2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

God dam. I only want the new Playstation for Uncharted 4, but if it can't play any ps3 games, they are really shooting themselves in the foot here.

3. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

I really don't know if I'll buy it now. That game lock is a horrible addition to the system. Also, not being able to play PS3 games on it is a major problem. They're not trying hard enough to appeal to their consumers. They're just doing whatever the pineapple they want at this point. I'll most likely be getting the new Nintendo console. I knew you were a little crazy Sony, but I still loved you. BUT GAME LOCKS? *facepalms*

4. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

And so continues my life without owning a Sony console.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

only reason why i tried to get a PS3, was because of the backwards compatibility plus that it's a DVD player on top.

unfortunately i didn't get it fast enough, so my PS3 only plays ps3 games ~_~ first and last PS i get for a good while i'm sure.

6. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

All PS3's also play PS1 games.

7. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

60GBfat master race. It's my best friend! New consoles' worth, to me, hinges entirely on their back compat ability. No back compat and it's worthless. I have SO MANY PS1/PS2 disks that would be obsolete now that I gave my younger cousins my PS2, to say nothing of the fact that it can't play PS3 games either, which I have a good 15-20 of.

8. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

Which is why I got the 60GB as well. It's the best choice out of them all!

9. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

I can't help but think that several of these rumors are false; but that isn't to say with the trend of things that they are out of the realm of possibility. I'm leaning towards believing in the lack of backward compat myself, but the anti-used thing I'm hesitant to believe in the manner it's been described. I wouldn't doubt that they do something, but outright 1 game, 1 system seems too stupid to do. If all of the next gen does go in that direction, they are going to have to speed up the rate and frequency of price drops on games if they even intend to stay in the market.

I mean, as things are I have difficulty catching up, and as more and more games have co-op dependencies which die out within 3 months, more often than not, I'm actually taking things off of my wishlist now. With my backlog, the possibility of this trend, and much more time being put into a job, I might call it quits with following consoles at all after this generation. Canceling my magazines has helped in lowering the desires too, so I bet at that point I'd be just fine with it anyway.

Still, rumors are rumors for now, let's not state it as fact. P.S. I've not been with SONY for over 2 years now, so don't read anything into what I say. If I had any idea what was going on in their heads, I'd still be working there.

10. Default Re: Next-gen PlayStation “Orbis” expected in 2013

This is one of the reasons why I can't wait for more info on the Wii U. I really hope it's a blast.