1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default ambition ignore works or not?

i was under the impression that it did, but for shts and giggles (and because someone told me it didn't, and i had no evidence either way) i went and tried to test it, with weird results.

in the end using solely berzerk, and decent CO on castle golems, it seemed like it didn't work.

anyone else has tried this? the above was with no other sources of ignore pdr, just the 10% from set.

2. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

I don't see why it would suddenly stop working.

3. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

nor do i, but then again...

4. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

How about trying on a regular monster. You're trying on a mob in LHC and those tend to have odd properties.

5. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

Last time I was comparing 2 dark knights: My own character which has level 100 ambition and my friend's account which has level 10 ambition. I attempted to adjust both of its range to be around equal (3 difference, bleh) and tested on Castle Golems. Reminder that neither of these accounts use any total dmg or ignore PDR on their weapon/codex.

The result turned out to be bad. Both of these accounts were doing the same damage! It may be hard to pick it up, but I would expect couple of thousand damage in difference.

I wouldn't think ambition's ignore PDR would suddenly stopped working, I don't think it has been working at all since -_-, and next time I'll try it on different monster like the one in Stronghold.

6. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

Also @scholtex999; can you get a screenshot showing you doing damage that would be impossible if the ambition PDR was working?

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I have tested it in the past and it definitely worked.

I was using regular attack on Chief Oblivion Guardians (PDRate = 20) and hitting up to 89.96% of my range top.
    As a Hero I have 40% ignore def from Combat Mastery. If Ambition's ignore def didn't work, I could only hit up to 88%.

Of course this was at least one patch ago, perhaps more, so who knows? I'll check again if I get the chance.

8. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

Account 1 stats

Account 2 stats

Account 1 damage

Account 2 damage

As you can see from above, both accounts have done similar max damage (took me forever to get 99k+ and I have bad reaction) despite having level 12 or level 100 ambition. If Ambition PDR does work, then Account 1 supposed to do roughly 2.8k damage stronger. I couldn't test on Stronghold because other account is lower level than easiest Stronghold monster.

@SaptaTapta, I don't reply on calculating + testing because it may be inaccurate.

EDIT: I made another different test. On my Aran, assuming ambition's PDR did work then I would have 100% total PDR if I use FB. If not then 90%. Which means if I include codex that gives 15% PDR then it is not supposed to increase my damage as it would exceed 100%, but on my rough test I hit 294k on FB without codex, and 301k with codex. So that's my another evidence that ambition's PDR isn't working.
    Last edited by scholtex999; 2012-03-27 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Another experiment

9. Default Re: ambition ignore works or not?

Yeah guys let's ignore the statement of using it on regular monsters or boss monsters.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i haven't had time, huge exam tomorrow... today now <.<