Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

i got to frankenroid and ran outta mp.
    that was it, i gave up

i can't even strip off all my gears to test because of the sheer amount of locked items i have.
    i'm not about to go buy dozens of slots just to test this lol

2. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I use a CZak and CHTP, have 12% HP from potential, and have Decent HB and I still recover MP relatively quickly, even while moving around.

3. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

does pirate blessing count as %hp? cuz of the 5%hp/mp

4. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

apparently not, since I recover MP fine in dojo with it

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I haven't been able to figure it out exactly, but I think the glitch in MP recovery (recovering 3Mp instead of ~100) must be related to set effects maybe even empress specific.

Using all of my tradable gear, my MM gained ~100 mp while using CS link skill and decent HB. Obviously these two skills are safe to use.

When dojoing with my BM I initially entered with a CHTP and 3 set effect from empress equips (hat, glove, weapon if it matters), yet only recovered 3 FAKING MP. Even after removing these equips in combination and separately (still in dojo) I continued to only recover 3MP

After reset, I will attempt to enter again this time with my empress gear unequipped to see if this isolates the problem. My DrK friend had the same problem while using full empress set. This bug makes dojo ludicrous.

I'll reserve judgment until I can dojo under normal conditions, but this looks insanely unbalanced due to MP restrictions.

6. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

One word... Frustrating!

A huge kick in a crotch is the fact that these bosses don't drop any loots that heal, especially your MP. That means you are forced to wait till your MP is fully recovered if you drained most of your MP after you defeat the boss. Even with max Self Recovery, I still recover MP slowly while sitting!

Don't even waste your MP on a boss if you get darkness status inflicted, that will screw you over BIG TIME!

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

OK I've isolated the glitch. If I use more than 1 empress equip I lose the additional MP recovery and dojo becomes impossible. I don't know if this applies to other set bonuses as well.

I guess the good news is, since I only have glove, bow, and an uncubed hat I won't really lose any damage in dojo once I get my initial glove.

8. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

My Aran didn't run out of MP until Ani, at which point that ~100MP/5sec wasn't good enough. And Full Swings are only 26mp per ~1 second cast. It's not wearing any set items.

9. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I unequipped all my empress equipment and still wasn't able to get any mana regeneration on my Aran. I feel like there must be multiple different things that affect whether or not you get any regen and I feel like the %HP Arans get from High Defense now is one of them. Looks like I'm gonna have to grind empathy and spend lots of time sitting in the waiting rooms in dojo if I want a pair of gloves.

10. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

they expire after 24 hours, don't be too serious about it lol.

11. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I mostly want it for the trait bonuses and to see how much better it would make me. It took me slightly over an hour (according to the Dojo timer; it took more than like 2 and a half hours including the time I sat in the break rooms) to beat dojo by sitting and waiting for my mana to regen and killing bosses with body pressure when my 3.1k max mana didn't cut it. Luckily I'm on Zenith now so I'm almost guaranteed some kind of gloves even though I'm also virtually guaranteed the worst time.

Also, I probably won't be doing that again until this is fixed (so probably not for months or before I stop caring about Maplestory).

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

with all my gears on, including a czak, rex earrings, and 10% hp potential i think, i was still recovering the 95 MP every 4 seconds or so, i did enter dojo naked, and then equipped myself inside though.

even with HB, i recovered the mp.

also: *points to achievement thread.

13. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

If it's really that simple, I think I might have to go find some small animals to strangle.

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

mind you, the mp recovery was anything but enough anyways.

15. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I just tried entering with alternate equipment on for only the same thing to happen. Anyway, the whole thing sounds fishy to me but I assume you get more mana regeneration based on your base mana upon entering, meaning that you could get more worthy regen by increasing your max mana without glitching it. Anyway, I'm too tired and frustrated to do any more but tomorrow I'll try going back in completely naked and then equipping/buffing after getting hit by Mano.

16. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

It seems to be true, my mana won't leave maximum even using skills that consume a lot of it (+Elemental Amp) and taking 80% of the damage to my MP.
    I haven't managed to complete the PQ though, I didn't have enough HP by the time I reached the poison golem. Having no HP regen skills sucks and I should get more Willpower so I don't get sealed that much.

17. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

So, entering naked then equipping everything while you're inside will allow you to heal? I went in without any %HP stuff on and wasn't recovering anything at all. I have an empress dagger and glove on but nothing else from the empress set, and I cancelled/took decent HB off a macro.

Edit: right, took off the gloves and used another pair and it worked fine. >_>

18. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

I went in today and shaved off about 10 minutes from what I did yesterday (45'23 ~> 34'50) by positioning puppet more properly, stfu-ing during everything, basically actually caring about the whole thing

It seems like the time counts when you're in the resting spot.. no timer in there either.

Also a small little fun thing I found equipping the gloves without a CS cover: an effect behind me!

19. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Any proof? I'm pretty sure this is untrue.

20. Default Re: New Mu Lung Dojo. Ehm... Is this supposed to be like this?

Someone was complaining about it earlier
    I wasn't paying attention to timing when I went inside myself