View Poll Results: Webcam hat match drawing?!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes

14 100.00%
  • No.

0 0%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Southperry Omok tournament!

Starts 10pm eastern tonight. Be on southperry.net for the webcam/drawing setup/omok sets

Alright Henesys Game Park, henesys channel 9. The game corner is the right of henesys. Meet ya guys there. depending how many show up at the game corner determines if I even bother with the webcam thing.

Spoiler
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2012-04-01 at 09:01 PM.

2. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

2 things:

-Can't we have one of our knowledgeable programmers on the site make a simple program so the matches don't need to go through MapleStory? Though I guess setting up so the program can actually communicate through the internet would be a bit harder =P

-Wasn't the Omok game mathematically solved for all starting positions? i.e. there's a clearly superior strategy that guarantees winning.

3. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

It's actually pretty easy to do an ajax one. Except I don't know the rules of Omok, at all.
    I barely remember it being a grid of varying sizes and a time limit, which would potentially have to be ignored or at least extended to play via web.

4. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

I'm sure @KhainiWest; would be glad to explain the rules if it makes for an easier way for people to participate in this.

Wut, mention tags refuse to work.
    I should learn how to type.

5. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Almost makes me want to learn how to play Omok, also expecting people to be mature with Money/NX at stake is crazy.

6. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Also google implies there are multiple online versions of it already out there...

7. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Seems to be an adaptation of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomoku

But there are different rule-sets, I believe the Maple version starts out with 4 pieces in it already and there's no rules of "three and three" or "four and four".

8. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

I'd gladly accept that but I'm not sure if maples rules are custom or actually official.

Checkers was, not Gomoku, which is omok from what I know at least. I've never experienced someone always winnning with the same strat.

It can be any length of board, typically it's 15x15 on maplestory I think. I'd have to see the board but I'm pretty sure it is. From people who play gomoku it's like a 25x25 board I think. The only rule (which I'm not sure is gomoku, or omok specific) is double 3. So you can't make a move that creates two 3's simaltaneously. Such as:

If I put the piece in the middle I automatically win, because you can't block two 3's at once. But it isn't limited too consecutive pieces, so moves like;

Where the x is where you cannot place it. Even though theres a space between them, because it creates two 3's it cannot be placed. If there was a spot to the right of the x you could put it there.
    Squares are moves that are prohibitted because of the set up

Also putting more than 5 in a row does not result in a win, so if you put 6 in a row, it doesn't count as a win.

EDIT: Ugh let me draw it on paint or something. Sec

9. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Just want to double check, but Nexon fixed Omok banning, right?

10. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Yes it has been fixed or I'm extremely lucky.

11. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

No cheating, pimento. We all know how much you need to feed your NX habit. All that......Mabinogi rebirthing....

12. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Shouldn't be too hard to do one in-game, considering now you only need 1 of each piece and a board, instead of 100 of each and a board.

13. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Man I'm so down for this yet lv20 in each world? :( I guess i got something to do later lol.
    An online / out of maplestory version would be easier imo.

someone should make an exact copy in a flash game.

14. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Actually that is kind of dumb, let me edit that. Everyone just hast to make one character in khaini(cus it's my homeworld bro). We'll discuss location later.

Edit: Fixed it. Only one character in one world.

15. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

That does make more sense, So now your in charge of getting a bunch of omok sets! Havefun :D

16. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Go make a basil thread for me linking this so that we get a lot more people then

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

ok, do i need to make my omok set or not? if not, count me in.

18. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomoku#Analysis

19. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

Oh, that's what I read, the 3v3 rule kept that from being exploited. And nah I'll collect boards, I can just buy 10 of them from MTS lol

20. Default Re: Southperry Omok tournament!

I thought Maple's omok had no such rules though.