Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Familiars attack mobs. Mobs attack me. That's aggro.

2. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

O.o I've been using familiars at Skelegons for a while now and they've never buffed up or started following me after being hit by my familiar. They just stand there as if nothing happened taking the incredible ~2k damage from my Big Spider.

3. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Many thanks for the time you have given me.
    So then if I could socket at least 4 pieces with 12/4 then I could theoretically spam OS and with four 24/4 I should be able to spam FT. This new system looks promising for someone such as myself as I would basically have infinite Mp to attack and recover health with Combo Drain, the +3 seconds of Invincibility socket would give me plenty of time to recover so unless I get hit for more damage than I have Hp or I get seduced this is what I'm feeling

Have I missed anything?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

When I have no familiar out, HT's Wyverns just fly around at random and don't attack unless they bump into me and get hit by Power Reflection. If I have a familiar out, it hits them and they retaliate by attacking and dispelling (not just me but my partner as well).
    Same with C/Zak's summons (especially the annoying stunning white boogies).
    I'll check again with normal mobs when the game is up.

5. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I think if a familiar attacks a mob that would otherwise auto aggro, it'll target you, but if it hits a monster that doesn't auto aggro the monster just ignores it. The damage registers, but the mob doesn't come after you. Sort of like how Beholder's Revenge(?) and Dark Flare would attack something but not actually aggro them.

6. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Except that he's horribly wrong. If you're spamming OS 47 times per min, that's 47 casts of OS "Double" AND 47 casts of OS "Triple"... not 23.5 of each. Not sure what on earth he's trying to do with the equations, but he's making it overly complicated.

Anyway:
    IIRC, OSFB at Faster(2) takes 1890 ms total and uses 20+22+35 = 77 MP/cast. So that's 77*(60,000/1,890) = 2,444 MP/min.
    FT spam at Faster(2) takes 330 ms and uses 25 MP per cast. So that's 25*(60,000/330) = 4,545 MP/min.

7. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

How many accessory slots are there? I counted 6; face, eye, 2 pendants, belt, earring. 6 24/4s = 2,160 Mp/min +my current 228= 2,388 So if I can 6 of those 24/4s then I should be golden right? and if I can somehow come up with the money to cube stuff I should be able to use OS+FB constantly, which might be a little excessive but meh. Also if the top/bottom invincibility socket is broken and you can stack 2 of them for 6 seconds on top of the base then... then... I don't even.

8. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Shoulder? Rings with slots? (Android Heart? not sure what it counts as, but "lol" all the same)

Just a couple of other points:
    1) FT spam is stronger DPS than OSFB.
    2) The only real use for this is in a pot CD situation when you don't have a Jr. Boogie / Platoon Chronos / Mr. Alli / Mutant Snail out. Since Drain will keep your HP full as long as you're attacking, just aim to SLOW your MP usage to what can be fully replenished with a Power/Reg Elixir every 30 sec.
    3) Maxing Empathy can give you +2k max MP, which makes %-based pots heal more. Plus, you can get more use out of the free sunrise/sunset dews that events seem to spit out like crazy.
    4) Adv. Bless will reduce your MP usage by 20% or 25% (I forget which).

9. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Hence why I put "I think" I wasn't entirely sure how to do it. That makes a little bit of sense except you're not accounting the regular attack start up which has its own delay.

Again, you're ignoring the initial delay. And once again, OSFB is 1,590ms delay total. Rather than being an ass and calling me out wrong you should at least check your numbers.

10. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

From the first page, you said Normal attack is 420 ms at Faster(2), right?
    And Double swing is 330 ms, right?
    And Triple swing is 510 ms, right?
    You didn't list Final Blow (810 ms at Normal(6)), which happens to be 630 ms at Faster(2).

So then 420 + 330 + 510 + 630 = 1890 ms.

11. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

I seemed to have misread. I read it as Final Toss and it processed in my mind oddly.

12. Default Re: What is Aran's MP usage per minute?

Really? From what I noticed, it seemed like familiars de-aggroed mobs, sort of like Disorder. It was always noticeable when I would be luring things in Monster Park, and my familiar would lag behind and attack a few after I'm out of their auto-aggro radius, and they go back to wandering around.