Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/New...ontentNo=00Djg

2. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

1500 NX per. Also, "To get your hands on Nebulite, aid Icebyrd Slimm in his battle against the aliens invading Masteria. Completing his repeatable quest will also give you Beyond the Stars Coins, a galactic currency that can be traded for Nebulite. Just talk to NPC Pico in New Leaf City to purchase your Nebulite! Some monsters also drop Nebulite boxes, so keep an eye out for them while hunting."

Hmm.

3. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

chance to break the item?

4. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

I'm actually okay with this system. All in favour of sockets completely replacing potential?

5. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

can you cube sockets outside of the itme? So you can upgrade it before you set it?

Also wondering if you can buy the highest order ones with coins o_O

6. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

So you can transform your D rank nebulite into C rank and so using the cubes?

Or you can hunt them. I like this system. I just hope Monster Book shows who drops what.

7. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

If I can't socket my Lionheart gear. Imma kill a bitch.

8. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

That's the way it MUST be done. Once the socket is full, that nebulite is gone.

9. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

I'm definitely in favor of sockets over potential, purely for the fact that you know what bonus stat you'll get BEFORE you attach it to the equip.

Wonder how hard / tedious the repeatable quests is. Also, I wonder if you get a RANDOM nebulite from Pico, or if he's like a regular store where you can just buy a Grade A provided you have saved a lot of coins.

10. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

Yeah going to let everyone else tests this first before I use it on my own gear. lol

11. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

Wonder how long it will take them to add more sockets, this system reminds me a lot of Diablo 2's socketing system and that could have up to 6 sockets for weapons...

12. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

From other posts by Nexon, it seems you buy low quality/basic ones from the NPC by trading in coins.

I'm guessing when they say some monsters can drop nebulite boxes, you get a randomized nebulite when opening those boxes?

13. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

Inb4 Multiple Sockets and Nebulite Words

ohgod BOTD.

14. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

I just hope the droprate is good. Then it'll be perfect.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

indeed, so far this system works exactly how i thought i'd work, i'm expecting the nebulite boxes that can be dropped to be separated by rank, kind of like monster cards.

"A rank nebulite box"
    "S rank nebulite box"

etc.

16. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

Most likely this. I imagine only D or C being sold via NPC, MAYBE B but definitely not A.

If I had to guess drop rate, it's probably close to a potential/EE scroll dropping. That would make it common enough but not flood the market nor make it impossible to get.

Edit: @Shinku: I don't remember seeing any nebulite stuff in the extraction, but if it's there maybe the chance of something popping up is in the client (like other random boxes e.g. Ani Box). I feel though it'll be 1 box and it'll give you any type of nebulite. I'm hoping for different ranked boxes as well but I doubt it. Hopefully the boxes are tradeable so it's sort of like the MMB system.

Edit2: Credit to @iAmFear

17. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

No Nexon, I actually do feel like I'm getting enough power out of my equipment.

At least this system seems more NX-less friendly.

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

thanks kasool, read this thread first, so i just found that out.

i'm liking nebulite uses the set-up system, FINALLY AN USE FOR THAT WINDOW!

and that "not feeling you're getting enough power out of your equipment" yes nexon, i don't feel enough power out of my equipment, but for the wrong reasons

19. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

For these few hours, for the first time, AcornStory is a potentially reliable source.

Diffusers are pretty punitive if you mistakenly shove a C or B grade Nebulite in a final weapon (which some people will since it's a new system and they want to try it out). So basically it's a case of being damn careful about what you shove in your sockets unless you like NX.

20. Default Re: AcornStory â Sockets and Nebulite

But... event items, and, most importantly, my chairs ;_;