Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Exclamation The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

Hello everyone~
    I decided to post my story here on Southperry just to inform people (yes, I did the same on basil). I'm not looking for pity, I don't really think this can change my situation in any ways and I really doubt any GM would care if he sees this.

I guess a good starting point would be when I made my Kaiser's sword. I wasn't a heavy nx spender (I was more of a bosser), so it took me a while to make it, but finally, when philosopher's book came out I managed to get one of Windia's first Fafnir 2-h. Using the dozens of protections scrolls I got from the feather event, along with a few shield scrolls, I made this:

http://tinypic.com/r/o8c429/5

It's probably the crowning achievement of my Kaiser's career, it allowed me to start doing full empress kills. Maybe it's not the best sword, but it's definitely worthy of being an end-game, and considering how little it cost me, it really was worth it.

Since most of my income came from bosses (as soon as I finished that sword, I began to make easily 1~2b per day off bossing), the unleashed patch really hit me hard. But I'm not here to complain about the unleashed patch, everything has pretty much already been said about it. I started to play the new classes just for fun, exploring the new theme dungeons and stuff. A few weeks ago I decided to quit my kaiser and started taking offers for my prized gem, my sword. I gradually lowered my a/w, I really didn't want to sell it for too cheap. On September 11th or 12th, some kaiser named PantherCrust said he'd buy my sword for my a/w at the time (30b). After a couple of minutes of talking, in which he asked for my vouchers, etc, he agreed to go first (we can all thank Nexon for that brilliant 10b cap). The trade went smoothly and it's light-hearted that I went back to my WA.

We all know what happened after... Pretty much anyone who sold something that week got perma/30 day banned, followed by a week-long hellban, but for quite a lot of people it didn't stop there. I've been permanently banned on sept 23rd, along with a lot of other innocent maplers. Anyone that knows me also knows how much I hate hackers, how I constantly fought against them, how I've never used duped items and really how legit I am. I have never been banned before, nor found guilty of any actions against Nexon. But because I sold my sword to someone who was found guilty of exploiting mesos, because I sold it for a fair price, I've been permanently banned, along with everything I've worked for in Maple. Thanks to Nexon's policy of silence, no one beside the hackers responsible for it and Nexon's staff was aware that there was a meso exploit when I sold the sword. On Sept. 23rd, almost everyone who has traded high amounts of mesos with exploiters got permanently banned. I know some of you were unbanned thanks to this new Live Chat feature. Here's my only conversation with a GM, after nearly a week of attempting to contact one:

Greetings *** ***,

We apologize for any wait you may experience. You are number 1 in line to be helped with your issue.

Thank you for your patience!
    GM Panthiro: Thank you for choosing Live Chat! How can I help you today?
    *** ***: Hello
    *** ***: I've been trying to contact a GM about a ban appeal for a while
    *** ***: but the ban appeal option is broken
    *** ***: it keeps filling in a blank ticket automatically
    *** ***: I'm not sure if you can help me for my ban appeal
    GM Panthiro: I'm sorry to hear that your account was recently banned. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.
    GM Panthiro: The ban appeal option is currently not available since we only address ban appeals on a certain day of the week.
    GM Panthiro: However, I will go ahead and help you out the issue that you're experiencing.
    GM Panthiro: Please allow me a moment while I review your account.
    *** ***: ohh thanks
    GM Panthiro: I apologize for the wait, just another moment.
    GM Panthiro: Thank you very much for your patience.
    *** ***: oh np. Is there anything you can do? =/
    GM Panthiro: It appears that your account was banned since it was involved in the Meso Exploit and received a huge amount of Mesos.
    *** ***:
    *** ***: I sold a lot of things
    *** ***: before sept 15th
    *** ***: expensive items
    *** ***: I thought it could be one of these trades that got me banned
    *** ***: but I wasn't implicated
    *** ***: I never hacked =/
    GM Panthiro: I understand but you received a significant amount of Mesos just from selling Arrow for Bows.
    GM Panthiro: The Mesos that you received were not legitimate.
    *** ***: ohhhh that one
    *** ***: I don't know if
    *** ***: you have access
    *** ***: to trade records or something
    *** ***: but that was mesos I received for my sword
    GM Panthiro: Unfortunately, we will not be able to release your account at this time.
    GM Panthiro: Please understand that all users are required to play by the rules. For further review of these rules, please review our Terms of Use at http://www.nexon.net/legal/terms-of-use/.
    GM Panthiro: Did you have any other questions or concerns?
    *** ***: ugh -_-
    *** ***: well
    *** ***: can I do anything else
    *** ***: to get my account back
    *** ***: like submit a ticket
    *** ***: because of the max mesos any trade over 10b must be done like that... I couldn't know he was giving me exploited mesos
    GM Panthiro: Due to the nature of this situation, I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to release your account. Your ban appeal has been denied. Thank you very much for your understanding.
    GM Panthiro: Your chat transcript will be emailed to your including a survey. I thank you in advance for taking the survey http://Support.nexon.net/ics/survey/...ID=21&type=web
    GM Panthiro: Thanks for chatting with me! Happy Gaming! We ask that you participate in our survey that you will receive to your email shortly.
    Chat has ended

After years of hard working, struggling to avoid duped items, struggling to get into bosses despite the hackers blocking the way, this is how it all ends up. I'm not the only one in this case. A good friend of mine sold his 30% dex ring for 15b, which means he received 10b for arrows or something similar.

http://support.nexon.net/ics/support...uestionID=2052

According to these guidelines, I'm guilty of nothing, although those guidelines are really just a joke. According to the ToS, GMs can ban you at anytime without any reason, since your account isn't really YOUR account. At this point, I can't really do anything except inform other fellow maplers. I probably can't get my account back and as I said, I'm not looking for your sympathy, I just want to show you all how you can all lose what you've been working for. I enjoyed my time on MS, but now I consider that time as wasted. There's nothing left of lMira, there's no legacy, I'm not even on ranking anymore and I can't even come back to this game and play it like I used to. I can't force anyone to listen to me, but my advice to all of you is to give up before this game crumbles, as I'm not the only who's fed up of Nexon, and I'm not the only player going away.

