1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

buy wheels/safety charms/whatever they are called now today!

that is a very nice screenshot though, nexon really did it nice on such animation

2. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

You don't need wheels at Akyrum. Edit : Darn you, for editing your post as I was replying!

I f'ucking hate this boss. If not for the dying every half second due to either 99,999 damage, transformed party members doing 10k poison to you, 50k damage Damage Reflect, or seduce every half second, it's for the fact that I KEEP F'UCKING DISCONNECTING EVERY RUN, NO MATTER WHAT I DO. I don't get it. I've fallen victim to this curse so many times during my time in MapleStory and it just won't leave me alone. I'm always the guy who draws the shortest stick.

3. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

I have to agree with his animations. They look nice. His music is great too. Too bad he's such an ass boss.

4. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Everyone wants to be in my party for this boss. Apparently I'm the only bishop who realizes you can just cast holy magic shell right before he breaks your screen. ;D

5. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

I didn't know there was a Bishop Cygnus Knight.

6. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

'Cause you need safety charms as a lv120 cygnus knight.

7. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Okay, this f'ucking boss must be bugged in some way. I feel so bad asking these Japanese players to constantly retry so I can get at least +1 on the skill, yet EVERY SINGLE TIME, I disconnect. This is so god damn retarded. This is the worst bossing experience on MapleStory, even without the disconnecting. Period.

8. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

EXP is not the only reason a boss shouldn't be throwing around death as much as he does.

It just makes the fight aggravating and pointless. What's the point of him doing damage at all? It doesn't matter if I take 999,999, or 0, because I can just re-enter if he does the former. It's stupid. It makes Akyrum one of the dumbest bosses ever. As long as you can do the damage, it doesn't really matter what you do, because you can't lose unless you run out of time.

Also, what ShiKage said above. There's something wrong because it randomly disconnects. It's not our connection, we can do anything else perfectly fine...but the fight just randomly boots people. It makes this boss even more aggravating on top of what he already is.

9. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

God. About f'ucking time.

I had to get them to try so many times. That poor Striker... I think I figured out why we were disconnecting (since well... no one else was disconnecting). Skills that YOU have that reflect damage (Power Reflection and Energy Charge), combined with some random effect on Akyrum (Polantaris thinks it might be his Damage Reflection), makes you disconnect due to the client and server not communicating properly... or something along those lines. For Soul Masters, all we have to do is not use Power Reflection, but Strikers are screwed. >_> Thank goodness I'm a Soul Master. If that's the case, though, at least this will be possible to max out the skill, even if it's going to be hellish still.

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Running on 4 hours of sleep, realized my mistake as I hit post lol.

For once I'm glad that Akyrum drops are so worthless in my server, makes me not have to put up with this garbage you all are having. I was watching Takebacker go on a run with his guild and the summons were glitched so badly that literally the entire map was just a clusterf'uck of snakes auto healing constantly. Way too many too count, way too much bullpomegranate for me to care to attempt.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

He's supposed to have a limit to his summons. It's glitched, so there is no limit. :/

The cygnus one is going to be tolerable at least.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

I'm aware that he is glitched. That was why I said "the summons were glitched."

It may be tolerable because we don't lose exp upon death, but having to do it 7 times sucks pretty hard.

13. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Unless he's just not glitched in JMS in general, and it's a glitch in GMS in general...which would be horrible. I guess you won't know until you get Cygnus Akyrum in GMS.

This morning me and ShiKage joined the same guys on Akyrum twice (Once before midnight, then once after, so we got 2 levels in one day), and using no Power Reflection at all we never disconnected. Seems like it is indeed an issue with the damage reflection, unless we were just really lucky.

Still, happy we found a group for this so we can get it over with. Honestly, he would be a great boss if he didn't have so many annoying bullpomegranate attacks that instantly kill you or put you at 1 HP. I use about 200-300 Reindeer Milk a run.