Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: >Never gets an answer

you two gotta be kidding me...

2. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I don't see why the banning notices causing hackers to stay offline was counter-productive. Whether they're banned or offline, they're not hacking. It's the same concept as a police cruiser sitting on the side of the road that makes everyone slow down -- without even having to pull anyone over. The knowledge that the police exist and are visible is what contributes to lower crime rates (criminals are more scared of being caught).

If the wall of blue notices in the chat box is too obtrusive (interferes with talking to your friends), then why can't they restore them in the little "5-10 sec smega" area above the chat box? Just please don't use the scrolling marquee at the top... unless the line of buff icons gets bumped down when it appears!

3. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

We're talking about this NOW?, when the problem has been there for pretty much all of maple's existence?! Blue ban text was cool and they shouldn't have gotten rid of it, but then again, it didn't even help that much as so many easily-spotted hackers escaped bans just as much then as they do now. Reporting never worked, trying to ask GMs to help never worked 99.9% of the time, and it still doesn't now, tickets don't work, nothing works because Nexon doesn't care. Why would they start caring now if they haven't been caring for the entire span of the existence of the game? If they don't care, why are you still foolish enough to still be playing? Let the hackers and cheaters inevitably kill the game...maybe something good will come out of it.

4. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

I keep mistaking you for @KhainiWest
    People keep playing for a multitude of reasons. The damn game turns out to be incredibly addictive, even if there are a ton of hackers and pimentos attempting to milk the game for all it's worth. I play KMS, I've semi-quit even that, and I still occasionally log into GMS just because it's amusing to play there sometimes.
    This question has been asked in various forms probably several hundred times. It's not a new question. There's really no point in asking it.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

It's a rhetorical question. Yep, game is addictive and still has some really fun aspects left in it, but to not see where it is going (down the crapper - for GMS at least), is naivete. That's all I'm saying. There's no hope for it at it's current state. The company will always be a crony capitalist and the players will always be deviating to collectively unmanageable unless something completely drastic happens...and there's nothing to suggest that a vast improvement will be happening any time soon.

6. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

It is going down the pomegranatehole currently. That is true.
    There is actually hope for it. Stop pronouncing your predictions of doom as the one and only truth. Unless you happen to have a time machine, all you can do is predict.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

In my mind, my predictions of doom are the one and only truth. My story is like a sports fan being disappointed year after year because his favorite team keeps losing due to pomegranatety management. After years of hoping for a winning team despite countless pomegranate-fests of games, the fan finally comes to the realization that unless the owners of said team were to actually lift a finger, or resign, nothing will change...nothing except the team getting worse and worse until it ultimately gets removed from the league due to its intense suckfulness. Maple is that team and Nexon are its owners. We are just gullible fans still gullibly spending our time and money on them.

That said, I agree with you. It is nothing more than predictions. But they are based on years of evidence in the form of a downward spiral, so I think my perceptions of truth are valid regardless of whether they already happened or didn't happen.

edit: grrammir mistake fix luls

8. Default Re: >Never gets an answer

There are the two key problems with what you're saying. It's subjective. Of course you think what you're saying is the truth, why else would you be SAYING IT? What you see is not necessarily what reality is.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Fancy fragmenting of quotes to try proving a point do not always prove a point. -See? I've stated that as a fact even though I hope you'd see it as an opinion.

So? Why have a quip with that? An opinion is an opinion, and I've already acknowledged my claim as a claim whether or not I've stated it as an occurrence of inevitability before it even happened. Reality is in the eye of the beholder. What the general public of Peru can perceive to be the color white, the general public of Guatemala can perceive to be not a color at all. Facts and reality are just a generalized opinion in many instances.

IImaplers: "the game will meet it's demise for sure."

IImaplers: "I think the game will meet it's demise for sure."

They both mean the same thing in an online OPINION forum.