1. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Well I've heard so many claims that 70% potential scroll has a better success rate than 90%. People can be really stupid sometimes. If 10% would be that unlikely to happen, then 10% scrolls would be sold at NPC.

Personally I've used around 20-25 90% scrolls and they have all succeed.

2. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I think this was at least...3 years ago now D:

3. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I've KPQ'ed recently and people told me not to kill the slimes. It's still alive.

4. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

6 years or more playing Maple and just now I hear about the White lady... lol

I wonder if I ever passed by her and didn't notice :D
    Last edited by byakugan; 2012-03-24 at 09:17 PM.

5. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Apparently she pineapples your pomegranate up (LOL UR BANNED NOW) so maybe not x)

I've known about her for maybe.. 2 years? I was in that weird part of YouTube again.

OMG FAKE!!!! this is clearly doctored.
    (I don't have any ss of them to share, I was too derp to know how to do it)

6. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I know, I've played for 6 years now. I didn't mean boots like the shoes. I meant boots as in getting booted from the party. People adamantly believed this back then, and apparently still do. So I would purposely kill the slimes to piss those idiots off.

7. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I remember an argument about 100%s having a 1/255 or 1/256 chance of fail, and looking at the source code, I think that may be true. I don't know.

Here's a myth for you folks: Does Maplestory run on a PRNG (like Runescape) or on a real RNG (like FE7)?

8. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

That isn't a myth...that's just a questions/discussion topic.

9. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

My god that brings back memories

10. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Yes I used to be a hene hoar.

11. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I don't think there is any such thing as a true RNG. Almost all "RNGs" that people refer to are actually PRNGs.

12. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Changed the post.

Maybe I should just add in "Doing X can affect X success rates." =o

Haha I'll add it in.

Do you really think I should add this in? It's really just ragers spreading this around.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

13. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

What I meant was that if the RNG is really random, and has an equal chance to roll between 0 to 100 on every roll, or if it's pseudo and it ends up picking a favored side and an unfavored side and switching them every X amount of rerolls like in tetris. Like the PRNG would pick (between A, B, C, and D) the C as the favored side, the B as the "slightly higher than usual" side, the A as ignored, and the D as the normal 25% chance of appearance, and keep this for like 10 rolls and then switch the sides for the next 10 rolls etc. Whereas a regular RNG would just have 25% chance to all four letters every roll.

There's probably a bigger argument to this that I'm not seeing here, isn't there?

14. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

A true RNG only exists conceptually. A computer uses no such thing. All things in a modern computer are deterministic and white box. Computers absolutely cannot be random. That's why only PRNGs make sense on computers. A true RNG may be possible with quantum computing, but that too only exists in concept at the moment.

All PRNGs that are worth anything are tested for randomness (that all numbers are suitably different from each other) and biases (that certain numbers in the output RNG are not prone to be certain numbers). For an example of a stream that cannot be a PRNG, look no further than RC4. The second and third bytes are heavily biased toward zero, so using RC4 is not suitable for a PRNG. However, you could use AES as a PRNG if you wanted to because all numbers are sufficiently random and have very small bias.

15. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

The monty hall problem is only valid because each choice eliminates an option from the list of possible outcomes and because there is only one person choosing and one choice that can be made. (There's only one set of doors).

It's so completely unrelated, mathematically, or even logically, to the situation as to be completely irrelevant.

16. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

why can't you guys see that I was joking about GMs

bvxbvzxbvnc

anyway, I remembered one, taking off your clothes for jump quests would better chances of doing better or have the illusion of going faster

edit: previous one is stupid lol

17. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

What is the white lady?

18. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I got a one, I got one!

If you click buy in 1 meso shop stores.... your items get sold instead!

Yeah, this is one funny myth right here...

Not like I saw a certain thread on this very same forum or anything alike....

19. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I used to do this ;_;

I take off my android and angelic blessing when I do them now though because there are TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS

20. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Probably stated but my favorite one;

Killing bob snail made any scroll work 100%