Thread: Bioware...

1. Default Bioware...

Due to all of the criticism and whining about Mass Effect 3's ending, the co-founder of Bioware announced today that they are currently making a new ending, with new details being released in April.

http://kotaku.com/5895215/bioware-is...ffect-3-ending

I'm... I think this is stupid. Regardless of how bad the endings were, an ending is entirely the property of the writers and theirs to mold as they see fit. Whining and crying shouldn't be enough to make people change what they wanted the outcome of their story to be. I hope this doesn't set a precedent for a bad trend.

2. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Bioware...

The important part is that Bioware caved in.

People asking for things to change in a game isnt something new after all.

3. Default Re: Bioware...

I've been avoiding single player since I started hearing the bad endings. There's no way I wanted to invest how much time I have and get a horrible payoff in the end. While I do think it's kind of silly that they're changing the ending, if done right then it could be really good. Perhaps a free DLC pack that amends the ending or something, but a patch that completely rewrites it would be weird.

Regardless, Multiplayer is addicting. Collecting all the things have proven to be extremely fun. :P

4. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

What the royal hell.

5. Default Re: Bioware...

I will laugh so hard if they charge money for this new ending. Along with a sigh knowing that this DLC will do amazing in sales.

I'll also laugh if that one theory people speculated is actually right and bioware takes credit for it.

6. Default Re: Bioware...

Someone actually sent a complaint to the FTC about BioWare failing to deliver on promises made with Mass Effect 3's ending.

7. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

by my knowledge, ME3 still had 3 or so endings based on choices. but they were still somewhat similar.

I have no intention of playing the series, but I can't see that complaint holding up since multiple endings DO exist in the game.

... right?

Also, what is it with Sci-fi genre and dissapointing fans on the 3rd go? Matrix, Star Wars Ep 3, Transformers 3 (okay the 2nd wasn't good either too), Spider-Man 3 (ok im stretching at this point but that spider was still radioactive.)

Edit: Just read a very well written article on the problem with the ending posted by one of the commenters. Loaded with spoilers, but Mass Effect never had my interest anyways.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/

I can understand a bit better now. not sure about the whole lawsuit thing though.

8. Default Re: Bioware...

The multiple endings are denoted by 3 colors.

That's essentially the difference lol. You aren't given any kind of information as to what happens after. All your decisions from before the final choice are meaningless.

IMAGINATION

9. Default Re: Bioware...

Also three different /* ways for Shepard to disintegrate */ .

10. Default Re: Bioware...

It's not unprecedented, a few offended fans with a particular scene of My Little Pony complained loud enough enough that Hasbro changed the episode for it.

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Spoiler

12. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I would agree with you, if it wasn't public knowledge that the endings we got weren't because they wanted them to, but because "they needed more time to finish the acutal ending, so the lead writer opt for this." They could have re-schedule a little longer, instead of making a rushed final product.

Still, the lead writer of Mass Effect 3 and some others involved already said they didn't want to make another ending. I wonder if Bioware will hire other people for it.

13. Default Re: Bioware...

It does press the question though; where does the self-expression of art end, and the consumer good begin? The term "starving artist" exists for a reason I suppose, but in the market compromises sometimes have to be made for the sake of sales and satisfying the market. I guess it just depends on the size and virtue of the company. Kinda on the fence about this. For example, I'd still like MML3 to go somewhere, even if in the hands of someone else; but would it then be just created for the sake of the fans, or a work it's own trying to convey a message? Hmm... I suppose though any direct sequel by it's nature is just in it to take advantage of a pre-existant demographic. ... Really though, can anything with the express design interest of gaining profits be considered expression, or are we just attempting to make the companies producing these things look better in our own minds? Bah, this just takes me back to that circular question I made a blog about a while back, "What is artistic creation?"

Though seeing as this works, I have a few games I could list that I'd like to see the endings redone for. (Radiata Stories, Epic Mickey (same reason as ME3 to be honest), Star Ocean 3, etc). Though at the same time, the fact that I disliked them actually keeps them in my memory, unlike some games that I actually liked the endings of, but can't actually remember the details of. So I dunno.

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I wonder what would happen if they didn't tell anyone they you had to pay for the good "real?" ending. There would be a lot less complaints, I guess.