Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [TV Shows] The Legend of Korra

1. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

I never thought of it this way, but watching Korra learn about airbending makes this miniseries seem kind of like a "Book of Air" to really complete all four elements of the Avatar series.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: The Legend of Korra

That's a great point.

Also, inb4 the neutrals have found a way to take away bending through technology and use it to f'uck the world up.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

It's been shown they employ the sort of martial arts that Tylee used to disable bending. It also makes sense considering bending is mainly ranged combat. The Equalists specialize in melee combat.

4. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

It does kinda seem like that, but there is going to be a second season of this. I doubt they'll name it an element, but yeah.

Second episode continued the awesome. Now for the (presumably) long wait until episode 3.

5. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

Next season is going to be "Book of Metal". Hahah, just kidding.

Probably something to do with spirituality.

6. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

I was thinking something along those lines, or mastering the avatar state. They made it pretty clear in the first episode she doesn't really get the spiritual side of bending at all... so unless she masters that alongside air bending from Tenzin, getting control over the avatar state is going to be quite a challenge for her.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

The fact that this series has started has given me a reason to start watching the original series, i'd caught a few episodes of it on tv years ago and thought the idea was awesome, saw the live action film and thought, again, that the idea was awesome (but the film was rubbish).

Currently on around episode 17 of the Book of Water, and i absolutely love this series so much. It's so funny, so well acted, so well animated, i can see why it's had such a massive success.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Season 1 finale: YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Season 2 finale: OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD
    Season 3 all the way through: *fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*

You literally haven't seen anything yet.

9. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

I dunno about fapping(pretty damn close to it, though), but you're pretty much right when it came to reactions for me as well over the original series. Season 3's finale, and hell, the entire second half of the season, were all pure amazing.

I didn't know Korra was coming out so soon, last I heard it was delayed over and over for various reasons. I am excite. Time to search torrent sites for some HD episodes if they exist already. Yeah I know they're uploaded on various video sites...but it's really not the same as watching it in full HD off my Harddrive.

Edit: Watched it. They're trolling us with Zuko's Mom, seriously.
    Tenzin's children are hilarious.
    Overall, of the first two episodes this definitely feels like a great continuation for the series. I still have some unanswered questions, but I didn't expect them to all get answered in the premiere (Like, where did they find more Flying Bisons? I thought they were all killed and Aang had the last one. Tenzin called it something, but it definitely wasn't Appa...unless I'm deaf).
    Last edited by Polantaris; 2012-03-28 at 09:19 PM.

10. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

I am going to watch the first episode of this bullpomegranate because it's so pretty.

11. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

I thought it sounded like he called it Boogie. :(

12. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

I almost want to go back and find it, so I can turn my speakers up and hear what he called it.

Regardless, it still leaves the question of...where did more Flying Bisons come from? I thought that Appa, like Aang, was the last of his kind. The only difference is that Aang didn't need another Airbender to make more Airbenders...but I'm pretty sure Appa would have needed more Flying Bisons to make more Flying Bisons.

13. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

Alright, Episode 1 was pretty good.

How many episodes are available currently?

14. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

Two. Probably going to be a month before we get the third, considering it hasn't even officially aired yet, and isn't supposed to until 4/14 or something like that.

Side note, did anyone notice the new intro has only Avatars?
    Kyoshi for Earth, Roku for Fire, Adult Aang(I suspect, kinda hard to compare it to a statue) for Air, and Korra for Water.

Edit: Oh and I went back to the part with Tenzin's Bison...he definitely called it Boogie.

15. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

maybe Air Bison can reproduce asexually? o_O

But that would be weird to know that Appa could reproduce with himself.

i call clone.

16. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

Ah, lame. This seems like the kind of thing that one would be better off watching in a few sittings like Cowboy Bebop

17. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

I thought it looked like his son. Not sure.

18. Default Re: The Legend of Korra

The person they showed didn't have the beard. Plus it would make sense, since that's the order of the last four Avatars as well.

19. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Maybe in traveling to the different temples collecting ancient artifacts to put on Air Temple Island when building Republic City, Aang happened to find a hidden herd of flying bison. Momo somehow still existed 100 years later, so... I don't even know.

At least the first series, they established that all air nomads are benders, so it makes sense that any of his children with Katara were air benders and not water benders and so on. By this theory, ALL of Aang's descendents should be air benders, then, I think?

20. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

He actually said Oogi. That's the name of the bison. As to how appa reproduced is beyond me