Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Poor words choice probably.

2. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Joining the bandwagon of people that thought the PBC was permanent.

What a freaking tease...

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

the chair not being permanent is what makes me say this patch is X value/0 for me. the only spark of interest is the wh buff and the acessories for att scrolls in my case, nothing else.(and barely the nebulites)

4. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

What a typo almost makes you feel sorry for Hime for all the flack she will get even though it’s nothing to do with her directly.

I don't like things like that though, they clearly could.

Would have been more accurate.

5. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Why exactly can't they offer a permanent PB chair? If they don't want to affect its rarity? Bit late for that. If it's such a big deal they could just make it permanent and untradeable, instead of this buIIpomegranate.

6. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

I am now glad that I haven't bothered with any events from this patch.

7. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

So they can make a CS item that makes the PB chair permanent.

"Hey maplers, sad that your Pink Bean Chair is time-limited? Well worry no longer! Introducing the Pink Bean Hourglass, extend the time on your Pink Bean Chair permanently, only 25k NX! Buy some NX today!"

8. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

They probably didn't know how to make it perm so they just changed the notice

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

So they should adopt AsiaSoft's solution, and make them last a few decades.
    The players might laugh, but they will stop raging.

10. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

And I thought this was a direct pineapple you to dupers making a million of pb chairs lol, nexon gonna nexon.

11. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

"We can hide anything from you guys."

This is the best way to gain consumer confidence.

12. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

I think it is merely a typo of can't

13. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

They have typos among typos..

I was only doing this event because of the chair :/ OH well I guess its ok..I'll have 30 days to sit on it at least..

Spoiler

shouldve known...shouldve known..

14. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

don't think it's hard to make a permanent pink bean chair since on kms the justice shop had one..

15. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

The permanent version is different item than the time-limited version. They have to do a couple things to make it happen:

1) patch the quest to give a different reward.
    2) replace the ones that have already been handed out

The issues with each of those -

1) They need this coded and a mini-patch issued. This kind of change request may not be able to be scheduled and/or may take longer than the event period to fix. It -seems- very simple, but it's still a hassle.

2) They may not have a way of determining which temporary chairs came from other sources and events and thus if they replaced ALL of the time limited chars, they would be upgrading chairs that were never meant to be upgraded. Again this sounds silly from the outside, but it is still probably a concern.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

2) It's very easy to tell which chairs came from the event. The ones whose expiration date is exactly 30 days from the day the character completed "Finding First Loves - Day 8" (or w/e the name of the quest for getting the 8th day reward is). It's probably safe to assume that any PB chair which expires between 20-28 April is from this event, but as I said, if you want to be certain, check the quest log.

1) There's no need to fix the quest. They can simply issue notice that "The chairs will be replaced with permanent ones in a maintenance on April 4th. Please complete the event as it is for now." Of course, we'd have to believe them...

The only real technical problem I can think of is that there is no permanent version of this chair in the data right now, so they really don't have any perma PB Chairs "in stock". They can't put something in our inventories that isn't in the data (without a patch).
    However, they can get around this by taking a page from Asiasoft's book, and making the chairs "perma" by setting their expiration date a few decades away.

17. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Sure, these are the things that I would do if I owned the game and it was a private venture. However, anyone who works in the industry will happily tell you that there is a piece of red tape that always gets in the way - Change Management. Change Management is the bane of all developers. It is supposed to exist to regulate code changes and additions across multiple versions of a product line. It is there to make sure you are putting things in the right place, etc. But, in practice, it gets in your way CONSTANTLY. With a company like Nexon who has multiple localized versions of each game product they produce, their code management software is going to be locked down pretty tightly. The smallest of changes that might take a few seconds still has to go through the entire internal change management policy. This would likely entail the following steps be followed (adapted from the Change Management policy in my own company):
    1) complete documentation of the error and its cause
    2) code location and proposed fix
    3) creation of a new test instance for version being corrected
    4) actual fix coded
    5) Fix tested and submitted for approval by the product manager
    6) new source distributed to the code base in use by developers of forthcoming content
    7) developers determine whether the change alters their work
    8) Product manager signs off on the change based on the recommendation of the other development team. If it is a minor issue with big impact, it will probably be denied.
    9) Distribution team creates plan to update the product.
    10) plan is approved and then scheduled
    11) Product fix is put into place and given final testing before re-opening the game to the public.

It's a ton of steps. Worse, though, is that no matter how small the change is, it has to go through all of it. Such is the life of a product development programmer, which I have been for 20+ years now. The issues I mentioned are not technical marvels that cannot be overcome. They are possible excuses for Nexon not to take the time to fix the issue because of the tremendous hassle they feel it will be.

TL;DR - Nexon is likely too lazy or busy to fix the problem.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nexon's code management is a joke. I don't know how long you've been here, but we have seen old bugs reappear when a new patch is applied, because "hot" fixes from GMS are apparently always done on the fly and never go back into the main development tree. It's pretty obvious at times that they run the game on a whim like a "private venture" as you put it.

Did you see how fast they changed the nebulite system when they saw were weren't buying it?
    Did you see how fast they changed Cake vs. Pie when it turned out to be an intolerable lagfest?
    Did you see them hand out a missing trophy instantly in a maintenance (and then neglect to give out the Ho Ho Ho one as well)?
    They can change things very fast, even when it's not a meso exploit or something else that is a gamebreaking emergency.
    They just have to want to.
    The only way to make them want to, in this case, is for the community to keep peaching.

Also, it's not a code change. It's a one-time database operation. A single SQL statement.
    They do this all the time. And hardly ever test it... Remember when they deleted innocent Explorers who had Cygnus skills, thinking they were hacked UA's? Yeah.

19. Default Re: Asiasoft's definition of "permanent".

Or third solution, give 5k maple points to people who started the quest before the glitch was announced.
    Then we can get our perm chairs from Justice shop anyway.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

According to @Locked;, the Justice chair is not the same. The one we get now has the player sitting on PB's head. The Justice Shop one has the player sitting in its lap, I think.
    And 5k Maple Points... eh. They are given out and they get wasted somehow. I'd rather have the (perma) chair.