TLDR: Quit.

2. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

For a second i thought our mira was gone.
    Just for a second.

3. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

For a 'Live Chat' that GM certainly uses a lot of obviously canned responses but very few brain cells.

'Happy Gaming' My god what an idiot that GM was, seems to consider trading above the max using arrows to be proof of collusion with the hackers...

4. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

This is the result of Nexon not knowing its own game.

It's a very common transaction to sell arrows as a payment for a bigger item, since the meso cap is still not enough. There are some items worth beyond 10b mesos.

Nexon's mind: Hmmm, he sold billions in arrows, why would he do that? must be a hacker!!

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nexon hasn't a clue what items are worth in meso, nor how trades for high amounts work. Sad thing is that if she'd sold that sword for NX, or real-world money, she would not have been banned.

My condolences, Mira. Have a good Nexon-free life.

6. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

As a funny note, there is no fair and legal way for me to buy NX. Nexon has blocked my Paypal and Credit Card usage, and there are no Karma Koin/NX Cards in my country. So I buy codes from chinese retailers. It's cheaper buying from these guys than using PayByCash and stuff like that, cause the taxes are crazy; I'm NOT paying 30 dollars for 20k NX, you can kiss my scrotum legitfreaks. Chinese guys only win 1-2 dollars per card code by reselling them.

The point is, I've gotten better customer service (and attitude) from the livechat of these chinese websites, coming from people who can barely write English. Says a lot, huh?
    Really sad to see how an international conglomerate can't do better.

I really hope that if anything, you get your account back to $ell or give away your items to friends.

7. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Sorry to doubt, but these lines...
    I mean, if what you are saying it's true that right there was some poor wording from you.

8. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

I'm very sorry to hear for your loss.. it's even more saddening reading the live chat staff don't realize how much the Maple economies have advanced meaning - we had to devise ways to trade items easily worth hundreds of dollars in USD for in-game currency while at the same time evading in-game taxes..

9. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

This actually was the case with my friend. His account was hacked through the MTS, and what did the hacker put up for the exact amount of all of his NX? An arrow.

10. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

@Aurtax;

A clear example of our frustration when we say that a lot of the staff is out of touch :|

11. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

It's not even something new. People have evaded taxes by selling arrows on the FM ever since they've existed. YEARS and YEARS of it.

Such a common transaction is in no way proof that someone is a hacker. And if they're banning anyone that hackers decided to buy off of, half the FM would be banned. Oh wait, is that why half of Windia's ch1 FM is empty now?

12. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

to be completely fair i can absolutely understand why they'd ban based on just that trade regardless of context

people who buy mesos from sites put shops up with arrows in em to get the dosh.

it looks suspicious as hell in the logs.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if hackers were the only ones to do that i'd agree with you... but truly everyone does, heck when i sell stuff to my friends worth over 1b i put a shop with arrows/all cures to evade the tax.

14. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

Except 100% legit players do it all the pineappleing time to evade the taxes, it is not suspicious by any means. Correlation is not causation. Far from it. You can tell from other details on each character's history about whether it's a shady transaction or not, which is what the problem here is. They don't bother looking further back.

15. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

EDIT: Nvm. I realize what that meant.

16. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

Of course, and it's quite reasonable to ban someone who receives 20 billion in hacked mesos in return for arrows while you investigate. But the GMs should (might not) be able to see the account's got a legitimate history of large-meso transactions outside the timeframe of the meso exploit.

I've paid for things 999999 at a time using arrows on occasion, it's not that unusual to want to avoid the taxes. Or to transfer more than the meso cap because some items are just worth that much.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

The tax on buying from a shop is lower than the tax on traded meso.
    Therefore, when people want to transfer large sums of meso, the receiver sets up a shop with some cheap common item (such as arrows, white potions, pet food, etc) for sale for the amount they want to receive. The sender buys up the item, thus transferring the meso at the lesser tax rate. (People with extra patience will split the sum, so for example instead of 1 arrow for 100m they're selling 100 arrows for 999,999 each. If the buyer buys them separately, the tax on each purchase is even lower. But I digress).

When it comes to trading in sums that are higher than max meso (which is 10b right now), there is no other choice. If you want to sell a sword for 30b meso, you have to set up shop 3 times and sell rubbish at least twice and the sword on the third (or sell rubbish 3 times and then trade the sword, same thing really).

Nexon observed that Mira sold arrows for billions of meso, which came from an exploit. This raised their suspicion that she was cooperating with the exploiters (or that she owned both accounts and was transfering funds between them). They could have looked at her ticket and gone looking for the transaction of the sword transfer, but they're too lazy.

18. Default Re: The result of the last meso exploit (RIP lMira)

Thanks. I got confused for a sec...

Also helpful to other particular readers who could potentially help Mira out....

-

Nowadays I think I'll never value mesos the same anymore. Too risky to use as a currency...

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

playing the game in general is too risky

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

You're welcome.
    And for any other possibly uniformed readers, I'd like to point out that transferring mesos without trading an item of equal value, is also not inherently a sign of illicit activity. For example, when my alliance goes on a CHT run, one person loots and sells the pendant, and then shares the meso with the other 10 runners (CHT is not that hard to kill, but it won't drop anything unless there are 10 people there when it dies). We use the shop method to hand out the mesos all the time. This is how boss squads have handled pay and splits since forever.