Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Too bad I doubt I'll really care about Xillia given how incredibly rushed and horrible it is.

2. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I would say it was rushed but I wouldn't say it's horrible.

3. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I haven't played it myself, but I thought I heard it was well received in Japan (Granted, knowing critics that doesn't exactly mean much).

4. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

It sold like 750 000 copies opening day or something. Graces F was under 500 000 from what I recall.

5. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

W-what... I want Tales of Xillia so bad that it physically hurts. Best characters.

And now Tales of Graces f is finally out and I have to wait at least a FEW MORE DAYS WHY. Maybe even until the 24th worst case scenario. Oh god I just want to play already. Decided to put Mass Effect 3 on standby for Tales even.

6. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Xillia's story is much more compelling. It's actually thought provoking, etc., especially when compared to Graces F. I enjoyed Graces F's story, but I can understand why people wouldn't.

7. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Everything I've seen about Xillia says that it's a good Tales game. I haven't seen any gameplay videos though...I try to avoid that kind of stuff (I hate spoiling games for myself, I get mad at my friends when they send me Monster Hunter videos consisting of monsters I haven't fought yet, like that sexy Ancient Rathian in FO...AHEM). Anyway, from all accounts I've heard until today, it is a great game. Rushed isn't a big deal if it's still fun, and doesn't destroy the Tales formula.

8. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

ME3 fails in comparison to this game. I just go to the point of finding
    Spoiler
    again. Man I really want Xillia. If they don't bring it here, I'll probably just end up importing it >_>

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Tales of Graces F

I still want ToV PS3. Why can't they local that too? :(

10. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Man, I wish I coulda got it on release. And like Justin said as long as voices aren't ARF bad, I can handle it. I actually played it for 70 hours (still haven't beaten it but anyway), and didn't mind it that much.. when I was playing with no one in the room. I don't even think Marta's voice is that bad anyway. :P

11. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Battle system seems a bit frantic so far, not used to the whole "use basic attack in order to use Artes" thing. Then again, I'm still in the child part, so it'll prob get better.

12. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

From what I'm reading elsewhere, some people are just pushing a random direction and spamming X. Everyone should really look at what each arte does and what they're strong against so they can decide which one to use for their situation and enemy.

For example, Asbel's (older) 2 CC Neutral arte is fast and does 3 hits but only does one damage type. 2 CC Up arte can hit higher targets and is also pretty fast. 2 CC Left arte is slower, but does the most damage. 2 CC Right does a wide sweep and can hit more targets, but leaves Asbel pretty far away.

13. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

So the battle system is more complex and strategic in Graces then? In Abyss all I did was abuse Guy's dragon tempest infinite <_<; Didn't take much to wipe anything and everything off the field.

14. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

It's complex and strategic until you get Richard and have him spam Avenger Bite (the big green biting spell, if they've renamed it). If you want to abuse the game, short cut that as Asbel, and spam it while you attack since it's basically the highest DPS spell in the game, has one of the biggest ranges, lowest cast times, costs 2 CC, and is just overpowered in general in my opinion. You could alternatively just not spam it to have a challenge though.

I think the game is almost too complex due to the stupidly high number of damage types (25?!?!?! HOLY pomegranate), but unless you're playing on Chaos difficulty the whole time, it's not significant except against bosses.

I may be a bit biased, but most other Tales games are about spamming one single high DPS/hit combo/arte/spell until you run out of TP, and then using an Orange/Pine Gel. Graces uses CC so you can't do that, and Xillia has AC along with TP so you're limited in consecutive attacks as well. (Though everything in Xillia only costs 1 AC and it recovers rather fast, like CC does).

15. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Anyone check the god damn psn? They're selling pomegranate like 2x SP and LEVEL UP +5

WHAT THE pineapple NAMCO

16. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

What about DLC costumes? Which ones do they have?

17. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

25 Elements? Really? That's the one thing that caused me to completely hate Chrono Cross. There's just too many elements in that game, it drove me nuts.

It's all about how you play it whether or not the game is about spamming a single ability. I never played Tales of Eternia that way, but I could certainly see people doing it. I love Tales of Eternia, but just like every game there's a few abilities you can spam to make the game easy street. It's all about how you want to play. Do you actually enjoy the battle system for what it is, or do you just want to get through it as fast as possible? I don't understand why people play games with the second mindset, but many people do. If you have the first, you can have fun with the battle systems even if it has some horribly flawed abilities. It's not even "Just never use that ability," just learn to work it into your fights, instead of the entire battle being pressing that same activation button over and over.

Are you really surprised? Capcom dropped the ball with this one, with its MMX iOS port allowing you to buy all the abilities without actually playing.

Just ignore it. It's just companies taking advantage of people who want to cheat at every turn. As a company, you know people are going to cheat. Why not take advantage of it?

18. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets... Royal Crablets.......Royal Crablets...

19. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

What? I haven't seen either of these. I'm still in Barona with Tiger Festival and there's no chest near the Cryas. And there was none up the windmill. I was up there like nine times.

20. Default Re: Tales of Graces F

>Finds Mechanisim for the North gate
    >DONT NEED TO USE THIS AT THIS TIME
    >WHAT THE pomegranate NAMCO?