1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Reworked Trait System

The Trait System is rather poorly designed in my opinion. It was a neat idea, but the way they worked in the bonuses just doesn't make any sense to me. Not to mention the fact that Charm and Insight do absolutely nothing of use for players who get them past 30 (well, insight is okay if it can be gotten up to 100 I guess).

Anyway, here's how I think it should work.

First and foremost, all traits should have their max EXP per day raised to 1500.
    Secondly, items that give trait EXP should no longer count toward the daily limit.
    Finally, trait bonuses should be determined every level, not every 5.

Ambition

Empathy

Insight

Willpower

Diligence

Charm
    Last edited by Sorien; 2012-03-30 at 05:51 PM.

2. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

So your fix to charm is to make it necessary only to lv to lv 10 instead of 30, instead of making it easier to obtain but higher lv for pocket slot

3. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Honestly, bonuses should be every level, not every 5 levels. Instead of having level 99 willpower and +1900 HP, make it +1980 HP, since the bonus from 95-99 is the same.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Oh, I thought there were pocket items that required the player to be over level 120. Huh, I guess I'll take that bit out then. =/
    Maybe edit it to be something like summon duration.

I probably should have been more clear, but those formulas I stuck in where meant to be read every level and determine the bonuses for each level of the trait.

5. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

The other use for charm is to get those NX facial expressions for free. While it does nothing to improve the stats of your character, it's still a pretty nice add-on.

6. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Are you sure about that one? The ig trait window doesn't show anything like that for diligence.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

check which part of the forums you're on*

8. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

It's a suggestion. Most of his ideas are suggestions. Some already exist.

9. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

This is what he wants the trait system to be like, and the bonus that it gives. Not what we have right now

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Oh I see. My mistake.

11. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Answers in red.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

You made some pretty good points there. I'll tone down some of the benefits and see if I can think up something for alchemists. As for Charm, how about something like reducing the duration of abnormal status effects. Considering it's the hardest trait to level, I want to give it something pretty good so that there's a reason to get it past 30 other than extra emots.

13. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

- % Chance items will come with potential (Crafted). Determined as [(Diligence level)].
    ????

14. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Say you craft a Bunny Sassacre Fedora. The chances of it being unidentified are the same as your dilligence level. So level 78 dilligence will net you 78% chance for it.

15. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

78% since he suggested a bonus per level instead of per 5 levels.

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

O_O So I have lvl 100 diligence. By that logic, 100% of the items I craft will come with a hidden potential? That is way too broken to even be considered.

17. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Funny you said that, I edited that right away, or should I say minutes later.

It's not like potentials are usually good or anything. This would make things even with cubes, if anything. And only on clean stuff. The potential chance is already high now, kind of.

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE this system to exist, but it would pretty much break the potential cash cow in Nexon's mind. Sure you usually do not get good potentials, but at a 100% rate, you could just sit there all day whoring tons of unique and epic items. Sure this would in turn lower the prices of all items that aren't legendary, but this is both good and bad. It would destory most of the economy while at the same time it would help players reach higher levels of funding by much cheaper means. Like I said, such a system cannot exist if Nexon wants to keep making "reasonable" revenue.

19. Default Re: Reworked Trait System

Try crafting lv 80 stuff like that. Getting those materials aren't that easy.

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

If my items came with 100% chance of potential, I would spend all my time happily gathering the needed materials. You seem to be missing the point. Regardless of how hard it is to obtain the required materials, this system would break Nexon's gameplan to suck money from its players. Actually with 100% potential chance, I would be fine crafting 2nd tier gear to then sell and buy 3rd tier gear. Hell, you could even go fuse TONS of Empress gears. They are 100m a piece in Khaini (not capes or weapons obv) and you could just keep fusing them to get insane stats and tons of money.

Edit: Currently I get around a 25% chance of receiving an item with hidden potential after I craft it. I couldn't imagine how crazy it would be if every single item I fused or crafted had potential.
    Last edited by CrazyForDex; 2012-03-30 at 07:23 PM. Reason: realized some stuff