IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Don't know if you guys have heard yet, but the Korean version is going through some major skill revamps at the moment. I'd say it's comparable to Big Bang since this also includes damage calculation changes (for example, instead of Priest's Blessing of Strikes being an additive modifier, it's a multiplier now). Criticals do 150% damage instead of 125%, but they no longer ignore defense. They are testing these things out over the next month.

There's actually a slight chance that we may see these changes in our version far earlier than we think. After all, it only took 3 months for Mercenary transform to reach us, and we somehow got Elementalist PvP changes 1 week before every other version.

http://forum.mmosite.com/board/2-217.html

3. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I saw that a little earlier, not too thrilled with it, especially the crit part.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Bah, worthless NA patch. Guild VS Guild is ridicuously laggy even with a computer that can run Skyrim decently. If you lag at Pirate stage of Apocalypse Nest, you will lag in Guild VS Guild.

Also something about a bug where if you run out of PWR, you no longer get any drops from dungeons.

No new events going on that don't require supreme gear. I actually do have said gear (my Priest now has 70k HP, 3.1k magic attack, 5k crit, 6k magic defense), but I'd imagine that 95% of the DN population doesn't.

---

Those kDN changes get more and more interesting. Here's a video of a Swordmaster using Blade Storm with dark attribute.

Also, if there's one good thing about the change to the critical system, it's that monsters can no longer wtp 2HKO you even with high defense. It's debatable that this may result in the damage gap being, in theory, no longer so freaking huge between rich and poor (and Elementalists VS everyone else on account of Hellfire allowing so many more Elementalists to reach crit cap, along with their ice stacking).

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Oh, I saw that. It's a Siege Stance bug. Still, Archers were super buffed. 2-4x skill damage increases across the board, to make up for the crit formula change. I'd go as far as to say that Sharpshooters may be top DPS now.

Here's one without siege stance bug. Holy hell, Aerial Chain Shot...

Smashers are looking really nice too.

I can't find any T4 Priest videos yet. :(

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Er... Wow. It looks like Nexon screwed up with security big time. I wonder if it affects other Nexon games too.

The game is down right now because people discovered that anyone can get into anyone's account (edit for clarification: through DN launcher, so I don't think it should affect other Nexon games) just by knowing their email. It didn't matter if the password was right or wrong, although it seems you were safe if you had set up a second password. Also something about a gold exploit.

I left MapleStory to escape this crap, but... Well, at least they responded to this pretty fast, from the sounds of it.

7. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Oh crap.

I hope my characters are safe.

Though if I do get hacked, I guess that means I won't be coming back in the summer `-`.

8. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

No worries. Apparently Nexon is doing a rollback. I don't think this issue existed any longer than 2 days, so I'm going to assume that they'll rollback to a point before the patch on Thursday morning at the furthest.

Also, that gold exploit thing was fake.

EDIT: Yup, guessed right. They're rolling back to April 19th, 2:00 PM PST, which is just before the servers went up after the patch.
    Last edited by Alilatias; 2012-04-21 at 10:44 PM.

9. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Started to play again recently on my paladin. And well im curious to all the paladins out here on SP which build did you go for? Since there's so many out there..

10. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

T4 Priest (Saint) Video.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Saw that this morning. It only further solidified my decision to go Saint, even though I'm getting outperformed by Inquisitors in PvP left and right.

Sort of miffed that he didn't try to showcase much else beyond chain lightning/shock of relic though. Then again, judging from the player's name, he was a Paladin that used a job change scroll for the purpose of testing.

Here's another Priest T4 video, with this guy just showcasing the changes to relics and the standard holy skills, while using broken equipment for a flat damage range. I wonder if Blessing of Strikes increasing relic damage by about 5x is intentional... And it appears that Grand Sigil can no longer be buffed.

I wonder if Healing Relic can still be buffed. If it can't, then the heal nerf is even larger than I ever imagined.

12. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

The game seems offline for some reason. They haven't said yet and to think i was about to lv

13. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I still have a bunch of beginner adventurer codes from December. Anyone know if they still work (or would like to test one out)? >.>

14. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

So what's going on with the game now?

Has everyone migrated to Tera and GW2? How's the population at now?

I don't particularly want to join in again if I'm gonna have a hard time forming a cerb party on a friday night.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

The population obviously jumped up since the West servers and East servers merged back in mid-Feburary, but I think a lot of people quit over the past two months since we basically got nothing but PvP updates. You're lucky to have party listings go anywhere past 3 pages in the West server.

You can still find a Cerberus party on a Friday night, but not for the reasons you'd expect. People are only doing it now because there's an event where you have to complete every single Nest (minus Manticore and Apocalypse Hell) and use up every single run over 7 weeks in order to get free crafting material for Apocalypse gear (and it only gives you like 1/3rd of the total amount of gear you need anyways).

I think we're now at Week 5, and Week 6 starts in about an hour. So if you're doing it on a Friday night, you're partying with all the procrastinators or people who can't play at any other time of the week.

However, DN SEA just got Academic, so I think it's safe to say that we're probably getting Academic in about 2-3 weeks as well. People will probably come back for that, although there will be an obvious class imbalance. Right now, I don't expect DN NA to get 50 cap until July at the earliest, although I would not be surprised if the recent kDN skill revamp is to be included in our 50 cap release.

16. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

I haven't really quit, I was just grounded a week ago (parents keep taking my spare power cords to my computer, and took my internet adapter) and got back into DFO during the couple weeks prior. I'll probably still be on DFO until some content comes out since I've for the most part finished my gear I care to spend money on on DN. I don't how long I'm grounded for, or why, really, I feel it's because my finals are in 3 weeks and I have one or two this coming week that I'm preparing for/helping senior friends who finish school this coming week prepare for.

As for these updates, they look like loads of fun to mess around with, though it seems to be a bit much to add a new job advance (it looks like, not sure), and not increase the cap. Unless there was some kind of SP revamp as well, or these skills aren't really new and just replace other ones. I haven't looked into it much due to lack of ability/time.

17. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

For me at least, TERA is the only thing I'm going to be playing for the forseeable future; DN just doesn't update fast enough, whereas TERA has a real update at least twice a month and is launching at CURRENT with the KR version, which is a couple years old already.

18. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I havent quit either just playing too much LoL to play anything else >.>

19. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

how's everybody been? =D. I graduate boot camp on Friday. Currently we have some free time and I'm paying $9 an hour to use the internet at the NEX. I'll come say hi when I can. It's been a crazy ride.