1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

imo, should try getting full version bandicam, since the quality is real good too, but has the added bonus of not weighting a pomegranateton when the video is finished recording.

2. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I'll try it out. The fraps I got cuts each video into 4 minute sections (realized this trying to record a longer video) which I could edit together, but I would rather not.

edit - bandicam lags the crap out of me. I'll just edit the videos together. Googled the fraps problem and found out that my computer automatically cuts any file greater than 4 gigs.

Edit 2 - My very first lets play video. Just some practice with vegas, fraps, and playing with audio/video settings. I think it turned out pretty well for my first try. I do need to turn down the background music/sound for sure, but other than that I think it's fine.
    Last edited by DrRusty; 2012-08-01 at 08:34 PM.

3. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Avengers of Altera titles and Dragon Eggs have been handed out to all level 40s on the account if you qualified. I got crap from my dragon eggs. My Engineer's free NX outfit + pet expired yesterday so my HP dropped by about 4k, and my damage by a bit. My HP went back up to about the same as before and damage is now at 2471 top end with Avenger of Altera applied. I still haven't gotten Apoc Shoes due to being away most of yesterday and the sudden inflation on Pipes messing with my calculations. Should an item of mine sell today, I'll be able to make them, though.

Edit:
    Apoc Shoes
    Last edited by JPTheMonkey; 2012-08-03 at 01:35 PM.

4. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

My rule of thumb for timed, statted gear in any game ever: Don't wear it.

It expires and your stats drop like a heavy turd.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

So people found some new level 60 cap skills in the kDN client. Every class is getting at least 1 new EX skill. The other two theorized skills for every class are unknown at the moment.

As with MapleStory, these likely aren't final.

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/21...2086813-1.html

New EX skills - Warrior

New EX Skills - Archer

New EX skills - Sorceress

New EX Skills - Cleric

New EX Skills - Academic/Tinkerer

New EX skills - Kali
    Last edited by Alilatias; 2012-08-04 at 03:23 PM.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

the deep straight effects looks awesome.

cool to know moonlords get a better tornado, guess that will settle the fight wether to max it or not.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Okay, what. There are more new EX skills discovered in the client. I don't even know what's going on anymore. It looks like every class is getting two new EX skills instead of 1... Which means every class is only getting 1 completely new skill, if the 3 60 cap skill theory is to be believed.

Will edit above post, because only Sorceress data is available at the moment.

With all of these new EX skills, I see that it's going to be impossible for my Priest-Saint-to-be to really PvP in the long run, because these EX skills clearly favor offensive skills more than defensive skills. A lot of the offensive EX skills are getting a near complete reworking on how the attack works, while the two defensive EX skills in the list up there still largely work the same. (Not to mention that both defensive EX skills are BLed in 1 VS 1 PvP anyways.)

8. Lead Ball

Louisiana

It is done!
    Apoc Powerglove

9. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

grats! Lets duo manti hell now. i'll record

10. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Hows about tonight? I have to go to dinner in an hour and it's 2x for the next 4 on maple. Using a 2x card for the event (my party is gonna leech me when the time comes).

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Grats on the full apoc set. No small feat for a Tinkerer.

Random stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorceress Pledge Armor

12. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

Me and JP vs Manti Hell

13. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I finally decided to pick up Dragon Nest for the first time since Closed Beta.

A lot more fun than I remembered during CB. But of course it's down for a maintenance today that will seemingly last a while. ;_;

14. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Yeah, they had issues during the patch 1.5 weeks ago and decided to postpone part of it until today. Hopefully things go faster than planned or we can expect ~4 more hours of downtime.

In regards to my apoc set, thanks to Rusty, most of it is enhanced to some extent, and I am now as strong as I was prior to putting it on when I had my cerb stuff. I also have almost 34k HP now that I gave my tunic a suffix. Unfortunately most of the pieces need to be resparked/enhanced to +6. Only 2 pieces have suffixes as well. Got a ways to go, but a lot to upgrade.

15. Default Re: Dragon Nest Social Thread

I'm still not sure what to do.

My Engineer is about 1k lower in attack range yet dominates my Swordsman's damage hands down, but my Engineer's gear is crap and gives me mixed feelings. Not sure which to main as.

16. Lead Ball

Louisiana

My Engineer is getting ready to pass my SM in range. Just need another 200 or 300 phys to go, which will be easy to get if I get phys att hiddens on my wep/off-hand and a superb destructive, and get my pet revived + equips for it. I tossed my SM's weapons (+8 epic goldwing/+9 epic varnak gaunt) at Belin in an attempt to "+10 or bust" and failed, which basically told me to go engineer all the way. The downside to this method is you lose a character to run nests on, though so I don't recommend it.

