Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

It shouldn't do that.
    It doesn't in KMS at least.

2. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

So, are there any hypotheses that still need testing?

From what I've gathered in the thread:
    1. Having more than one item of the Empress Set on will prevent MP gain
    2. %HP and (Decent) HB do nothing against MP gain
    3. Putting the equipment on inside can prevent #1 from occuring?

I have 5 pieces of the set to work with and three times to sacrifice myself for SCIENCE!!!

Should I also test other sets (Level 130 PvP, Larson's, Rising Sun) for this occurence?

-A MAGE that has trouble finishing (LOL) because I, too, run out of MP.

3. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Once my game's patched, I'll take another run through to see whether it does. Will edit post. (also need to get out of the Alien boss fight)

4. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

If you're talking about being stuck in that room because you already attempted it five times, quitting and logging back into your character should spit you out into the exit room.

Edit: I just tried going into dojo naked and my mana regen worked just fine. It went back to 3 mp per tick when I put my equipment back on, though.

5. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Didn't SS, but yes - the timer when you enter a round after the sauna is at the same second as it was when you left the previous level. (unless you get a buff).

edit: how much MP are you guys getting from the regen? My lv. 118 Aran, 1459 MP gets 97 per tick, and when I tried changing gear inside (to +mp gear like the maple alliance badge) it stayed the same amount.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

It has nothing to do with %hp directly. I can personally confirm that CHTP and decent HB did not interfere with MP regen.

Having ANY level of Empress set effect cancels the extra MP regen. I can't test if other sets bonuses cause this since I only have one so go ahead and test. Putting on equips inside changes nothing.

I was able to finish getting ~100MP (didn't count) per regen cycle

7. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Hey Guys,

Read through this thread but just want to clarify and see if I understood correctly. So if I were to replace every piece of my empress set except the bow and replace it with say the legendary maple armor set or w/e I can find, I would be gaining ~100 mp per 4 seconds throughout my entire time at dojo, thus allowing me to actually finish dojo granted i have the dps?

Will the mana i gain over time compensate for the loss of major DPS from the empress set bonus?

Sorry if this makes the thread slightly repetetive, but I just went through my 3rd attempt only to run out of mana on the last set of bosses, so I don't have any more tries to test this with D:. I just want to confirm if what I got outta this thread is correct so I can try for it again tomorrow :D

8. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I don't know for you specifically, but unless your legendary maple set is pretty well scrolled or potted, I can't see this ever being true.

9. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Most of my empress gear other than the glove and bow are currently relatively untouched ;(

The way i was hoping it would work is that...seeing as I'm left at ~500 mp after pap, having that passive 100 mp gain over several seconds will at least allow me to continue at a steady pace rather than being forced to sit after pap and regen at 50mp per 10 sec on my pumpkin chair

10. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Thought it was already said that any items that give set bonus effect will block you from getting that bonus mp recovery. If this only applies to Empress set, then thats good I guess. Unless you'd deequip and reequip in inside the dojo but like CrazyForDex said, you really not going to be able to make up for it.

11. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

% hp potential some equips
    Two empress set pieces

My Aran kicked the pomegranate out of easy mode dojo thanks to my discontinued musical note chair I got from golden temple that heals 100 mp/10 sec for me in between boss rounds. The time spent in between boss rounds is not counted to your total time, at least in easy mode anyway.

I'm gonna need like 150k range and 4k starting mp from buffs/gear to do ranked.

12. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

My BaM had absolutely no problems with MP (I have about 6-7k MP iirc). Well... I'm lvl 136/7 and I could (very nearly, left 10% on final boss) finish the entire run in mode 3. I have... hmm... an above-average equipment set that gives max damage range of 18k after all my buffs and the Dojo attack buff (the bigger one). Absolutely no problems, serious. I only had an extra GEE with 20MP/4sec to bump up my MP recovery, that's all.

Hadriel

13. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Just an update:

I am now able to clear dojo!

I socketed some of my older gear with 24mp/4sec (dep star/kentas goggles/6% dex earrings/rudolph nose) in order to compensate for the fail mp regen with my empress set. I lost about 7k range by doing this but at least now I can finish and ranked