Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

Only to discover he is still eligible for work...

The 56-year-old put his hacked off foot in oven so medics could not reattach it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-benefits.html

Spoiler

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

i truly, have no comments this time.

3. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

This is why welfare programs need a major overhaul.

Wasn't there an article posted here about someone winning the lottery ($1 million+?) and still checking in welfare?

4. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

OH GOD THIS MADE MY DAY.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I winced when reading the thread description. e_e

6. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

I'm sorry, this made me laugh a lot.

7. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

I c wut u did der.
    Haha +1 honestly made my day.

8. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

No sympathy from me. Why someone would cause a permanent, painful, and costly expense to his life when he's already on unemployment is beyond me.

Can you imagine walking around the house with your foot severed and in your hand? That would be horrifying. Not to mention he willfully burned his foot so it couldn't be reattached. This guy needs serious counseling if he thought this would be an appropriate response.

EDIT: Also, there are plenty of office jobs one can do without a foot. You don't need a foot to be in a call center or work most sales positions.
    Last edited by Fiel; 2012-03-30 at 05:48 AM.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They say he still qualifies for some work... physically, maybe.
    Would YOU like to be his assigned employer?

10. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

Well, considering what I know about his personality now, definitely not. But a recruiter that doesn't know only cares about two things: (1) Can the person fulfill all of the job requirements despite the disability, and (2) is it an undue hardship on the business. For most office or clerical jobs, no foot is no issue.

11. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

Honestly, if I ran into this case I would probably do everything I could to find him a job, only because he thought he could get around the system and continue to not work. Like Fiel said, there's plenty of Office jobs and jobs that do not require you to walk around.

This guy is practically an insult to everyone. He's an insult to people who work their asses off every single day, only to give him money through unemployment services, and he's an insult to everyone who actually has serious disabilities that truly stop them from working. This guy is just lazy, and he wanted to stay that way. Too bad buddy, get back to work.

12. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

He sure is going to get booted from every job he tries to get a foot in.

13. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I'm stuck wondering if the pay offered by the job was actually LESS that what he gets from unemployment, and possibly not even enough to support his household. Thus prompting such a drastic action.

There's two sides to every story.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i'm waiting for him to lose the arm too, then we can make "cost him an arm and a leg" jokes.

seanny may be right though, we only have the newspaper part of it

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Trying to imagine what a severed foot would smell like when cooked in an oven.

I'd hire him as my bellhop.
    Or he could enlist in the army and be a foot soldier...
    Yeah, i'm out of foot related jokes.

16. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

That must have made him hopping mad.
    @Razmos Probably like pork.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I guess you could say he got... Cold Feet.

18. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

Lol, my mum told me about this.. I couldn't believe it til I read about it myself.
    Being unemployed myself i know there are people who try so hard to avoid employment, but this takes the retard cake.

I hope he gets a job, either that or he gets his benefits removed.

19. Default Re: Unemployed man cuts off foot to continue claiming jobless benefits

Time to look for the foot joke skit in Family Guy. "I'm sure you'll like the taste of hops---ohhh..."

I wish I remembered what episode that's from. I know it's one of the newer ones, but if I had a clearer memory of it I'd grab it and link it.

Maybe, but I'm not sure how much you can skew cutting off your own foot and putting it in the oven. You could claim that it was an accident...but then how did the foot end up in the oven? That doesn't just happen, and feet don't teleport.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I remember the jokes you mean :D
    Can't quite remember the episode either though.