Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [In Progress] Potential Lock Giveaway

1. Default Re: Potential Lock Giveaway

They never had to give us anything at all; you don't lose anything by not using or claiming something that is given to you for free.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Potential Lock Giveaway

The point of giving it away for free is so that people use it and then buy more because they'll realize how amazing it is.

If it worked like shielding wards, where it can be applied permanently until the next cube is used, then they would have a lot more people saying "wow, this item is pretty cool, i should give Nexon money because i want to use these more". Rather now they have people scrambling to charge NX in the next 24 hours if they weren't lucky to already have saved NX, maplepoints, or pre-bought cubes in order to actually use this. This as you can imagine is pretty distasteful for the vast majority of people.

The fact that you lose nothing by not using it doesn't excuse the lengths needed to do the opposite, and it works against Nexon to boot.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Wish we had working Cash Trade.
    I have about a dozen mule accounts, and no tradeable equip worth using this on (i.e., worth spending a cube on).
    Hey Nexon: If I could transfer all the locks to my main, I'd be buying an 11-pack of cubes for this "giveaway". As it is, though... ah well, I got better uses for $12 anyway.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this item is dead to me. i can only see someone using it if they got like, 9% main stat on a secondary line.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Wow, so the best it's even used for is getting 18% on an item and that's it? Nexon really knows how to buzzkill an item that had great potential (Pun not intended).

6. Default Re: Potential Lock Giveaway

Massive reEDITing action: I need coffee...

I can see the skeptic's side of viewing this: as a (bad) marketing ploy.

Giving out a free item that only some people can use isn't screwing people who make them money since no one is entitled to have anything for free anyway; it would be an entirely different issue if people actually paid for these items and unknowingly fell into a situation where they had to spend more money to make any use out of it and/or did not work as intended (Shielding Wards glitch is a great example).

If this was our compensation for something Nexon owes us, then I would be pretty pissed... but it's just a freebie ;o.

7. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You are missing the point. It is a freebie that is discouraging people from buying more of the item. The price is ridiculously high and you can't use it without also using a cube at the same time. If Nexon wanted a lot of people to buy this item, they should have done something along the lines of what Takebacker said. We aren't owed anything from Nexon, but it would have been nice if they didn't make this item work in a really stupid way.

8. Default Re: Potential Lock Giveaway

This is a lie, and I can speak from personal experience. They probably mean that you can only use one at a time.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

yo guys guys guys

go into cash shop
    click event tab
    check thoroughly the potential lock item