As for my engineer, I bought 20k NX today with money I never expected to have until October or later, and used it on the Dark Investigator Set. My phys is now nearing 2600 and HP is 35.5k. I still have suffixes and enhancing to finish so I have much HP to gain and a lot of phys to gain.

Also:
    Manti Crest

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Man, that farming update made for some server problems here in West. Lag when talking to NPCs and so on.

As farming is now, it seems to involve a lot of work to get to Level 9+ farming and cooking, which is where you are finally able to access recipes that work for level 33-40 characters. But once you get to that point, the whole system becomes very low maintenance, because all the plants that yield ingredients for said level 9+ cooking recipes take a full day or two to grow, compared to the 2 minutes - 3 hour plants that yield ingredients for all of the earlier level recipes.

Unfortunately, because of these 1-2 day plants, it's hard to find any farming space in the public areas. And for some stupid reason, the developers only let us plant one plant at a time in our private space, even though there's clearly 3 plots in there.

(I have level 10 cooking and level 11 farming.)

---

I tried to solo apoc hell without dying on my Priest earlier today. Getting past Bolty is an achievement in itself thanks to his massive light resist and healing at the last bar (not to mention that he has an instakill attack - I had to balance offense while making sure I would position myself correctly so that his hug of death targets relics instead of me).

But I died at Apocalypse when he had 1.5x bar left. I do not think it is possible for a Priest to solo Apocalypse Hell at our current cap without having level 6+ block, because Apocalypse's multi-hit map-wide judgment attack (basically instant kill to every non-Cleric class, he starts using it if you take longer than 12 or 13 minutes to kill him) comes off cooldown before my Grand Sigil comes off cooldown. While I can still survive it with Level 3 block alone, I lose about half of my HP in the process (I have 83k max), and I can only restore like 25k a minute, so it'd be better to just block the whole darned thing so that you have one less thing to worry about. And you can use Grand Sigil against the tentacles that he starts using at 2x bar instead.

I forgot to take a screenshot, but I think my last attempt took me about 1 hour to reach the point where I finally died. :/

18. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Holy crap. That makes me not want to solo apoc hell or try to for a long time. I've stopped caring about farming/fishing/cooking for now, not to mention I started school last Wednesday and now have a ton of papers and quizzes coming up, which kills my time to play Dragon Nest.

On my end, I tried a survey for 2.2k NX in the hopes that it would work and I could revive my Poochum (Level 20) and get a nice HP/damage boost + a pet to loot for me, but the survey failed to work. Also, solo'd manti norm without dying though I came very close.
    Manti Norm

My mouse came out of the computer partway through Kirshlaval and I had no way of looking at him to see what the next attack was. All I could do was toss down turrets and quackums and alfredo and let them do all the work while watching the ground for the gravity balls of death circles. My stuff is mostly +4/5 with one piece at +6 so far, but I do have 5/7 pieces crafted. 2 Life-giving, 3 windswept. Going with Destructive weapons, but I need to gather mats still. I remembered about the Chaos Rifts earlier in the week and started getting mats for sale/crafting use from them which has helped my income a bit.

19. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Turns out my mouse didn't "come out" but was in the process of dying. It stopped working entirely on Sunday night, so I got a new one with credit from my job. I also bought the last 20k NX I needed to finish my equips (I now have a permanent set of armor, permanent earrings, and a permanent cape, as well as a level 20 pet with permanent equips). I just need 1.8k NX every month now to maintain my optimal stats with my pet.

Stats at this time

Apoc set is almost done being enhanced using lustres, just need off-hand (+5->+6), gloves and shoes (+4->+6 each), as well as my off-hand's suffix. As for sparks, they could be better. I want str/agi/HP on armors and phys/str/agi/crit (crit is not necessary for now but it would be a great bonus) for weapons. I also need to buy a pair of Shiny Star Fragment Rings (agi), so these stats are looking great in my opinion. They're already better than my SM's were (2800 phys or so at his best), although Avenger of Altera really helps my phys and I will drop below 2800 unless I can upgrade more than at present before it expires.

I tried soloing the grave minotaur guy in apoc for the achievement since no one does it normally, but that did not work out at all. I died twice before giving up at 1/2 a bar left. I couldn't get his health to drop any further regardless how fast I killed all the spawns; dumb AoE skills make it hard to aim at just one type of ghoul.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

The key to dealing with the ghouls when fighting the skeleton minotaur at Apocalypse Nest is to use the right-click wrench. Typically weak, but effective at spacing out the ghouls far enough that I think you can just pick out the correct ghouls with your basic attack afterwards. I think using Star Burst and Bubble Trouble might help too.

Also, hope that you get the fire one when you try to solo it. You can lure the ghouls into his fire, and that helps space them out as well. Maybe you could try using Slip n' Slide and using the 'right-click when enemy is downed' attack (think it's called Ant Antagonizer) too? Although it's pretty risky thanks to its long animation.