Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

I don't know, I would think they'd earn more in the long run with a user friendly system. Tricking more people to drop a few cubes to get to A rank, as compared to the very few who would even bother as it is right now.

2. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Carta's pearl is coming out?

My body is ready.

3. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Maybe they noticed the system wasn't giving enough profit as it was and decided to tone down the money-grubbiness to see if it attracted more people into it.

4. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

I am just hoping that the Potential Lock isn;t a one-time use item. If it can lock a line for a whole day or something, then it will be useful. Otherwise, it's overpriced junk.

5. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Lol fat chance. It will take one per cube, mark my words.

6. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Well, you got me there.

Fine Nexon you win, I'll buy your stupid NX just for a chance to get a good A.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Obviously. Same as wards and other protection-type cash shop items.

As for whether that makes it overpriced junk, I guess somebody should do the math.
    Suppose I have a unique item with 9% mainstat on the primary line, and junk on the others. I want to get 15% (without trying for Legendary). Would it cost me more to keep using regular cubes until 15% in any combination comes up, or to keep locking that 9% line and attempting to get 6% or better in the other 2?

8. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Hmm.
    What exactly is carta's pearl?

9. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Hides the Mercedes elf ears I think.

10. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Also gives you mercedes ears.

11. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Wait, so non-Mercedes can get the ears too if they buy/use the pearl?

12. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Assuming primary stats are about 1 in 20 per line (to get the one you want) getting 15% via 9%+6% means locking in one line (1/20 to get that line) and getting at least 1 of the other 2 as well (39/400) or about 1 in 205.

Whereas if you do it with cubes, it'd be 1/20 to get the first line, then lock that in for another 39/400 to get a second one. For a total of ~10.25 cube+locks, 20 reg. cubes.
    You save a bit by locking the first primary stat line you get - then it only takes 1 in 7 regular cubes to hit that line, plus 39/400 for the second one.

Hitting the third line would presumably mean 2 locks per cube, and take another 20.

These numbers are gonna be fairly typical - 1/n + 3.5/2n (of cube+locks, assuming locks cost 2.5 times as much as cubes) vs. 1/n*2/n
    setting them equal, 2.75/n = 2/n^2
    n = 1.375 is where they meet up. That is, if a potential happens less than 1 in 1.375 cubes, it's better to protect scroll to get 2 lines of it.

Bit rushed on the math, but you get the gist.

13. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Yes.

14. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Just seeing this now, not been around to farm boxes oh well. The changes are still cool though, but I shouldn’t get to excited until I see what rate boxes give c/b grades. Fusion sounds interesting too to get rid of the d's

15. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

With the increased cubing chance and the ability to "start" with a Rank B (from boxes or fusing... and not just the pineappleing drill boss quest!), I might be one of the ones tempted to cube -- and I've never cubed anything in my life!

Thinking about trying for the decent skills to share with ALL of my characters. Guess we'll find out whether I'll actually break my 7-8 month streak of being NX sober. (Except for freebie maple points of course!)

Glad I managed to farm 4000 + 1900 + 300 + 2200 = 8400 boxes before I went to bed!

16. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

In before the chance of obtaining C-rank Nebulites is 0.01%.

Just kidding, but this just had to happen after I opened a few hundred boxes =(

17. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

I demand to know the significance of having 8,400 boxes.

18. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Max slots?
    EDIT:
    My bad, max is 96.
    Max slots with some room for pots then...? :x

19. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

I managed to get 1400, forgot that I'm an hour closer to Americatime now though so I couldn't get more.

20. Default Re: Scheduled Server Maintenance - 03.21.2012

Because it's better than 8,399.

It's just how many slots I happened to have on my main, my wife's main, our storages, and a cannon/merc/storage on a mule account. Didn't feel like filling up another character as it was already 1:30-2 am at that point.

Rashes + Pet + 3rd comp for the mule = wonderful.