Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

http://localhostr.com/file/HxpN3tf/mmostatus.ico
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-03-30 at 04:43 PM. Reason: probably should have included it in the other post...

2. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

Quite sure I'll enter this.

3. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Sooo what ended up happening with this?

4. Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

Today would be the day that the mods results get posted. And today is not over.

Also I didn't like any of them and am debating a redo with more encouragement towards incorporating elements of the actual game companies.

Surprised how bland they all came out with no virtually no restrictions or preconceived notions about how they should appear. Expected creativity to show up.

5. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

That might be the key right there. While overbearing restrictions would be a minus, little-to-no restrictions can sometimes be a minus as well. I, for example, assumed that no game logos / artwork could be used, due to copyright concerns.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to see what the entries were. I know there are a few very talented people around these forums, hopefully they did enter.

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

You're not the only one.

7. Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

Joy of "fair use". Logos are out because that'd be implying partnerships, licensing, etc, but game character art and similar would generally be acceptable.

We're working out whether to keep going as originally planned, or expand the rules a bit and do a round two of sorts before continuing.

8. Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

I think it would help if you could give a bit more info about what you might want the site to look like (even a color scheme or a theme is enough) and if you plan on changing the background (I'm thinking you will).

Imo, a textured green background doesn't do much for inspiration.

If you allow the people to handle the banner and the background, it could net you even better results if what you are searching for is creativity. That is, assuming there are people here that are willing and able to do so.

And assuming designing and replacing the background + banner is not an extremely complicated process.

9. Default Re: MMO Status.net banner contest!

Same. Too lazy.