As for DN NA, we're getting a patch tomorrow too... Although it only seems to be starting up Guild War.

It's unusually early for Nexon to patch at this time of the month. I hope this isn't all we're getting this month. I hope we're getting something new next week...
    Last edited by Alilatias; 2012-05-09 at 11:57 PM.

7. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I also like this change.

Oh, so they reduced the CD also, didn't know that. I was going to max it either way and get a provoke plate. The change to the SP system is by far my most favorite change they made. So much easier to get a variety of skills without having to sacrifice much.

EDIT: I'm really hoping for a release of a male Martial Artist/Monk class. Would be nice to have another male character in Dragon Nest.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Yeah, most people missed that because cooldown changes were brought up much later in the thread. The MMOSite Freedom forums decided not to mention the cooldown changes in the summary post in most cases, because all of that is subject to change.

---

Here's a list of the Paladin cooldown changes (check post #90): http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/21...aaf9813-5.html

He missed Provoke though, as brought up by post #93.

---

Here's some of the Priest skill changes, as seen in-game during T4-1 (check post #78): http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/21...aaf9813-4.html

- Righteous Bolt cooldown reduced to 10 seconds (previously 16 seconds)
    - Block duration increased to 20 seconds (previously 15 seconds)

- Healing Relic is boosted to 60% Magic Attack if you have a technique accessory for it, and an epic -CD plate reduces cooldown to 48 seconds as usual
    - Cure Relic cooldown was reduced to 25 seconds at all levels (previously 45 seconds at Lv. 1), 20 seconds with an epic -CD plate. Duration increased to 18 seconds from 15 seconds.
    - Not mentioned is that when Bind Relic is maxed, its cooldown is reduced to 45 seconds (previously 60 seconds)
    - Holy Shield (saint skill) duration increased to 30 seconds (previously 15 sec). Cooldown was sent back to 60 seconds during T4-2. With a technique accessory, Lv. 2 boosts healing effect to 50% magic attack (taking T4-2 into account, previously 31%).
    - Relic of Shock (saint skill) cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (previously 60 seconds)

- Lightning Bolt cooldown reduced to 13 seconds (previously 18 seconds)
    - Chain Lightning cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (previously 20 seconds)
    - Detonate cooldown reduced to 17 seconds (previously 20 seconds)
    - Holy Burst cooldown reduced to 25 seconds (previously 40 seconds)

That's not everything, though. I think Consencration (Inquisitor skill) had its cooldown reduced as well. With the cooldown changes to the Priest lightning skills, I'd be inclined to think that they're going to try setting up Inquisitors as a true DPS or a secondary support class come 60 cap.

9. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Is there a new skill calculator to use that has the T4 changes?
    EDIT: And what type of weapon should non elemental classes craft? From the vids I've seen they mostly use Dark, I'm not sure why.

10. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

No skill calculator yet.

As for the dark weapons... What those players in the videos have are old versions of the Manticore gear, stuff that we do not have. Don't worry about it for now.

Go for:
    - Windswept: Only if you're an archer or critical build
    - Destructive/Brutal: If you're physical.
    - Intellect: If you're magical. Don't even think about Magic Power unless you're a magic SM or SS, Intellect's -% elemental resist is superior for all other magic classes.
    - Life-Giving: Only an option for epic rank and above weapons, though.

11. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So what was that thing I was reading about how crafting an elemental suffix on a weapon gives non elemental attacks the element crafted on the weapon?

EDIT: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/21...6035d13-2.html
    I thought that was the change, but it's just speculation. Look at post #30 (chaose5's post) about the speculation.

12. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Decided to play again.

What to sell to make money again. On the Argenta server now?
    Last edited by Shippo the Fox; 2012-05-15 at 01:31 PM.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

This week is kind of a crap week to be making any money. However, this is the week to hoard.

There's a week long +50% drop rate event, and because of that, just about everything farmable fell in price. Even Pirate Captain Seals and Mini Generators are worth less than 70g each now, when a month ago they were well above 120g+ each.

Other than that, you gotta hope to get lucky with nest drops and getting a third stat bonus on epic crests. Note that if you are party leader for Manticore Nest, you will get any blue mats that drop from the end chest, all the time. It only occurs in Manticore Nest, and it's also the reason why you see so many Manticore Nest parties early Saturday with only 1-2 people in each party, at least here in West.

14. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

man I want to log back onto my merc so friggin badly. I have my internet tomorrow, but my computer is still being delivered here.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

There's been some kind of DN hacking spree over the past two months. Hope you set up a second password.

---

And while it seems like MapleStory is getting slightly better, DN has gone to hell. It's been almost a month since the guild event ended and we still haven't gotten our rewards. Guild rumble shop is broken and they have 4 days left to fix it. Who knows if the guild rumble matches will even take place since the game is apparently still calculating the results?

(The guild that I'm an officer in, Salvation, got 2nd place in the preliminary round here in the West servers. Well, at least before all of the data disappeared upon the prelims ending.)

---

In other news, we've all heard that kDN is getting level 60 cap sometime this year, right?

Thing is... They just revealed that it's being released NEXT WEEK.

http://dragonnest.nexon.com/events/h...531/event.html

We have no information on new skills yet, though.

16. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

That would suck to lose my merc when I haven't given the information to anyone. A bunch of guys here at A school are all starting WoW back up and It's kind of tempting to join them but I would rather not. That's why I gotta get back on my merc lol

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

So Guild Rumble prelim results are out.

West Results

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Login event next week, June 6th.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/news/new...ng-for-nothing

- 1 Dragon Egg
    - Level 40 Epic Vortex Geode Pouch (Nexon does not specify if it hands out +7/10 or +11/14 geodes)
    - Limit one per account, and only Level 20+ characters are eligible

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Academic (or Tinkerer, what the hell) is coming!

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/news/new...eview-tinkerer

And don't forget, login event is today! Be aware that all characters will recieve a dragon egg today, but only the oldest/highest level character is eligible to recieve the vortex geode pouch later on.

20. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So they're releasing both advancements?