Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

I don't have ABP enabled for this site, and although I was seeing the ads just fine yesterday the chinchilla banner has taken their place with every page I visit.Did something change?

2. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Nope. If you're 100% sure it's nothing directly on your machine your school firewall may be blocking them, or tampering with them.

3. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

That's possible since they've been having issues with the wireless lately. Even disabled ABP altogether and that didn't change anything and I haven't touched any other settings between earlier this morning and now.If it is something they did hopefully they change it soon.Edit: What's also interesting is that whenever I make a new line in a post it automatically attaches itself to the end of the previous sentence, as you can see. Huh.

4. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

What do you see on http://www.southperry.net/test.html ?

Both visibly and in the source.

5. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Spoiler
    I can't see any of the advanced editing options now so I'm sorry for it being a link instead of a picture.(got it. It's just IMG instead of IMAGE ) I hope I did that right.If this is just me I wonder what the hell is going on.

6. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

There's an entire javascript chunk missing from that page between the div and the javascript that's visible, so something is stripping it.

If you view source instead of inspect element do you see the same thing?

7. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Hate to say it, but I cleared my cache and everything's working as it should.

Bizarre​.

8. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Odd.

9. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

End of month results are in;

Those last 10 days post plea made nearly double what the first 20 days of the month did, which is a resounding success considering we only saw a 10% increase in ad penetration.

We're hoping the numbers stay up, or improve, to ensure we stay a worthwhile expenditure of Fiel's time and resources.

10. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Oops, never thought about that, sorry. Disabling AdBlock on Southperry domain. Can I has my Chinchillas though..?

12. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

I'm using Chrome and have no adblock extensions installed. I don't know why but the ads aren't showing (on my computer, at least). They display fine on my phone, but I'm clueless as to how to whitelist Southperry with chrome. e_e

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: A heartfelt plea

Could you be blocking the ad sites at the HOSTS file level?

14. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

What's that? How do I undo it?

15. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

16. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

OK!

17. Default Re: A heartfelt plea

C..Ch...Chompy.....

19. Electron
    IGN: Thomas1985
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Pegasus
    Alliance: Odyssey
    netherlands

I had some trouble white-listing ads on Southperry using Firefox with NoScript and Adblock Plus. After some research I found the perfect fix. I hope it will be helpful to someone:

1. Whitelist southperry.net in Adblock Plus (has been mentioned before: go to Tools>Adblock Plus>Disable on southperry.net).
    2. Whitelist the following domains in NoScript (right click>NoScript>Allow domain.extension:
      • googlesyndication.com
      • doubleclick.net
      • turn.com
      • 2mdn.net

Spoiler

3. Add the following custom rule to NoScript's ABE to restrict access to the white-listed domains for all domains but southperry.net.
      To add the rule: right click>NoScript>Options>Advanced tab>ABE tab>Select ruleset "user">paste code>click enable>click ok.
      Code:
      # Allow southperry.net to open advertisements, restrict others.
      Site *.googlesyndication.com http[s]?://.*doubleclick.net.* *.turn.com *.2mdn.net
      Accept from *.southperry.net *.doubleclick.net *.turn.com 
      Deny
      Spoiler

4. Done, enjoy!

If you want to support southperry (the webpage has to load the ads), but don't want to see the ads, or have them take up space on your screen: install the Firefox addon "Greasemonkey" and create a userscript to make the advertisement DIV elements invisible. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the script I wrote here. Anyway if you're tech savvy: set the element to element.style.display = "none";
    Last edited by PyroKing; 2012-04-25 at 01:48 PM.

20. Electron Male

IGN: GigaKiya
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: asabiMast3rs
    Alliance: WasabiLegend
    usa

I unblocked the site just for the Minccinos chinchillas. They were too cute to resist :<!