Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

You try to teach these kids change management you are wasting your time here. I very much doubt they have the knowledge, patience or experience to understand the grey world of software design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance, as seen from the replies to your posts.

I do agree with you on your points. Its just that the more I understand the problem, the more sighs comes out with a hollow feeling that theres a lot that can be done, but yet theres only so much that they can do.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

I'm not a kid. In fact, I was a programmer myself for over 20 years, until I retired. Many of those years were spent at a large, ISO 9001 certified, software house. I know how software changes work.
    However, observing MapleStory, it becomes clear that Nexon does not work that way. They release bugs that would never have seen the light of day if Nexon had so much as code reviews. They have recurring bugs that prove they either don't have, or don't know how to use, version management tools.
    And, as I observed in my previous post, they have shown time and again that, when properly motivated, they can implement and release fairly big changes in a very short time, even if it isn't the sort of emergency that would justify such behavior in a "proper" development environment.

3. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

running out of pink bean leather

4. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

They're made out of Mini Beans.

THEY TOOK MAH BABIES
    pineapple all of you stop dragging me out of my plane of existence LOOK WHAT HAPPENS

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Nexon, that master Troll, has implemented compensation for those people who received 30-day chairs instead of the perma chairs they were promised.

It's a free chair gachapon ticket.

Of course 90% or more of chair gachapon chairs also expire in 30 days, but hey, at least we get a chance at a random perma chair, right?

6. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

I got an expiring chair that only restores MP on my Demon Slayer, cool.

7. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Glad you met Asiasoft, at least they can accurately name predictions to the world ending while Nexon is like "HAVE A MONTH"

8. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Forced to the edge of extinction lol