1. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I'd thank you for this, but it will solve nothing. There's no point in arguing with irrational people.

2. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

GMs are myths

Spoiler

3. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

That does not prove that dummy scrolling is possible, which was you're original argument. I have no idea what you're trying to argue now.

4. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

The whole reason behind bait scrolling is to get a feel of nexon's RNG you can see when xx scroll is likely to fail/pass by using bait scrolls you can see in real time what number the rng is on, and if ur fast enough you can get lucky and copy previous results.

5. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

That's still not an argument for why bait scrolling is possible. That's basing chance on an emotion, and emotion is not part of logic. How you feel at the current moment would not affect a pair of dice. How you feel at the moment does not affect a RNG.

Here, if you want to prove that bait scrolling works, I'll help you out:

PREMISE: {Put your premise here}
    PREMISE: {Put your premise here}
    THEREFORE: Bait scrolling works.

Feel free to add more premises.

6. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

This is so...
    Ugh, no dude. You can't "guess" a random number not even in programming where pseudo random numbers are used.
    You can't say that because your friend passed a scroll at 9:30 a.m. you will also pass a scroll at 9:30 a.m.
    Seriously dude... no.

7. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Except it is far from emotion, daily I use this knowledge of the RNG to help get drops/mine ores/pass scrolls, like I said it isnt 100% but I get much better results then something that is completely "random". Latest example without having a full set-up constantly getting 15+ C rank nebs in a row.

8. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

"It works for me" still is not proof for bait scrolling. Give me something testable and verifiable.

Until you prove in a logical argument that bait scrolling works, I have no reason to accept your argument and therefore dismiss it. I would encourage others to do the same.

9. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Its something proven time and time again in game....thru gach messages, making unigue gear back to back, getting lots of rare drops in a row. Yes on their own coincidence but when you look at the common factor of time you begin to see how crappy/predictable nexon's rng is.

10. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Give me something testable and verifiable.

Show me how to test it. Show me how crappy/predictable Nexon's RNG is. Give me a method. Give me something to work with.

All you're saying now is: "Nexon's random number generator is crappy. Therefore, bait scrolling works." The premises do not support the conclusion. Personal experience does not support a conclusion. Your premise that "Nexon's RNG is crappy" is unsupported. I doubt you've ever looked at their RNG code. Have you? I can show it to you. I'll provide it to you upon request. Then you can show me why it sucks so bad.

My purpose here is not to prove you wrong. I would love to learn something new (and actually, I'd love it if you would prove yourself right). But until you do, I feel like you're wasting people's time with personal experience and "it works for me" mantras that don't support your conclusion of bait scrolling working than any other time you've said it. You might as well believe that eating macaroni and cheese will improve drop rates because one time you got an 30% GFA when you did it.

11. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Best test for urself make a whole bunch of low lv equips and you should be able to see a pattern of what is potential and what is not, and sometimes even get 2 unique in a row. Or even better yet go mineing at purple veins I guess I'll ask a friend of mine to follow me next time I mine and record.

12. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I still can't believe every pineappleing time bait scrolling is brought there is someone adamantly defending it.

Spoiler

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

you have no idea how HRRRGGHNNNGH i'm going at this thread right now, mainly because i feel that yo is... well, you figure it out.

especially by the fact that fiel has asked thrice (or four times already?) for a what to do->what to expect, his modus operandi, "how does this pomegranate works for you", what a re the cues for X result, etcetera, and all yo says is "go mine and you'll notice the feel.

14. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

100% agree.
    For anyone not clear on the code there, the relevant part is;

Code:
    iSuccess = rankdom 32 bit number;
    if (iSuccess % 101 > Scroll->SuccessRate)
    {
       /* fail and do similar test for destruction if it has a Scroll->CurseRate */
    }
    {
       /* succeed */
    }
    Regardless of what the random number that comes back as, it will never be greater than 100, because it's being modded by 101.
    The highest value it can achieve is a 100, and since it's > not >=, it'd still succeed.

This logic has been around since the dawn of time, even MUDs typically used;
    Code:
    int number_percent( void )
    {
        return (number_mm() % 100)+1;
    }
    To do their probability tests since the early days.

15. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I can think up a few.

1. The old free haircut quest. supposedly if you stood on certain parts of the map it would give the "premium" hair (i.e antagonist for males and the black and blonde one for girls)

2. Wearing red skullcap increases scroll success rates.

3?. This is my own myth (ik it's bs) but I have a certain area in the FM entrance that I have always had greater luck whilst using scrolls.

In fact i know all of them are BS, and can prolly be proven wrong very easily.

16. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

DON'T KILL THE SLIMES AT KPQ, WE GET BAD REWARDS.

Who remembers this?

17. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Holy pineappleing pomegranate! I remember that one. I got so many boots for killing the slimes. Ironically we got bad rewards! Bwahahaha!

18. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

This started long, long before the shoes came into being. I had no idea it went on into recent years.

19. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

Sorry for bringing up the bait-scrolling topic again... although I don't think it actually works and neither have I any clue about the game's RNG or any other game mechanism I always thought that it was just some weird Math phenomenom.
    Something like the Monty Hall problem where probabilities change for the better (must agree that I'd never got that one either).
    So I've just drawn a probability-diagram and the chances for failing a 10% Scroll are obviously 90% whereas the chance of failing two scrolls in a row is 81%. (Yeah and I know that one could see these as two different events with 90% failure rate... just check this Monty Hall Thing, since I can't explain it)
    However I want to remark that I still don't think that "dump-scrolling" increases your chances (be it because of weird game mechanisms killing math, or just because it's illogical in general)

On topic:
    Adding points into LUK increasing your chances to get better drops.
    Or something like Bob the snail which isn't real myth either... can't think of anything better at the moment

20. Default Re: Maplestory Myths - know any?

I remember that!

OMG NOOB WHY YOU KILL SLIME!?