Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

Waiting map ~> OS4 base
    Pink Zak map ~> a VPQ room

2. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

nah, wasnt like that
    none of the VPQ maps had that platform layout
    they straight up made a new map for that.

3. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

Regardless of platform arrangement, it was the same VPQ layout. Your 'new map' argument could go for the OS4 base too, if I'm not mistaken. The OS4 base map was a lot bigger, as it included a few portals to other rooms to the right, the one before Pink Zak was cut off.

4. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

either way, laziness abounds.
    pretty nice callback though, haha.

5. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

On that subject, while I severely doubt that the Visitors will be involved in this plot (and would be ridiculously surprised if they were), I don't imagine it would be a stretch for the OSSS to get involved.

No clue what exactly that organization was all about, but they seem to be one of Nexon's anti-alien defense forces.
    The Pink Zakum event (as well as the last Tespia layout) shows that Nexon hasn't forgotten about them.
    In fact, I pretty much expect every "exclusive" plot that GMS gets will involve both them and some sort of extraterrestrials.

6. Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

The whole mining equipment, the search for a specific mineral and the aliens makes me think of the visitors event. I hope I'm wrong though and we have some fresh new non-event content (and a medal equal or better than Time Traveler so I don't feel so bad I didn't get it).

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

The "aliens come to Earth to steal our Copper/Water/Women" premise is an old cliche of 20's pulp SF. I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions from that, although it does make sense that the OSSS would become involved in any sort of alien invasion.

Oh, and I don't want a medal. I want a nice permanent 10 attack badge. Or maybe 10 attack pocket item.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Maple Stories - The Stirge of All Alienkind

the PVP is a nice pocket already, gimme a perma medal that makes the one from the event pale!

and yea, i agree that this is 99% probably not going to deal with visitors, but i'm honestly waiting a return from the OSSS, they did do the event with pink zakum (OSSS recruited you for tat test there.)

i miss the drainhole map, you could still access after the event, i used it as GHQ for a while.